The Student Room Group

Want to lose weight before uni so i can look nice.

Scroll to see replies

Reply 60
Original post by Loz17
She can have a run around Parkwood when she gets here then :wink:

Indeed she can lol, around all of campus if she can be bothered.... :P
Reply 61
Original post by helpneeded-a
lol yessssssssss! when i get my march results back and they are good enough for kent i will! but i need to startdoing my work for that :frown:

lol, kent has a good gym right? i havn't seen the sports hall stuff

I got a membership...compared to the one where i live in London it lacks a high amount of cardio machines for the number of people that have memberships i reckon (at peak times they get really busy). But the free weights area is bigger than the one im used to...But its always packed out with boys...never seen at the free weights area.

But like Loz said there are other facilities you can use :smile:
Original post by Bgreen91
Indeed she can lol, around all of campus if she can be bothered.... :P

Its still not a massive distance even around central campus and Parkwood. Though I might start that up again for fitness and see if I can weight train in the summer agian at home (if I have a spare £75 lying around :s-smilie:)

Is the gym worth the money? I might look to using the one in the main city centre (thereabouts, unsure of exact location)
Reply 63
Original post by Loz17
Its still not a massive distance even around central campus and Parkwood. Though I might start that up again for fitness and see if I can weight train in the summer agian at home (if I have a spare £75 lying around :s-smilie:)

Is the gym worth the money? I might look to using the one in the main city centre (thereabouts, unsure of exact location)

It is worth the money i think if you use it regularly :smile: I brought the early bird peak one before we came here for £135 I think. Been pretty lazy though :s-smilie:

I WILL be a good boy next term and go regularly... :colondollar: As i gotta do my essays now lol.

I guess it depends what you wanna use it for...next year i probs wont get it, and just run on the roads like i used too. Been pretty lazy since i come here
Original post by Bgreen91
It is worth the money i think if you use it regularly :smile: I brought the early bird peak one before we came here for £135 I think. Been pretty lazy though :s-smilie:

I WILL be a good boy next term and go regularly... :colondollar: As i gotta do my essays now lol.

I guess it depends what you wanna use it for...next year i probs wont get it, and just run on the roads like i used too. Been pretty lazy since i come here

Might try it next year as a time killer for having to be on campus all day rather than being in the library forever Depends on money though...

Everyone has stuff atm. Why?!
Reply 65
Original post by Loz17
Might try it next year as a time killer for having to be on campus all day rather than being in the library forever Depends on money though...

Everyone has stuff atm. Why?!

Have to ask the uni that i guess :tongue:

Yeah i think i'd rather save the money next year...i'll see nearer the time.

If you're just gonna run, might as well save money. Depends what you wanna do with your weights (I'm no pro with this stuff) but you could just get a set of dumbells for your house next year or something
WII FIT.
Reply 67
Original post by helpneeded-a
Give me tips !:O, well more tips lol

what exactly did you do

Well, I lost the first two stone by joining the gym and going 4 times a week. To begin with I went on the cross trainer for an hour everytime - it did make me lose the weight but it got boring after a while. Now, I go on the stepper, cross trainer, rower and bicyle - just to make it more interesting :smile:. I don't really eat that healthily but I went through a phase where I only ate quorn and vegis for lunch and dinner - that worked. But, overall, I just went to gym and cut my portions of food.
Join a local gym if you can :smile: once you get going and weigh yourself weekly and see the pounds come off it really is motivating. If you can't get to the gym you could go for jogs, like a ten minute jog and build it up as you get fitter. This could be a load of rubbish but it is what worked for me :smile: good luck!!
At least you're planning well in advance. Good luck
Reply 69
Original post by Teaddict
The article also said that calorie counting is unnecessary.
There is also articles on the Telegraph about high protein diets being the best thing to keep weight off.

Well that makes sense tbh. I guess if you eat healthily all the time, you'd never eat too many calories in the first place cos it would take a tremendous amount of food. Whereas one cake... :frown: lol
Cool, I understand what you meant now.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending