The Student Room Group

Geek Up!

Hey Guys!

I've been told by my tutor that I need to be an out and proud geek. Ermm... how? Apparently I act embarrassed by my Maths skills, which I think suck, but she obviously thinks are amazing. I'm training to be a Maths teacher, so I guess I need the confidence to come from my Maths skills.

Anyone got any ideas on how to improve confidence? Or how to embrace my inner geek?!

Thanks

p.s. background info: my boyfriend's an engineer, I did my degree in Biomed, I play the Sims, I have a filofax, and I'm regularly on this website... I really don't know how I can be more of a geek!?
Reply 1
I think you may be taking your tutor a little too literally. She's trying to say that you shouldn't put yourself down and that you should feel proud of your maths skills, not that you should start watching Star Wars and wearing horn-rimmed glasses.
Subtract your clothes and divide your legs. Let's multiply. :yes:
Reply 4
I was told by my tutor to be more of a rebel. Like thats going to happen. Anyway just try to be more confident in what you do, I suppose like believe that what you have worked out is right and stuff.
Original post by Tabers
I was told by my tutor to be more of a rebel. Like thats going to happen. Anyway just try to be more confident in what you do, I suppose like believe that what you have worked out is right and stuff.

Although she is training to be a Maths teacher. Rebellion will already come from pupils. :tongue:
Reply 6
Original post by linkdapink
Hey Guys!

I've been told by my tutor that I need to be an out and proud geek. Ermm... how? Apparently I act embarrassed by my Maths skills, which I think suck, but she obviously thinks are amazing. I'm training to be a Maths teacher, so I guess I need the confidence to come from my Maths skills.

Anyone got any ideas on how to improve confidence? Or how to embrace my inner geek?!

Thanks

p.s. background info: my boyfriend's an engineer, I did my degree in Biomed, I play the Sims, I have a filofax, and I'm regularly on this website... I really don't know how I can be more of a geek!?
Nullifies you being a geek cus it's pap also two words that don't relate whatsoever.
Reply 7
Hey Guys!

Thanks

Sims!!!! How I love that game ^^ Do you play Sims 3 or 2?
Reply 8
Original post by katyness
Sims!!!! How I love that game ^^ Do you play Sims 3 or 2?

Sims 3! Though in my time I've had them all! Every expansion pack!
Sims 3! Though in my time I've had them all! Every expansion pack!

oooh *joins in sims fest* :biggrin:
sims3 is amazing! all the details means I'm physically exhausted by the time I design the family and their houses ^^

To hark back to the original topic: maybe start telling geeky maths jokes that only true geeks would appreciate?
Reply 10
Original post by CountDuckula
oooh *joins in sims fest* :biggrin:
sims3 is amazing! all the details means I'm physically exhausted by the time I design the family and their houses ^^

Do you have the expansion packs? I've Ambitions but it doesnt work with World Adventures on my laptop and now Im dreading to by Late Night :/
I'd tan your theta
Reply 12
Do you have the expansion packs? I've Ambitions but it doesnt work with World Adventures on my laptop and now Im dreading to by Late Night :/

I have them all! I'm not too much of a fan of Late Night though... its more like looking after a single sim, and I like familes and stuff. The only good thing are the Vampires!

I've played World Adventures but still haven't got Ambitions yet! I'm trying to wean myself off sims3 (unsuccessfully :tongue:) who knew it took up so much time running other peoples lives?
oooh late night? is that just another version of sims2 nightlife then? :smile:
Reply 14
Original post by CountDuckula
I've played World Adventures but still haven't got Ambitions yet! I'm trying to wean myself off sims3 (unsuccessfully :tongue:) who knew it took up so much time running other peoples lives?
oooh late night? is that just another version of sims2 nightlife then? :smile:

I dont know, I ddidnt have the expansion packs for Sims2 :/ my friend completely loves it and it's making me jealous!!!

I have them all! I'm not too much of a fan of Late Night though... its more like looking after a single sim, and I like familes and stuff. The only good thing are the Vampires!

Yea, I get what you mean. I think I'll enjoy it because sometimes Im really in a mood to get meaningless sex and sometimes I want to settle down :smile: I lurve me some sims :biggrin:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending