The Student Room Group

Misfits

Scroll to see replies

Reply 380
Original post by Ape Gone Insane
I do hope we see some sort of more development of his power. So far have Simon's superaim (episode 1 and the tossing a nuts episode). Maybe even an explanation as to how he managed to travel back in time in the first place.

:iiam:

I'm wondering if there will be more development to everyone's powers...there's the theory that Alisha can only touch her true love without them being affected. Perhaps there is more to Curtis's power, maybe that has something to do with Simon going back in time?
I can't think how the other powers could further develop though
Original post by hobo06
I'm wondering if there will be more development to everyone's powers...there's the theory that Alisha can only touch her true love without them being affected. Perhaps there is more to Curtis's power, maybe that has something to do with Simon going back in time?
I can't think how the other powers could further develop though

Maybe Curtis' power develops to the extent he can take people to the past with him. And then maybe it develops to the extent where he can transport someone to the past without going with them.

That is how these powers usually develop in similar programs.
Although that doesn't explain how invisibility grants Simon a brand new power - super-aim.
Reply 383
Nathan looks like Harry from One Direction :ahee:
Original post by Ape Gone Insane
Although that doesn't explain how invisibility grants Simon a brand new power - super-aim.

I thoughyt that bit wasv just a cheesy skill :dontknow:
Original post by I'mNewHere

It's a power. :yep:
(edited 13 years ago)
Reply 387
On several occasions I've seen characters touch Alisha and not get attracted to her :/ damn bloopers!

I'm quite interested to how this paradox works out with Simon and Alisha, since well. Simon's dead! If he went back in time, what happens to his future self? Does he just... stay there? Maybe he makes a clone of himself to send back? And if Alisha died in the past, which Simon tried to stop, why is Simon in love with her? How does he know all about the clocks and the time?

My theory is that the "Player" (Not sure about his name) was sent back in time (Terminator style!) and Simon has gone in the past over and over again to try and stop Alisha dying, hence why he has all the timings on the clocks and everything. Stalking everyone from afar and remembering things from his own past. But then why would the Player not... Oh I'm just rambling.

I can't wait to see how it plays out :biggrin: Even if it probably won't be explained to next series :frown:
Original post by I'mNewHere

He shows super-aim when he...

Spoiler

Original post by ape gone insane

Original post by ape gone insane

me me me pick me!!!!!!!
Reply 390
Does anyone know what's the name of the song, which has been played at the Fancy Dress Party?

EDIT: Found it. It's Evil Nine Stay Up. :smile:
(edited 13 years ago)
Original post by greeneyedgirl
me me me pick me!!!!!!!

Welcome aboard, Deputy. :teehee:
Reply 392
Original post by K the Failure
He shows super-aim when he...

Spoiler

The weird thing is though, as future Simon we never see him turn invisible, only this super aim and all the jumping and running around he does. We don't know whether he/they actually still have their powers in the future. But as present Simon, he also seems to have the super aim (at the tattoo bit) but none of the running and jumping.
And super aim is just a really random thing, doesn't fit with invisibility at all.
Original post by hobo06
The weird thing is though, as future Simon we never see him turn invisible, only this super aim and all the jumping and running around he does. We don't know whether he/they actually still have their powers in the future. But as present Simon, he also seems to have the super aim (at the tattoo bit) but none of the running and jumping.
And super aim is just a really random thing, doesn't fit with invisibility at all.

I still say he traded invisiblity for Curtis' time travel power. And super aim is just a coincidence.
Hmm....

... i still think the "super-aim" is a parody of the comic superhero style i.e. meant to be cheesy.

part of me kinda wishes that their powers do develop (like in Heroes; the only interesting bit about that show to be honest). what i want to know is how Nathan can see dead people. that seems a bit :lolwut:

NERD FEST: my friends and I were discussing what "misfit" style powers we would have, based on our personalities, and i can apparently "heal" with one hand and cause "pain" with the other :teehee: :colone:
(edited 13 years ago)
Original post by spacepirate-James

NERD FEST: my friends and I were discussing what "misfit" style powers we would have, based on our personalities, and i can apparently "heal" with one hand and cause "pain" with the other :teehee: :colone:

Personally I reckoned I would be a Phantom: people ignore me unless I draw attention to myself (basically a poor man's invisibility knock off), maybe walk through walls. Developing possession later on.
Original post by spacepirate-James

part of me kinda wishes that their powers do develop (like in Heroes; the only interesting bit about that show to be honest). what i want to know is how Nathan can see dead people. that seems a bit :lolwut:

Probably because he has been dead many times and hence is more susceptible to seeing the dead.

Or maybe his power renders him half-dead/half-alive being able to exist as both.
Reply 397
Wasn't seeing dead people only temporary due to the drugs? Everyone's powers had opposite effects
Original post by hobo06
Wasn't seeing dead people only temporary due to the drugs? Everyone's powers had opposite effects

nah. nathan saw the "hippie" guy in a couple episodes later.
Original post by hobo06

No. His opposite effect was mortality/vulnerability hence why Simon saved him.

Quick Reply

Latest