The Student Room Group
Students on campus Nottingham Trent University
Nottingham Trent University
Nottingham
Visit website

Nottingham Trent Freshers 2011-2012

I know this is well early but what the hell!

I've Unconditional Firmed NTU tonight after receiving my offer today, so I'm going to be a freshers Oct 2011! Oh yeah!

thought we could have this thread for those of us who will be NTU Freshers in Oct 2011 :smile: I know it's ages away but what the hell!

Also, I'll put people into a list on this post with what they are studying once you have quoted me and told me! :smile:
(edited 13 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
I haven't sent mine off yet, but NTU is one of my choices, and if I received an offer from them it'd definitely be in contention to be my firm, I really love the look of the course, the quality of work put out by their students and the University itself.

I'd be applying for Graphics Design.
Students on campus Nottingham Trent University
Nottingham Trent University
Nottingham
Visit website
Reply 2
I'd like to offer my services as a current NTU student if anyone has any questions and whatnot, 'cause I'm just nice like that! :smile:
Reply 3
I'm hoping to go NTU, but haven't even sent off my ucas :u:
(edited 13 years ago)
Reply 4
Original post by rosee92
I'd like to offer my services as a current NTU student if anyone has any questions and whatnot, 'cause I'm just nice like that! :smile:

Good, you can be my master? :tongue:
Reply 5
I too as a Fresher Rep this year and a current second year, will also endeavour to answer any questions Freshers may have. Especially about Clifton campus, and sports teams :smile:
Reply 6
Original post by Scorpio2211
I too as a Fresher Rep this year and a current second year, will also endeavour to answer any questions Freshers may have. Especially about Clifton campus, and sports teams :smile:

Woop thanks!

So what's Clifton like to live on? As that's where my course is, and I want to play sports too.... :smile:

I wanna do American Football... I know a bit about NTU Renegades and such and that they play in the annual varsity! So what else is there I could do with knowing? :smile:
Reply 7
Original post by Scorpio2211

i may possibly be making trent my insurance option (depending on how my retakes go in jan). what happens with insurance candidates and accomodation in clifton? because as i understand it only people who put it down as their firm can get halls. if my course was based at the city campus id book private halls but as its at clifton would i be looking at houses? or will there be space once this new halls is built?
Reply 8
I've applied to NTU also.

My predicted grades are ABB for a course asking for BBC (Business Management and Entrepreneurship) so if I don't get an offer I will be thoroughly pissed off!

NTU is the only uni i want to go to! Anyone else applied for this course?
Reply 9
Question; somebody said that only people who firm NTU can get in halls, well I had it as my insurance and ended up taking it before embarking on a gap year, will I not be able to apply for city halls when they first become available?
Reply 10
LLb Law 2011!!!..... hopefully...... haha.....
Reply 11
Original post by blitz3r
LLb Law 2011!!!..... hopefully...... haha.....

lol! Good luck with your application!! You got a conditional offer yet?
Reply 12
Original post by jimbles
lol! Good luck with your application!! You got a conditional offer yet?

THX
sort of, i hav a guaranteed place provided i score above 60 average in my foundation... goin in a month time to ntic for foundation in law... starting freshmen year tis comin sept....
Reply 13
Hi everyone. i have recently been given a conditional offer for History at NTU and i live in Nottingham so i think it is going to be my firm. :biggrin: x
Reply 14
Original post by rosee92

Original post by rosee92

hey. i was just wondering what you think of NTU and if you enjoy the course and whether or not i would enjoy it. i live in Nottingham already so i know the area and it will be cheap for me to be near Home.
Reply 15
Original post by gtuck3
hey. I was just wondering what you think of NTU and if you enjoy the course and whether or not i would enjoy it. i live in Nottingham already so i know the area and it will be cheap for me to be near Home.

Personally I really like my course, I'd rather a few more hours a week because I find it difficult to motivate myself however. The content has a good mix of stuff from A level and stuff I've never studied before which I really like, I wasn't keen on the idea of being totally new to it all. Just, if you can, avoid the 'Introduction to Social Policy' module no matter what course you're doing, it's boring as hell and the lecturer is even worse. Any more questions?
Reply 16
If I get an offer from NTU I will definitely be firming it. I've applied for Computer Science..
Reply 17
Hey, current fresher within clifton campus!!
i advise you all to come to NTU!
Amazing uni, firstly for socially, and also for education too.

ANYONE need any answers to any questions regarding anything hit me out!!

cheeeeeeers :biggrin:
Reply 18
Original post by hglufc
Hey, current fresher within clifton campus!!
i advise you all to come to NTU!
Amazing uni, firstly for socially, and also for education too.

ANYONE need any answers to any questions regarding anything hit me out!!

cheeeeeeers :biggrin:

Excellent, just what I need, somebody who is gonna be like me! haha!

I'm going to be on Clifton Campus, so what's it like there socially? :smile:

Also, you involved in any sports or societies?

Oh, silly question, I'm guessing NTU send a welcome pack? When do these usually come?
Reply 19
Original post by jimbles

Original post by jimbles
I know this is well early but what the hell!

I've Unconditional Firmed NTU tonight after receiving my offer today, so I'm going to be a freshers Oct 2011! Oh yeah!

thought we could have this thread for those of us who will be NTU Freshers in Oct 2011 :smile: I know it's ages away but what the hell!

Also, I'll put people into a list on this post with what they are studying once you have quoted me and told me! :smile:

I also have an unconditional offer and will be starting in October 2011 :smile:, what halls are you applying to??

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending