The Student Room Group

Gays in the army - do it like the Spartans?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 80
Original post by The-Infamous
Eh...? That's like saying "If everyone was fine with homosexuality this would be ok, right?". Your question answers itself.

But the fact of the matter is, everyone isn't alright with man love and rightly so! It's completely sick, twisted and wrong.

Ah, another homophobe. Funny how know one can ever put up an argument as to why its "sick, twisted and wrong". Its complete ignorance
Reply 81
It's completely... wrong.

Why is it 'wrong'?
Original post by DaveSmith99
After the way you have conducted yourself in this thread I can safely say that you are indeed a prick.

Haha what? the way I conducted myself, all I did was simply stick up for myself while you all dug into me for apparently being a homophobe. So how on earth does that make me a prick, and if that is your thinking behind it then surely that makes you a prick as well for sticking up for yourself, so can you and all your gay freinds stop ganging up on me please, It's a free world and I'm aloud to have my own opinion and you yours. I don't know what's wrong with you people. You just love someone to hate for expressing an opinion different to others. Jeez
Reply 83
Original post by TheQuickestSilver
Haha what? the way I conducted myself, all I did was simply stick up for myself while you all dug into me for apparently being a homophobe. So how on earth does that make me a prick, and if that is your thinking behind it then surely that makes you a prick as well for sticking up for yourself, so can you and all your gay freinds stop ganging up on me please, It's a free world and I'm aloud to have my own opinion and you yours. I don't know what's wrong with you people. You just love someone to hate for expressing an opinion different to others. Jeez

I would agree that you have not conducted yourself at all well during this discussion - and I use the word discussion lightly.

We are all still eagerly awaiting some justification for your earlier statements, btw.

Ps. I imagine most of us arguing with you, myself included, are in fact, not gay.
Reply 84
This is one of the reasons why I will always oppose religion.

It is religion that spawned this widespread anti-homosexual behaviour.
Reply 85
I'm not sure gays in the army is a good thing. It might distort a little the buddy relationships soldiers have.
On the other hand, discrimination of any form is unlawful, and should be eradicated.

Meh, I don't know about this one. Pretty complex problem to be honest.
Original post by Phil2202
I would agree that you have not conducted yourself at all well during this discussion - and I use the word discussion lightly.

We are all still eagerly awaiting some justification for your earlier statements, btw.

Ps. I imagine most of us arguing with you, myself included, are in fact, not gay.

In what way have I not conducted myself properly? Honestly all I have done is stated my beliefs and opinions and I have had a load of people be personally rude and hate on me for it? :confused:

You don't want to discuss anything all you guys want is someone to hate, which is not a good way of conducted yourself either is it. And as stated before my sources are that my father served for 20 years in the Royal Engineers regiment, went to Iraq, Alfganistan e.t.c and I have had several in depth discussions about this with him, also my older brother is gay and he agrees that it wouldn't be a good/ right idea for them to be serving on the front line. And before you mindlessly hate on me back please read what I have had to say and respect it, if you have anything good to say back make sure it's worth my time.
Reply 87
In what way have I not conducted myself properly? Honestly all I have done is stated my beliefs and opinions and I have had a load of people be personally rude and hate on me for it? :confused:

You don't want to discuss anything all you guys want is someone to hate, which is not a good way of conducted yourself either is it. And as stated before my sources are that my father served for 20 years in the Royal Engineers regiment, went to Iraq, Alfganistan e.t.c and I have had several in depth discussions about this with him, also my older brother is gay and he agrees that it wouldn't be a good/ right idea for them to be serving on the front line. And before you mindlessly hate on me back please read what I have had to say and respect it, if you have anything good to say back make sure it's worth my time.

Just because you know of a gay person who doesn't think gay people should be on the front line, and someone who was in the army themselves agreeing with them does not mean that you are justified.

I actually think you have given a valid reason, however you have also assumed that gay people WILL form a relationship with other gays in the army. You also seem to think that distractions only come in the form of love and lust. Are you that naive? Every soldier has to put aside his feelings and issues in some form, home worries, other unrelated personal issues etc. I don't see why gay people could not do the same with their issues.
Reply 88

No, actually, what you've been is quite rude. Also you keep spouting about how people should respect your belief, and then refuse to consider contradictory beliefs or evidence, taking them as personal attacks.

Now, onto your second paragraph. Firstly, we don't even know if your Dad and brother even exist, or at least in the forms in which you present them.

Secondly, just because your father is supposedly in the army, his opinion is not automatically correct.

Thirdly, the fact that your brother is supposedly homosexual also does not make his opinion correct in regards to homosexuals being allowed to serve in the armed forced. Nor does it prove that you are not a homophobe, as this apparent lack of tension between you and your brother could easily be fictitious, as indeed could your brother.

The evidence being presented contrary to your beliefs is however, definitely not fabricated, and I would therefore give it precedence over your evidence. It is also gathered from a far more respectable source, giving it yet more weight over your evidence.

I'd also like to point out that at no point have I "mindlessly hated on you", and that most of the people here are not here to hate on you either. They simply think you are wrong, and you refuse to accept that their counter arguments hold any weight, which understandably gets people's backs up, especially when you are condemning a large proportion of the population, and quite unfairly since you lack any reliable evidence at all to support your argument.
Reply 89

[QUOTE="TheQuickestSilver;28864420"]Contradiction? My attitudes disgusting? hmm yeah sure. My father has served in the Royal Engineers for 20 years and has only just been relised from duty this year and I'm sure he and his fellow colleague's would agree with me here. So piss off you imature little girl,the army is no place for gays!
BAD MOVE
What a big contradictory drama. Your information is impaired, I don't trust you anymore :lolwut: Some of us here are incredibly skilled, mind you.

Anyway, have you ever wonder why you were being hated by the TSRians? I don't hate you,really. But I find your behaviour extremely childish. This is the point of your life where you realise the world is a bigger place, and there are all kind of people out there. When people collectively attack on you, it is time to accept that there is something wrong with you.
(edited 13 years ago)
Original post by BlackDog89
Ah, another homophobe. Funny how know one can ever put up an argument as to why its "sick, twisted and wrong". Its complete ignorance

"oh noes another dat dere homephobe"

Why would I need to put up an argument as to why it's sick/twisted/wrong? One of our main objectives is to reproduce, you know that penis you have there? It's there to make offspring, not to be shoved up another mans ass.

Just leave it lol. Fags hate it when others do not share the same opinion as themselves about homosexuality. I completely agree with you but you have to put yourself into a gay persons shoes - obviously they are not going to like the idea of being banned from something (in this case being the army) because of their sexuality.
Reply 91
Original post by manthew
BAD MOVE
What a big contradictory drama. Your information is impaired, I don't trust you anymore :lolwut: Some of us here are incredibly skilled, mind you.

Anyway, have you ever wonder why you were being hated by the TSRians? I don't hate you,really. But I find your behaviour extremely childish. This is the point of your life where you realise the world is a bigger place, and there are all kind of people out there. When people collectively attack on you, it is time to accept that there is something wrong with you.

Good work team :p:

Just leave it lol. Fags hate it when others do not share the same opinion as themselves about homosexuality. I completely agree with you but you have to put yourself into a gay persons shoes - obviously they are not going to like the idea of being banned from something (in this case being the army) because of their sexuality.

Lol well of course they don't like being excluded because of their sexuality! How would you feel if the government decreed that all straight people had to wear shoes made out of barbed wire or something? Or to make the situation more relevant, straight people are excluded from the army?
Reply 92
Why would I need to put up an argument as to why it's sick/twisted/wrong? One of our main objectives is to reproduce, you know that penis you have there? It's there to make offspring, not to be shoved up another mans ass.

Because using something for an action other than it's designated function does not make something "sick, twisted, and wrong".
Original post by manthew
BAD MOVE

How was that a bad move? what are you talking about?...

No I havn't ever wondered why TSR users have hated me because to be honest this is the first thread in which I have received neg rep and hate comments so if you look at all my other posts people are often very freindly and positive about what I have to say + to me this is an internet forum which I use to find out about propect uni's and not one where I get some sort of life/ freinds out of, so if people hate me for my opinion then so be it. I don't believe my behaviour to be childish because I am not acting any different what you and your friends have, infact your acting more childish by all ganging up and heckling one person for expressing his opinion and not believing/ accepting anything I have to say, just mindlessly hating on people. I belief some people call it trolling.
Reply 94
What this thread has turned into. :sigh:
Reply 95
Why is he disgusting? errm because he is trying to insult the whole British army by saying that they all probably bum each other, when they are risking their life for queen and country to keep people like you safe (I personally don't know why). And IRL no no one has ever 'broken my face', haha silly person.

When did he he say that the army all bum each other? All he said was that his dad was gay and fitted in fine, meaning that gays are a-ok in the army. And even if he was implying that the whole army bums each other, is that really an insult? it's the same as saying all the of the army shag women; there's nothing insulting about the idea of them all having sex - what you seem to have a problem with is the idea that some of them might be doing it with men.
People like ME, eh? What's that supposed to mean? Because I don't immediate hate on gays in the army, I suddenly don't deserve their protection? Love you way of thinking, you should totally run for PM one day.

I wish someone would, you're a bit of a prat. hahahha silly homophobe.
Reply 96
How was that a bad move? what are you talking about?...

Basically, you told me that you had had in depth discussions with you dad, but earlier in the thread you said that you were sure that he "would" agree with you, indicating that you were merely speculating, and had in fact not discussed this with your father.

Not that it matters anyway, because we don't even know your dad's in the army at all.

Lol well of course they don't like being excluded because of their sexuality! How would you feel if the government decreed that all straight people had to wear shoes made out of barbed wire or something? Or to make the situation more relevant, straight people are excluded from the army?

Your so immature in how your trying to work in a team and gang up on those with opinions that differ to your own. What is wrong with people having different opinions on things? it is not a crime, infact its the very least we are entitled to. Look if you want to serve in the army then go ahead but I'm 100% sure you will have a tough time in there and the other soldiers will not be quite as accepting of your sexuality as the people on TSR. Good luck.
Reply 98

HiFi!!!!! Hahas I think you should leave that brick alone. I don't think he will ever understand....

There are reasons why he created new account :wink:
Basically, you told me that you had had in depth discussions with you dad, but earlier in the thread you said that you were sure that he "would" agree with you, indicating that you were merely speculating, and had in fact not discussed this with your father.

Not that it matters anyway, because we don't even know your dad's in the army at all.

Err yeah I did, we had a discussion and I am sure he would agree with me... hardly contradicting myself is it?? :s-smilie:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending