The Student Room Group

Which uni would you choose!?

Hi guys! :smile:

I have recently applied through UCAS for some business related degrees and I need help choosing... :confused: So far I have gotten offers from all but UCL which is the one I am most interested in. Which would you choose between UCL and York, or would you choose one of the others on the list?? If there are any advantages/disadvantages of one over the other please tell me...

UCL - Information Management for Business

York - Management

Liverpool - International Business

Royal Holloway - Management with Information Systems

Kingston - International Business

Thanks! :biggrin:
Reply 1
UCL is the best there definitely, and then York, then Liverpool, then RH, then Kingston. IMO anyway!
UCL (Y)
Reply 3
UCL might be better on paper, but it depends on what you want from a uni. I, personally, didn't like UCL and loved York. But if you're going purely on prestige, then UCL :smile: But make sure that you really like the place you're going to - not just the course, but the location as well. You are going to be spending 3/4 years of your life there.
UCL definitely
UCL, it's an amazing place!!!
Reply 6
Original post by adamwinogrodzki
Hi guys! :smile:

I have recently applied through UCAS for some business related degrees and I need help choosing... :confused: So far I have gotten offers from all but UCL which is the one I am most interested in. Which would you choose between UCL and York, or would you choose one of the others on the list?? If there are any advantages/disadvantages of one over the other please tell me...

UCL - Information Management for Business

York - Management

Liverpool - International Business

Royal Holloway - Management with Information Systems

Kingston - International Business

Thanks! :biggrin:

UCL if you can finish :colone:

Else either York or Liverpool is fine.

One thing to note in business related courses is to not become too specialized as there are very very few jobs out there that actually requires such specialization, the UCL program is definitely one that is very specialized.
Reply 7
Original post by Iorek
UCL if you can finish :colone:

Else either York or Liverpool is fine.

One thing to note in business related courses is to not become too specialized as there are very very few jobs out there that actually requires such specialization, the UCL program is definitely one that is very specialized.

On the face of it, it would seem so... But the ITMB course isn't actually "information management" per se, more Management in an ICT / Business setting-ish, I believe.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending