The Student Room Group

Are guys intimidated by pretty girls?

Ive been told that I'm intimidating...told that im good looking (by guys) but im quite tall. I dont get approached that much...so just wanted to know if guys are intimidated by this type of girl? I feel like no one is that interested in me, and surely it cant be because of my height? im 5'10.
Reply 1
probably cos of your height. personally no.
(edited 13 years ago)
Reply 2
It might be your height, but hey, you're on the internet now. Boys on the internet don't care about height, they just want some interaction with the opposite sex. So you are officially an internet sex symbol.
Reply 3
Go out without your make-up on and see if you get approached?
Reply 4
I sure as hell am, but that's cos I lack confidence. It wouldn't be the height for me, I'm 6ft1 or something, but I guess shorter guys might be intimidated a bit.
Reply 5
I feel the same way as you OP. Im a down to earth person but most times mistaken for being snubbish and sometimes proud. Its an awful position to be in. Im 5'9 btw
(edited 13 years ago)
Reply 6
Being attractive doesn't make women intimidating, being intelligent does.

For me, anyway.
Reply 7
Yeah because you don't want to put a foot wrong!
Reply 8
Original post by fletchdd02
Yeah because you don't want to put a foot wrong!

explain :smile:
Reply 9
Giant!
I doubt it. It's probably just your height.
Reply 11
Original post by Anonymous
explain :smile:

If you're with a girl that is attractive and who you like then you want to do everything right. So it's intimidating because you know she's good so you don't think you're up to the challenge of ticking her boxes, even though most girls don't have boxes they want to be ticked they just want you to be normal!

Is that the case? :smile:
Original post by WarmEye
Giant!

Do you genuinley think 5'10 is that tall?
There's a girl in my year (year 12) who has just got a modelling contract by the sounds of it. She is about 6 feet tall and looks in her mid twenties, I must say it is quite intimidating talking to her :P
If a girl is unbelievably good looking, it isn't her looks that is intimidating...it's the realisation of having to bring your A-game and knowing that she'll have had a million or so guys that day alone who've checked her out to compare you to. That builds up the pressure quite a bit, it takes great confidence imo :yep:

It may be your height or could just be a vibe you're giving out that's pushing them away.
Reply 15
Kinda, if i get rejected the nervous intimidation turns to rage though and i lay the bitch out!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending