The Student Room Group

Why are teenagers obsessed with black people and black culture?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 80
It's because black people have the ability to make anything, literally anything, sound cool.
Reply 81
Original post by Lewroll
You dont really know what you are talking about. Firstly, I was talking about black women in the western world. Secondly, a black woman from Ethiopia or somalia does not look the same as a black carribbean or african american. If what you were saying was true, than it would only be some black women that change their hair, not the majority. Now tell me why in britain, you hardly ever see a black woman with their own hair?

Im sorry boo, but you just stepped on the wrong path love. I for one am a black girl that actually tends her own full and curly hair in order to maintain a healthy hair growth. I do agree that there are many black women out ther that wear artificial hair but do you really think that women of other races don't thread on the same path?.

Check around your local area and I am very sure you have based your pitiful conclusion on the minority of black people around you. Basically, not all black women wear artificial hair and in comparison, not all other women do either. I am open to questions if you are the least bit confused on differentiating between real and fake hair :tongue:
Reply 82
All black people are born with the cool gene.
Original post by lukejoshjedi
Not black culture

Modern black african american culture (since the mid 90s?), american rap/hip hop culture and the glorification of - as well as styles of dressing, behaviour and language, all inclusive

Excuse me?
Reply 84
I think it is disappointing that in todays society one's colour of skin should dictate how they should act and how they should talk, whatever happened to conent of character eh lol
Reply 85
Original post by Arekkusu
It's because black people have the ability to make anything, literally anything, sound cool.

Wishful :smile:
OP is a c.u.n.t some doughnut!
Reply 87
Slang is slang.... its language. Its when people conform to do things they wouldnt do my themselves when youve got to worry.... and maybe its hard to see the difference sometimes. Doesnt make a difference if you are 15 or 50 so don't let arrogant TSRers be condescending because of your age.
Original post by Lewroll
You really are very ignorant arent you. I dont know why I'm discussing this with you because you arent listening, but i will try again. Where the people come from is irrelevant. It is the society they and their parents live in which makes up for most of their behaviour. Are you following me? So if you take a person and put them in a society which portrays a certain type of person, the majority of people will want to emulate these people. So that is why black women in britain change their hair. They say its because their hair is weaker or some **** like that, but thats onlly because of all the stuff theyve been doing to it to make it straight. Oh and another thing genius, not every black person in the western world came direct from africa, many came from the carribbean. So if you want to use the statement 'they all came from africa', then i can use that statement about every single person on the planet. Get your facts straight before you talk to me again.

Stereotypical. You're obivously a white person hating on black women. I bet you don't even have any black friends and black people from the Carribean came from Africa. They were taken as slaves. And everyone originated from Africa in the first place so your argument is flawed.
Original post by ussumane
You sure about that?

Yes. Type "Nigeria fulani" in google. [:
But i'm a G doe.
Reply 91
cuz its b00m
Original post by TheGrandmaster
Blud I've been saying 'swag' long before Cheryl Cole.

Are you white?
Original post by Arekkusu

Aw, thanks. :]
Reply 94
Its because black people are viewed so much cooler than everyone else. Naturally we all want to be viewed as "cool". Society sees black people are cool so we try and act black. When was the last time you saw anyone pretending to be asian or white? it doesnt happen because society views asians as hard working/nerdy or terrorists.

PS, these are not my opinions, im just stating how i feel that society dictates what is cool and what isnt.

My sig shows a black guy doing something extremely cool. If clapton did that, everyone would be like, "wtf is that white guy doing?"
(edited 13 years ago)
Original post by puma21
All black people are born with the cool gene.

Thanks luv. :]
So should white people say: Hello good chap
Black People: Hello bruv wassup innit
and......

Asians say. Hello Mr Patel come to my corner shop. or Beef fried rice. 2 for £2.50.

this seems like a silly thread imo. I see why you call yourself little martian. where the hell do you come from?

BTW: isnt the term "swagga" not "swag". Swag is the term for someone or something that one would refer to as "gay" or "crap" swagga is a complement. it means something along style such as "that guy has swagga" I think.

Not that I use such words. I am not your "typical black person"
Original post by mauvetard
Im sorry boo, but you just stepped on the wrong path love. I for one am a black girl that actually tends her own full and curly hair in order to maintain a healthy hair growth. I do agree that there are many black women out ther that wear artificial hair but do you really think that women of other races don't thread on the same path?.

Check around your local area and I am very sure you have based your pitiful conclusion on the minority of black people around you. Basically, not all black women wear artificial hair and in comparison, not all other women do either. I am open to questions if you are the least bit confused on differentiating between real and fake hair :tongue:

I never once said all black women have fake hair. I said a lot, something which can't be denied. And yes i agree, many women do wear hair extensions, but thats not what we are discussing now is it? My conclusion is pitiful now is it. Well thats great isnt it. I don't deny that there are women with their own hair, but if you look in popular culture, you will have a long look before you find a black woman with her own hair. I know the difference between real and fake hair, and just because someone goes and buys a wig made from 'real human hair' doesnt make it their hair. Real hair grows from your scalp, and there is nothing wrong with it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TQf-s58rDUM
Original post by GGSTRT
I think it is disappointing that in todays society one's colour of skin should dictate how they should act and how they should talk, whatever happened to conent of character eh lol

I've already explained about the London thing.
Original post by Ghim
Wishful :smile:

Don't hate.

Quick Reply