The Student Room Group

Are you experienced? Lucid Dreaming

Scroll to see replies

Aaahhhh lucid dreams. I even end up flying or ****ing (Y)
Reply 61
Original post by jismith1989
Petrificus Totalus? Who the hell learns bloody Harry Potter dog Latin? :biggrin:

(Mind, speaking from experience, learning classical Latin is perhaps only marginally less pitiable. :rolleyes:)

For some odd reason after I woke up, it seemed more logical to use those words than "my body went rigid". Odd.

Original post by LonelyCenturion
Telekinesis is perhaps one of the most fun aspects of lucid dreams. Mainly just throwing cars around or using it in self defence if there's any hostile dream characters.

My first ever lucid dream was the most amazing experience of my life. Just waking up in your dream knowing you're inside your own mind and still in bed, yet you exist in another reality is amazing.

One thing to look out for in dreams is the sky. It tends to change colour and have different patterns, some are just awe inspiringly beautiful.

I haven't done telekinesis before! I'll make sure to try it next time...whenever that'll be. I have no idea how to call lucid dreams on demand.

They sky is indeed amazing. Flying over broad green landscapes is one of my favourite pastimes.

Original post by r3l4x3d
I have two words of advice for them.

Fresh. Air.

I leave my window open, thanks!
Original post by channy
I just woke up from a lucid dream. That is to say, I made myself wake up.

Waking myself is possible once I realise I'm lucid dreaming. It's like wrenching yourself out of a really thick liquid, a heavy head stuck in tar.

When I was going to sleep at around 3 AM, I knew I was going to have a lucid dream. I just knew it. It's hard to explain. It's similar to the feeling when you're in a car, and you know it's going to stop before the red light, so you tense your upper body slightly backwards anticipating the leaning forward momentum you experience when you slow down. It's the same when you lean forward when you expect the car to speed up - but sometimes it doesn't, so you're sat there leaning forward going "hey why isn't the car -", lurch.

It's a sense of feeling that you come to recognise, and results in a set response. It's quite odd, but it's happened many times before, and this time I guess I'm here to see if others share the same experience.

I'm going to try to explain the process again, even if it's just for my sake.

So I'm in bed, trying to get to sleep. I'm dozing, falling into. But to reiterate, I don't realise I'm truly asleep until I'm actually dreaming, or until I realise that I'm dreaming. But it comes back to this; I know I'm going to have a lucid dream before I fall "truly" asleep and start dreaming, but it seems like I only know I'm dreaming until I lucidly dream.

Hm...well. I have definitely come to know when I'm going to have a lucid dream. One of the signs is a kind of "rigid" body, like I'm stuck in a Petrificus Totalus. I believe this feeling comes before I actually start dreaming.

Well, after this and that, and when I actually end up in the dream (today it was an old Victorian house), obviously I can do what ever I want. I can't change the setting of the dream (I'm not an architect), I usually just fly over landscapes.

Today I walked through walls. It's an odd feeling; like the moment when you fall back, knowing there's someone there to catch you, but you just can't be damned sure if they are... I didn't get to fly today, I just levitated. Wonder if is a sign of being a ghost in my dream. That's scary...or maybe I was just too lazy to walk? I may have even "teleported", or that could just the dream moving around.

Anyway, with today's lucid dreaming, there were other people. They act like how they would act in real life, but if, for example I wanted someone to come with me outside, I can make them.

It's odd.

OH ****

I forgot. I can touch things in dreams, and it actually feels like I'm touching something with my real hand, it's something I usually have to concentrate on. It's really weird; I move my arm to touch something. I think I see my arm touching something, but I have to concentrate to make it actually feel like I'm touching something, physically feel like.

Aaaanyway, hopefully there will be others to talk with about this.

Good night.

P.S. inb4 nazi grammar.
P.P.S if anyone wants to try and interpret my dream, feel free to do so, I'm a pretty ****ed up person.
P.P.P.S I've been doing this before that film came out.

i had a dream that completely changed my perspective of one person i know, i think someone did a inception on me. It was a normal lucid dream, me being a captain of a made up starship, but this person is suddenly a new member of the crew which is not normal, she's the first person to be in my crew from reality. the other crew members are made up
Reply 63
Original post by Diabolic99
I haven't been to another realm as well but these past few weeks have been extraordinary. It's as though my mind/soul is detached from my body. It had happened last Wednesday. Basically I was in my lesson sitting back relaxed. Halfway into the lesson I saw a bright light and I got a slight tingly feeling. That's when it happened. I was behind the classroom looking down on my class. I swear to you I could hear everything my class was saying and I could also see myself sitting on the table. I then flew to other classes to check what they were doing. When I came back into my physical body I was really disturbed. I literally missed two days off school because I had no idea what was going on. The thing that actually shocked me was before this I had no idea what Astral Projection was. The only person I've told is my mum and she doesn't seem to believe me although If it had happened to anybody else I wouldn't have believed them as well.

Sounds amazing man. I actually believe you.
Original post by looking
cool!!!! can you bring jessica alba into the dream and get it on? Or does it not work like that? If I was you I would be sleeping 16hours a day lol

Yes it does, done that before.
Reply 65
I've been Lucid Dreaming for about 4 years now and yep, Inception pissed the hell out of me.
I have had a small number of lucid dream. There was one that I know was fun, but don't remember - it had something to do with giving myself superpowers. I didn't try and remember - when in the dream I just thought to myself that I must remember this one fact; 'dreams are as real as the real world'. It looked and felt absolutely as real as the real world. There was no distinction - except for the fact I was omnipotent, of course.

Original post by azhao
I've been Lucid Dreaming for about 4 years now and yep, Inception pissed the hell out of me.

Why did Inception piss you off?
Original post by Miss Behaving
That sounds F*cking amazing!!!! I wish I had dreams :frown:

Everybody has dreams during REM sleep, it's just a matter of whether you can remember them or not. If you really don't you should get it checked out.
Reply 68

What's up with you?
Original post by channy
What's up with you?
You can't please all of the people all of the time (so there's no need to send passive-aggressive PMs). :wink:
Reply 70
You can't please all of the people all of the time (so there's no need to send passive-aggressive PMs). :wink:

That's got to be one of the most random things... Would it have been better if I put a smiley like this? :smile:

Baffling.
Haha, we had a similar discussion last night after watching Inception while really ****ing stoned. We came to the conclusion that it's possible to "kick" yourself while lucid dreaming.

For example, I used to be able to/can put myself into a dream where I was riding a little tricycle around the patio at my old old house, and then when I fell off (inevitable; might be drawing that dream from a memory but I can't consciously remember it) I'd wake up with a jolt.

It's awesome.
I have had maybe 2 lucid dreams in my life, but also I have these weird times when, as I'm falling asleep, I see really weird colours and hear music or voices or random noises as If I'm hearing them inside my head, but I'm still awake.
I find lucid dreams fascinating, and I really wish I could do it at will, but I'm absolutely terrified of sleep paralysis : /
Does anyone know how t increase the likelyhood of them? x
I think I've had one. I'm not sure. But I'm not very clued up on the technical dream terms. But I'll explain it, and hopefully someone can tell me.
Basically it's unlike any dream I've had before. I was lying on my back in bed, exactly where my physical body was at the time, in fact I had just "woke up" and there was a figure moving towards me. And it was sooooo scary, normally in dreams you're not actually scared, you just think you're scared, (well for me that is) but this time I wanted to scream, I tried to open my mouth but I couldn't and I couldn't move (I physically couldn't not just like the stuff in normal dreams) and then I woke up.. not sure if i open my eyes or not, but I was exactly where I had been in the dream again. My heart was pumping mad and I was still scared to move.

Or was this just a plain old normal nightmare?
(edited 13 years ago)
Reply 74
ohhh i love realising it is a dream has only happened to me a few times and it was years ago normally i end up trying to have sex as many times as possible before i wake up lol........ but the frst time it happened i was all "lol this is a dream i can't die" and i happened to be next to a cliff with rocks and the sea below and i kept jumping off it hitting the bottom and teleporting back to the top
Original post by Obadetona
Everybody has dreams during REM sleep, it's just a matter of whether you can remember them or not. If you really don't you should get it checked out.

Whats REM sleep?
Reply 76
The last time one of my dreams became lucid, I said to myself, "This is a dream".

I woke up before I could do anything. I don't remember what happened just before it, but the dream seemed pretty realistic. But of a shame tbf. I can't remember my last lucid dream before that one.
(edited 13 years ago)
Reply 77
Original post by SoulfulBoy
Feeling it...cumming inside yourself? :rolleyes: Sexy, I guess.

:colone:
Reply 78
Original post by Miss Behaving
Whats REM sleep?

Rapid eye movement sleep :smile:.
I can sometimes feel my eyes wizzing around in their sockets when I'm dreaming.
Reply 79
I Used to pratice lucid dreaming and activitly try and have them by using certain techniques and stuff =), best thing i've ever tryed to do. I had around 10 lucid dreams

Reasons why they're amazing
-You can fly
-You can have sex (never tried it, heard other have and its kinda life like)
-It feels incredibly real
-No social laws to abided too
-It can be a spirtual exprience
-You can see your dead friends/family (ofcourse they're not real)
-You can do thing you can never do in the real world

And much more

... I need to get back into but being a A2 student i have very little time to try and do it :colondollar:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending