The Student Room Group

What possessed my brother to do this?

Please keep this anon for obvious reasons.

I was called last night at 3am after I enjoyed a fun night out at uni by my sister. She said my 15 year old brother was arrested on assumption of armed robbery and offence. And today there were witnesses who said he did it and charged him.

The weird thing is, my brother and I always had a good relationship, I always adviced him about girls, told him to stay off drugs and people who will influence him badly. And I wasn't like a mother/father person to him, he knew he could tell me things he couldn't tell our parents. Now I'm just wondering what on earth possessed him to rob someone and then put a knife to someones neck. His courtcase is on monday, and although I'm hoping he won't get a harsh sentence, I'm so infuriated right now that I hope he gets what he deserves for doing those things. But theres still someonething in the back of my head saying he didn't do these things...
Reply 1
Original post by Anonymous
Please keep this anon for obvious reasons.

I was called last night at 3am after I enjoyed a fun night out at uni by my sister. She said my 15 year old brother was arrested on assumption of armed robbery and offence. And today there were witnesses who said he did it and charged him.

The weird thing is, my brother and I always had a good relationship, I always adviced him about girls, told him to stay off drugs and people who will influence him badly. And I wasn't like a mother/father person to him, he knew he could tell me things he couldn't tell our parents. Now I'm just wondering what on earth possessed him to rob someone and then put a knife to someones neck. His courtcase is on monday, and although I'm hoping he won't get a harsh sentence, I'm so infuriated right now that I hope he gets what he deserves for doing those things. But theres still someonething in the back of my head saying he didn't do these things...

call him and talk to him.
Reply 2
Does he smoke cannabis?

Edit: I'm not taking the piss btw. I work for a mental health NHS trust, and have met people who have done what your brother did whilst being high from weed (and other drugs, but mainly cannabis).
(edited 13 years ago)
Reply 3
Original post by bewafa
Does he smoke cannabis?

Edit: I'm not taking the piss btw. I work for a mental health NHS trust, and have met people who have done what your brother did whilst being high from weed (and other drugs, but mainly cannabis).

:eek: you ever been high, seriously, those are some crazy assumptions, people who are high find it hard to get energy to do things, other than running. I mean it's a struggle just to stay awake sometimes. He was probably on E's or acid or coke or smack. but this entire outburst was probably fuelled by drugs, yh.
Reply 4
Original post by vijaygupta2
call him and talk to him.

He's in custody at the moment.
Reply 5
Hey guys, my sister just talked to him and my brother admitted he robbed a guy, but he had no weapon, and no weapon was found. But he's being charged because the witness said he put a knife to him (which isn't true) Is this allowed?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending