The Student Room Group

Gays in the army - do it like the Spartans?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 100
Original post by TheQuickestSilver
Your so immature in how your trying to work in a team and gang up on those with opinions that differ to your own. What is wrong with people having different opinions on things? it is not a crime, infact its the very least we are entitled to. Look if you want to serve in the army then go ahead but I'm 100% sure you will have a tough time in there and the other soldiers will not be quite as accepting of your sexuality as the people on TSR. Good luck.

Actually, we're not working as a team, I was joking and congratulating my fellow TSR on his argument.

Lol again, you're implying that I, an other people arguing with you, are gay. I don't know about other members arguing with you, but I'm straight. It doesn't mean I have to have a problem with gays in the army...
Reply 101
Err yeah I did, we had a discussion and I am sure he would agree with me... hardly contradicting myself is it?? :s-smilie:

Well, yes, it is. If you had an in depth discussion, I would hope that would be able to decipher whether or not your father agreed with you, and thus you would not have to speculate...
Original post by Mm_Minty
When did he he say that the army all bum each other? All he said was that his dad was gay and fitted in fine, meaning that gays are a-ok in the army. And even if he was implying that the whole army bums each other, is that really an insult? it's the same as saying all the of the army shag women; there's nothing insulting about the idea of them all having sex - what you seem to have a problem with is the idea that some of them might be doing it with men.
People like ME, eh? What's that supposed to mean? Because I don't immediate hate on gays in the army, I suddenly don't deserve their protection? Love you way of thinking, you should totally run for PM one day.

I wish someone would, you're a bit of a prat. hahahha silly homophobe.

Why are you being so personal and rude, what's the need. You are obviously very young and immature to use that as your argument, you don't know me, you don't know my father so how can you call him gay you silly little troll. :s-smilie: That's like me saying your mother's a fat prostitute dyke who only charges £5 a shag because she is so desperate to fuel her addiction to crack and feed her fat, ugly slag of a daughter. Stop being personal! Troll.
Original post by Phil2202
Actually, we're not working as a team, I was joking and congratulating my fellow TSR on his argument.

Lol again, you're implying that I, an other people arguing with you, are gay. I don't know about other members arguing with you, but I'm straight. It doesn't mean I have to have a problem with gays in the army...

Your obviously not straight to be taking such offence from my opinion, infact I figure you as a closet gay whose worried about coming out because of fear of discrimination, am I right? and I didn't contradict myself I simply stated that yes my dad would agree with what I have to say following on from our discussion.
Your obviously not straight to be taking such offence from my opinion, infact I figure you as a closet gay whose worried about coming out because of fear of discrimination, am I right? and I didn't contradict myself I simply stated that yes my dad would agree with what I have to say following on from our discussion.

You're a tool.
So a mate of mine, who incidentally happened to be gay (although I don't see what that has to do with anything) who died in Afghanistan and managed to save 4 of his squaddies in the process shouldn't have been in the army?!

Jog on.

[I want to use a lot of expletives here, but have decided not to]
Your obviously not straight to be taking such offence from my opinion, infact I figure you as a closet gay whose worried about coming out because of fear of discrimination, am I right?

What, because he supports gay rights he must be gay? Do you know, I agree with the civil rights movement which by your logic, makes me black. I also agree with the principle of feminism, which naturally makes me a woman.

Anyway you still have to address my point about the MOD. You have a go at people for not engaging in serious debate with you and being personal, but then when somebody does have a non-personal serious debate you choose to ignore them.
Reply 106

I think my girlfriend would disagree. You don't have to be gay to believe gays should have equal rights...

EDIT: I've just realised, I'm wearing my halloween costume in my profile pick so that argument will totally backfire. *deletes link*
(edited 13 years ago)
Original post by Philosoraptor
You're a tool.
So a mate of mine, who incidentally happened to be gay (although I don't see what that has to do with anything) who died in Afghanistan and managed to save 4 of his squaddies in the process shouldn't have been in the army?!

Jog on.

[I want to use a lot of expletives here, but have decided not to]

How am I tool. Again I'm not sure how many times I am going to have to state this in this thread because people who keep quoting me are either blind or stupid it is my opinion and I am entitled to it, so stop getting personal! theres no need. My respects to your friend but what does it have to do with me?

Tool. Jog on.
How am I tool. Again I'm not sure how many times I am going to have to state this in this thread because people who keep quoting me are either blind or stupid it is my opinion and I am entitled to it, so stop getting personal! theres no need. My respects to your friend but what does it have to do with me?

Tool. Jog on.

It does have something to do with you - I asked you a question.

I said why shouldn't he have been in the army?
By your logic it'd be better for 4 other guys to be dead to keep this idea going... I'm just trying to say it doesn't make sense...
Original post by Phil2202
I think my girlfriend would disagree. You don't have to be gay to believe gays should have equal rights...

EDIT: I've just realised, I'm wearing my halloween costume in my profile pick so that argument will totally backfire. *deletes link*

How does this prove you have a girlfriend, plus your profile pic is that of you dressed as a playboy bunny. The evidence is stacking up eh!
Reply 110
How does this prove you have a girlfriend, plus your profile pic is that of you dressed as a playboy bunny. The evidence is stacking up eh!

Lol well you could cross reference my TSR name with my profile, and then you know, look at my relationship status?

Lol yeah, the bunny ears only went on for that pick though, they came with the cuffs and collar. I was wearing a hat for the rest of the night, as you can see by the other pictures. Anyway, a costume doesn't make you gay, it was a bit of fun for halloween :smile:
Original post by Philosoraptor
It does have something to do with you - I asked you a question.

I said why shouldn't he have been in the army?
By your logic it'd be better for 4 other guys to be dead to keep this idea going... I'm just trying to say it doesn't make sense...

Was he a medic then or what? because if he was a front line soldier and saved 4 people I'm sure he would have made news and got a medal of bravery for it?. My logic is that I don't believe it would be right for openly gay people to serve in the army because I think it would affect the moral of the troops, I think alot of bullying would go on, infact in one case in America there was one openly gay bloke who was killed on purpose by a fellow soldier just for being gay. People can argue all they want that gays should be aloud to serve but what they don't understand is they will be just as prosicuted against in the army as they were out if not more so. And that is my opinion.
Reply 112
How was that a bad move? what are you talking about?...

No I havn't ever wondered why TSR users have hated me because to be honest this is the first thread in which I have received neg rep and hate comments so if you look at all my other posts people are often very freindly and positive about what I have to say + to me this is an internet forum which I use to find out about propect uni's and not one where I get some sort of life/ freinds out of, so if people hate me for my opinion then so be it. I don't believe my behaviour to be childish because I am not acting any different what you and your friends have, infact your acting more childish by all ganging up and heckling one person for expressing his opinion and not believing/ accepting anything I have to say, just mindlessly hating on people. I belief some people call it trolling.

-Phil has probably explained it to you.

-Here are some reasons why this the first 'Bomb' you received (according to you anyway):
1.) You just created your account not long ago.
2.) All your previous posts were casual chat
3.) This is probably the first time you meet the true TSRians. (Yes we have a culture)
4.) Please do not lie. You've been accused of being moron before (we can see your previous posts fyi) Also, showing off that two female friends in your profile isn't cool mate. It can't prove that you are any popular or 'well-received'. On the side note, I can tell you what proves that your popular: Having to receive at least 2 love mails a day asking you to approve their friend request in facebook, it really pisses me off sometimes D={ bloody strangers

-Good to know you are aware to that. Let me ask you just one question, you have expressed your opinion aye, but can you deny that you didn't do it in a malicious way? The evidence starts from page 1.

-One thing you should know is that there is no particular group of 'Friends' in this open public forum. What's infront of you is a collective ideas from the public (in this case, students) Unfortunately, you are the inferior one :fuhrer: The evidence is clear. You will have to fit yourself in or perish. (not literally)

-I could be childish to you, that would be your own opinion. But I beg to differ and here is my defence: Is arguing with a solid reasoning and with a clear conscience, so though it strongly asserts the belief of oneself and overwhelmed the other, an act of childishness? Me think not.
[See, this is how you give your opinion rather than to say things like "I'M NOT CHILDISH :grr::grr:; and that, my friend, was what you basically do]

-You are mindlessly thinking that you are being hated because you are different. No, being different doesn't upset people. What does, is the way you deliver your opinion in an offensive way.

-That is not the way how you use the word "Trolling" in this forum. Go search the forum and learn what is considered a troll. Stop calling people trolls.

Was he a medic then or what? because if he was a front line soldier and saved 4 people I'm sure he would have made news and got a medal of bravery for it?. My logic is that I don't believe it would be right for openly gay people to serve in the army because I think it would affect the moral of the troops, I think alot of bullying would go on, infact in one case in America there was one openly gay bloke who was killed on purpose by a fellow soldier just for being gay. People can argue all they want that gays should be aloud to serve but what they don't understand is they will be just as prosicuted against in the army as they were out if not more so. And that is my opinion.

GOSH it takes 6 pages to finally learn how to express your opinion? That is how you deliver it. Phil has done a good job on this, you should thank him. Although I have something to say on your points, but I think I'll just leave you and your new found glory.
(edited 13 years ago)
Wasn't Leonidas making fun of Athen's 'boy-lovers' in 300? :confused:
Reply 114
Original post by asdfg0987
Wasn't Leonidas making fun of Athen's 'boy-lovers' in 300? :confused:

Lol well 300 isn't historically accurate in the slightest haha :p:
Original post by manthew
-Phil has probably explained it to you.

-Here are some reasons why this the first 'Bomb' you received (according to you anyway):
1.) You just created your account not long ago.
2.) All your previous posts were casual chat
3.) This is probably the first time you meet the true TSRians. (Yes we have a culture)
4.) Please do not lie. You've been accused of being moron before (we can see your previous posts fyi) Also, showing off that two female friends in your profile isn't cool mate. It can't prove that you are any popular or 'well-received'. On the side note, I can tell you what proves that your popular: Having to receive at least 2 love mails a day asking you to approve their friend request in facebook, it really pisses me off sometimes D={ bloody strangers

-Good to know you are aware to that. Let me ask you just one question, you have expressed your opinion aye, but can you deny that you didn't do it in a malicious way? The evidence starts from page 1.

-One thing you should know is that there is no particular group of 'Friends' in this open public forum. What's infront of you is a collective ideas from the public (in this case, students) Unfortunately, you are the inferior one :fuhrer: The evidence is clear. You will have to fit yourself in or perish. (not literally)

-I could be childish to you, that would be your own opinion. But I beg to differ and here is my defence: Is arguing with a solid reasoning and with a clear conscience, so though it strongly asserts the belief of oneself and overwhelmed the other, an act of childishness? Me think not.
[See, this is how you give your opinion rather than to say things like "I'M NOT CHILDISH :grr::grr:; and that, my friend, was what you basically do]

-You are mindlessly thinking that you are being hated because you are different. No, being different doesn't upset people. What does, is the way you deliver your opinion in an offensive way.

-That is not the way how you use the word "Trolling" in this forum. Go search the forum and learn what is considered a troll. Stop calling people trolls.

GOSH it takes 6 pages to finally learn how to express your opinion? That is how you deliver it. Phil has done a good job on this, you should thank him.

Just from reading this or should I say trying to (quite alot of typo's btw) I can tell you spend far too much time on the computer/ TSR; if you think this is some kind of community/ your life and friends. Also if you think the definition of being popular/ well received is getting 2 friend requests a day on facebook I feel quite sad for you really, I can tell you now that is not how to tell whether you are well recieved/popular or not, you can tell that from being in the real world, having real friends, a real life e.t.c...

And when have I been picked up on being a moron before? please inform me.
Reply 116
Just from reading this or should I say trying to (quite alot of typo's btw)

Don't attack spelling and grammar, it makes you look desperate, and your already feeble argument look yet weaker.

I can tell you spend far too much time on the computer/ TSR; if you think this is some kind of community/ your life and friends.

Technically it is a community; it is possible to have friends online; and he never said TSR was his life.
Reply 117
Original post by manthew
Because that is before the Bible comes in... that bloody book

lol why you mad tho? Not getting it enough times up the bumbum? speak to your dad I'm sure he will think of something :sexface:

OP: I don't think people acting gay will improve the quality of the army...
Reply 118
Just from reading this or should I say trying to (quite alot of typo's btw) I can tell you spend far too much time on the computer/ TSR; if you think this is some kind of community/ your life and friends. Also if you think the definition of being popular/ well received is getting 2 friend requests a day on facebook I feel quite sad for you really, I can tell you now that is not how to tell whether you are well recieved/popular or not, you can tell that from being in the real world, having real friends, a real life e.t.c...

And when have I been picked up on being a moron before? please inform me.

It 2am here + December holiday + Just so fun = TSR surfing

-Sorry I don't think you can judge how much I spend my time. If you take a look at my stats, my post per day doesn't even pass 1. You, on the contrary, I don't think emphasise on this any further. Let the numbers talk.

-Oh gosh you must be joking... Just as I thought you are getting better... fine.. No, I do not take this as some kind of "Circle of Friendship" but I must admit TSR is as addictive as facebook. Cause we get to see people like you dancing in the circuit.

-OOOPpps I must say that I was pretty agitated on that facebook one. Sound pretty much like you, don't you think :wink:

-Sigh.. People who bother to see it, please go to his previous post.

I wanted to kiss you good bye, but you just have to push it.. I'm going to sleep now. Talk to you tomorrow. Nite
Original post by manthew
Because that is before the Bible comes in... that bloody book

I absolutely cracked up at this XD It's so true!

Quick Reply