The Student Room Group

Should a "Freikorps" be established to suppress the protests

Scroll to see replies

Reply 40
We have the law to prosecute people who are violent. We do not need over-jealous trigger happy posh boys using the 'plight' of an already-over violent police force to justify their own thirst for violence. Greeting violence with disproportionate violence solves nothing and defeats all the principles for the advocation of returning violence in the first place. Besides, we already have our own Friekorp -style force - The Met Police, whose actions are dubious at best.

We have the right to protest and we have the right to prosecute those who turn violent, that is enough!
Original post by Oreon
We have the law to prosecute people who are violent. We do not need over-jealous trigger happy posh boys using the 'plight' of an already-over violent police force to justify their own thirst for violence. Greeting violence with disproportionate violence solves nothing and defeats all the principles for the advocation of returning violence in the first place. Besides, we already have our own Friekorp -style force - The Met Police, whose actions are dubious at best.

We have the right to protest and we have the right to prosecute those who turn violent, that is enough!

Posh Boys? I intend to recruit those, like me, who graft and pay taxes for a living.
You have as much right to protest sense as I have to squash chosen ignorance.
Original post by Excandersham
They are guilty of no crime.

Protesting is a right granted by the european union.

No person wants a state that allows no protesting.

maybe we should call it a protest against the protests then.
Original post by KingofSpades
Posh Boys? I intend to recruit those, like me, who graft and pay taxes for a living.

Hmm.

Protesting peacefully versus assault

Yeh i can see how you have that right.

And education squashes ignorance not violence.

Violence just breeds more violence.
(edited 13 years ago)
... those, like me, who graft and pay taxes for a living.

This sort of short-termism and obsession with the idea that the taxes one person pays should correspond exactly to what that one person lead to ridiculous conclusions. If it's the case that paying taxes is what qualifies you to receive money from taxes, we would never spend a single penny on education. Because kids don't pay taxes, right? What qualifies them to receive your tax money.

If you are unprepared for the money from your taxes to support others (in a way which, incidentally, is absolutely fundamental to our economy - what possible value does Britain have on the world stage which is not down to having an educated workforce? We certainly don't have natural resources or the ability to provide cheap manual labour...) then you can go ahead and establish a colony that consists of just you on a tiny island. Unfortunately for you, the way society works is that we provide for others who may not be able to repay us in the short term or even error.

For reference, before any complaints that I'm a spoilt student are raised, I have a full time job and pay a big ol' chunk of tax, precisely because I was able to get a good education.
Reply 45

the police will not tolerate vigilantes
Reply 46
If I was a protestor, no matter what I was protesting about or how strongly I felt, if I saw one of my fellow protestors urinating on Winston Churchill or swinging off the Cenotaph, I would have battered them.
malnourished "arts for the sake of art" graduates

Lulz.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending