The Student Room Group

Should a "Freikorps" be established to suppress the protests

Freikorps, in the broader sense of the term, is a voluntary paramilitary unit

Now that it has been widely acknowledged that these student "congregations" are established on a confused bandwagon fueled by buzz words and a Peter Pan mentality, and that the presence of the media refrains the police from taking the appropriate course of action, do you believe that it is time for an unofficial paramilitary group to take action? Obviously, if such a group existed, before action a warning would go forth to urge women and kids and malnourished "arts for the sake of art" graduates to stay at home.

Thoughts?

Scroll to see replies

I'd be up for smashing up some hippies, students and reds so yeah.
Reply 2
Cool. : ]
Reply 3
I'd be up for smashing up some hippies, students and reds so yeah.

Why the commies?????????
Reply 4
It'd be ****ing funny tbh lol.
Reply 5
Yes hippies and students, not so much the Commies; the protesters don't qualify as Commies

Yes because 95% of innocent peaceful students deserve to be attacked due to the actions of a minority.

Why is this 14th century idea still being brought up constantly.
Reply 7
Original post by KingofSpades
Yes hippies and students, not so much the Commies; the protesters don't qualify as Commies

In Soviet Russia, law breaks you!
Reply 8
obviously everyone would have to wear uniform
Reply 9
I'd be up for knocking the six bells out of a few 'Anarchists' who want the government to pay for everything.
Original post by Excandersham
Yes because 95% of innocent peaceful students deserve to be attacked due to the actions of a minority.

Why is this 14th century idea still being brought up constantly.

depends how we are to define innocent. innocent of vandalism, yes
innocent of choosing idiocy and encouraging mass idiocy, I think not.

They are guilty of no crime.

Protesting is a right granted by the european union.

No person wants a state that allows no protesting.
(edited 13 years ago)

An in no way is protesting against a tripling of tuition fees, university funding cuts, ema removal and international student discrimination idiotic.
Recall the troops from Afghanistan! Some student has been pissing on Winston... I demand capital punishment.
Reply 14

Why don't we create this Freikorps and give them even more power than that. Give them some IT guys so that they can find and root out stupid internet trolls. How about that?
Reply 15
Posh boys' army.
I'd love to see this.
An in no way is protesting against a tripling of tuition fees, university funding cuts, ema removal and international student discrimination idiotic.

wow I didn't think anyone a literary ability still believed in this cause.

A tripling of tuition fees. Yes. Because good things cost money, and that is the actual price of a decent degree. I just wonder why the taxpayer hasn't thus far complained that his money has been used to fund ridiculous courses. We are in debt, circa 6 billion.

EMA is being replaced by Learning Support Funds, which is basically EMA under a new name and a new, more stringent regime.

Where lies this discrimination against international students?
Original post by danny111
Why don't we create this Freikorps and give them even more power than that. Give them some IT guys so that they can find and root out stupid internet trolls. How about that?

Give them power, I don't think so. The proposition relies on taking and exerting pre-existing power and good sense.
wow I didn't think anyone a literary ability still believed in this cause.

A tripling of tuition fees. Yes. Because good things cost money, and that is the actual price of a decent degree. I just wonder why the taxpayer hasn't thus far complained that his money has been used to fund ridiculous courses. We are in debt, circa 6 billion.

EMA is being replaced by Learning Support Funds, which is basically EMA under a new name and a new, more stringent regime.

Where lies this discrimination against international students?

1. Europe charges half of what wales still charges for its degrees. At least.

2. The debt? Then cut the military spending and stop following America around the world like a lapdog. And this change will still cost the government excess amounts of money through loans.

3. The home office issued a statement to the general public for how to reduce the amount of international students coming here. Which would lead to even less university funding.

4. The new learning support fund only relates to certain needs directly related to essential education. No travel costs are being paid for under 18s. So theres no incentive to get them to study.
1. Europe charges half of what wales still charges for its degrees. At least.

2. The debt? Then cut the military spending and stop following America around the world like a lapdog. And this change will still cost the government excess amounts of money through loans.

3. The home office issued a statement to the general public for how to reduce the amount of international students coming here. Which would lead to even less university funding.

4. The new learning support fund only relates to certain needs directly related to essential education. No travel costs are being paid for under 18s. So theres no incentive to get them to study.

Cut military spending or mostly useless and reprehensible education. Ask whosoever pays, yes?

I think the taxpayer would value Defense over a History and Media graduate.

The people whose only incentive to study is EMA shouldn't be going to uni. Glorified benefit thieves.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending