The Student Room Group

Why are teenagers obsessed with black people and black culture?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by No Man
So where did these people in your year grow up then? Yorkshire?

MK. I grew up in Canning Town, East London and I don't really use slang except for if I'm joking around or being serious.
Original post by Lewroll
Heres an interesting point about eminem. He said in one of his songs that if he was black he wouldnt even have sold half as many songs as he did- he wouldnt be so pouplar (he said this himself).

I wonder why that is?
Eminem is one of the best mainstream rappers imo..

So everything that comes out of his mouth has some kind of logic to it?

Anyway, the real reason why most of these mainstream artists are so rich and popular is because they sold their soul.
Original post by AClockworkOrange
This 'acting black' and 'acting white' thing is so stupid. People are people and everyone is different.

And also 'Black culture' :rolleyes:
So.. White culture? Obviously English, French, German, Russian, Canadian...etc all have the same culture, right? :facepalm2:

Because, I defiantly feel like I have a completely different culture to a Jamaican person, South African, etc..
So stop generalising.

We are in Britain so obviously I'm talking about teenagers IN Britain. Jheeze.
Original post by Lewroll
You dont really know what you are talking about. Firstly, I was talking about black women in the western world. Secondly, a black woman from Ethiopia or somalia does not look the same as a black carribbean or african american. If what you were saying was true, than it would only be some black women that change their hair, not the majority. Now tell me why in britain, you hardly ever see a black woman with their own hair?

And where do black people in the Western world come from? They come from Africa, Genius. Secondly there are tribes in Nigeria that could look Ethiopian.

And you haven't seen every single black woman in Britain so you can't generalise. All I know is that the only fake hair I put on my hair is braids and I haven't had braids for like a year and a half now.
Original post by Little Martian
We are in Britain so obviously I'm talking about teenagers IN Britain. Jheeze.

Oh, please :rolleyes:. I live in Britain and my culture is not like the one you are portraying. All black people aren't all the same. It's just ignorance...

Are you trying to be black too :rolleyes: by using 'Jheeze' because that's slang too right.
Reply 65
Nice stereotyping and racism you got going on there. There is no such thing as acting black you stupid person.
Reply 66
You mean black hip hop culture? Because not every black culture is like the culture you're referring to OP.
Original post by The Cornerstone
No one in the corner has swagger like us, swagger like us...swagger swagger like us:cool:

Lol.
Original post by The Cornerstone
No one in the corner has swagger like us, swagger like us...swagger swagger like us:cool:

Jam your hype blud...mandem from norf weezie have swagga! you get me
Oh, please :rolleyes:. I live in Britain and my culture is not like the one you are portraying. All black people aren't all the same. It's just ignorance...

Are you trying to be black too :rolleyes: by using 'Jheeze' because that's slang too right.

Look at my other posts. And I am black.
Original post by SAK.A
Nice stereotyping and racism you got going on there. There is no such thing as acting black you stupid person.

There is. I don't see why you're calling me stupid because you don't know me.
Look at my other posts. And I am black.

:rolleyes: Uh-huh, sure you are. I'm done.
Reply 72
Blacks in Britain all have different culture OP.
Original post by TWF
You mean black hip hop culture? Because not every black culture is like the culture you're referring to OP.

I'm talking about Britain so kind of but not really. [:
Pretty Boy Swag :colonhash:
Not black culture

Modern black african american culture (since the mid 90s?), american rap/hip hop culture and the glorification of - as well as styles of dressing, behaviour and language, all inclusive - Which in turn has translated and spawned 'Black british urban culture' with grime music, our own slang and language and sense of dress and behaviour.

/thread
(edited 13 years ago)
And where do black people in the Western world come from? They come from Africa, Genius. Secondly there are tribes in Nigeria that could look Ethiopian.

And you haven't seen every single black woman in Britain so you can't generalise. All I know is that the only fake hair I put on my hair is braids and I haven't had braids for like a year and a half now.

You really are very ignorant arent you. I dont know why I'm discussing this with you because you arent listening, but i will try again. Where the people come from is irrelevant. It is the society they and their parents live in which makes up for most of their behaviour. Are you following me? So if you take a person and put them in a society which portrays a certain type of person, the majority of people will want to emulate these people. So that is why black women in britain change their hair. They say its because their hair is weaker or some **** like that, but thats onlly because of all the stuff theyve been doing to it to make it straight. Oh and another thing genius, not every black person in the western world came direct from africa, many came from the carribbean. So if you want to use the statement 'they all came from africa', then i can use that statement about every single person on the planet. Get your facts straight before you talk to me again.
:rolleyes: Uh-huh, sure you are. I'm done.

Do you think I care whether you believe me or not?
Reply 78

You sure about that?
Blud I've been saying 'swag' long before Cheryl Cole.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending