The Student Room Group

Cher and Cheryl ?? & white people acting black?

Why do people seem to care so much and are so heavily influenced by Cher and Cheryl?? I've seen a couple of threads that mention things they have said or done.... In london (well where I live anyway) no one really cares because there are tons of crazy white people running around thinking they are black... if you are one of these people why do u do it??

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Original post by meatzaper
Why do people seem to care so much and are so heavily influenced by Cher and Cheryl?? I've seen a couple of threads that mention things they have said or done.... In london (well where I live anyway) no one really cares because there are tons of crazy white people running around thinking they are black... if you are one of these people why do u do it??

LOL which part of London is this?
Becoz it's cool init blood.

On a serious note, you're being very prejudice. It's not really "white people acting black" it's more of a culture that people grow into. The difference is there's always been cliché of black people being "All gangsta n' shizzle". Of course, there's no fuss when black people act the cliché of white people (Or middle class, if you will). It's not a race/ethnic thing, it's a culture thing and frankly, the sooner everyone realises that the better. For example, I'm from a middle class background and most people I know, weather they're white, brown or black are middle class and thus act that way.
:facepalm: lol...
Reply 4
Cher doesn't act black; she is just simply a dickhead.
Original post by Jingers

Haha, I like Cher but that made me laugh.
Reply 6
:lolwut: I don't think they do that.
Reply 7
:facepalm2:
Reply 8
is she a chav??
Reply 9
I'm a crazy white person but I don't think about the colour of my skin.
Reply 10
Original post by SimplyBruno
Becoz it's cool init blood.

On a serious note, you're being very prejudice. It's not really "white people acting black" it's more of a culture that people grow into. The difference is there's always been cliché of black people being "All gangsta n' shizzle". Of course, there's no fuss when black people act the cliché of white people (Or middle class, if you will). It's not a race/ethnic thing, it's a culture thing and frankly, the sooner everyone realises that the better. For example, I'm from a middle class background and most people I know, weather they're white, brown or black are middle class and thus act that way.

Brown? o.0
OP, stfu.
"white people acting black"? Please define this, I'm interested...
Reply 12
Original post by Jingers

Lol, I think so too but I kind of felt sorry for her today although I shouldnt she's gona be popular I think :/
Original post by jingers
cher doesn't act black; she is just simply a dickhead.

all hail jingers.
Reply 14
Original post by oh-sugarrr
Lol, I think so too but I kind of felt sorry for her today although I shouldnt she's gona be popular I think :/

Cher was 100% sure she was going out today (she said that in the press conference). That's why she was acting all graceful and upbeat about it.

(really glad she is gone :grin:)
guns, street crime and now CHER!? damn those pesky blacks.

(im joking. obviously)
Reply 16
All I can say is... finally.
Reply 17
Why does everyone hate Cher? She's alright, can actually sing (when she doesn't try and rap)
Original post by katyness
Brown? o.0

indian/paki . the one which fall under the brown skin category. ya'dig bruv?
Original post by Jingers

This! :laugh:

On a slightly off topic note, I'm so happy I don't have to listen to her 'rapping' anymore!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending