The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

It's not really suprising tbh. As someone else said, it's natural to feel like that and i'm sure that most people would feel uncomfortable with being a minority in their own country. If the poll said 73% of British people hate ethnic minorities then i'd be suprised. I doubt Whites ever will be a minority here though, so i don't think people need to get too upset.
Reply 141
OP you are the very definition of a liberal douche who we would all love to throw a rock at
Reply 142
Original post by Glowy Amoeba
As long as the UK is not governed by religious people of any kind I wouldn't really care to be a minority. Demographics is not something that can be stopped, even with strict immigration laws.

Agreed that's why we need to condem any of this ethnic british nonsense as it's obvious that ethnic minorities are growing larger and larger in this country. :smile:

A mixed raced Britain is a call for celebration not condemnation!
Reply 143
Original post by OmegaSeamaster
I'm not sure it is a human nature thing.

I'm mixed race so perhaps that's why I can't understand but I really don't think it would make any odds to me what the ethnic demographic was. As long as Britain remains a liberal democracy that is run by the rule of law i'll be perfectly happy.

Race has nothing to do with it, because the same would happen if British became the minority in their own country to white Russians, Poles, Swedes, or Germans.

It's human nature, because people don't like having their country/territory taken over by foreigners. I'm not complaining about immigration here now, but if it increased to the extent that white British people became the minority of their own country it would not be good.

If Britain becomes a mixed race nation, I'm fine with that. As long as the British culture doesn't die out if/when it happens.

I'll probably be dead by then, so idk why I care.
(edited 13 years ago)
Original post by No Man
but if it increased to the extent that white British people became the minority of their own country it would not be good.

If Britain becomes a mixed race nation, I'm fine with that.

Erm so do you like it or not like it?

Because regardless of what you think it's going to happen anyway, infact the whole of western europe will become like that (not just Britain) at least first before the rest of the world does.
Reply 145
Original post by No Man
I'm not complaining about immigration here now, but if it increased to the extent that white British people became the minority of their own country it would not be good.

Of course it would good. We are all human and of the same race. You should have your politics defined by John Lennon a bit more.
Original post by effofex
One question:

What about Emiratis?

Don't ever use the Middle East as an example of tolerance.

.... besides in the UAE, the mentality goes like this: White people (I.E. People with Western Passports) ---> Natives ---> Arabs ----------------------------------------------------------> "Scum of the earth" (Asian slaves.) Last time I went to Oman, I heard that if you hit a camel with your car, you get more in trouble than if you hit a worker. :ninja:
Reply 147
Original post by Gnobe
Of course it would good. We are all human and of the same race. You should have your politics defined by John Lennon a bit more.

I mean it would not be good because most natives wouldn't tolerate it etc (the low tolerance is bad enough as it is in some places), I'm not saying I'd have a problem with it, because I've moved a lot.
Reply 148
Original post by Wichu
If it did become a white minority state, surely the percentage of unhappy people would therefore drop under 50% (unless some non-whites are unhappy with being in the majority?).

This is a very good point (Y).
EMZ=]
Original post by No Man
Race has nothing to do with it, because the same would happen if British became the minority in their own country to white Russians, Poles, Swedes, or Germans.

It's human nature, because people don't like having their country/territory taken over by foreigners. I'm not complaining about immigration here now, but if it increased to the extent that white British people became the minority of their own country it would not be good.

If Britain becomes a mixed race nation, I'm fine with that. As long as the British culture doesn't die out if/when it happens.

Yes but are you white though ?
Reply 150
Original post by No Man

British culture won't "die out", rather it will "evolve" (suppose that is as good as dead to white nationalists!)
It is very natural this would happen, although i doubt it will considering the inconsistency of migration statistics and a changing world. To be honest, when looking toward the future, race should really be the least of our concerns. IMO, as economic power shifts further east, migration will be more focused on those regions than in the western world. Furthermore, I expect there to be a changing attitude more toward global citizenship than to nation states. That said, it could very well be the reverse, as a rise of nationalism indicates.
Reply 152
Original post by effofex
What about Emiratis? They are a minority in their own country - and by the looks of things, they don't seem to be throwing up too much of a fuss at all!

that could be something to do with the monies! If the white british underclass had monies and resources, they'd be less vocal in their crusade against "foreigners"
Reply 153
I've been advocating for a while to get rid of nation states and to have a world central government.

Nationalism is so pointless, really is.
God, why can't people see through skin colour?
Reply 155
Original post by BambieWambie
God, why can't people see through skin colour?

We will if we let more people in so this country can dissolve. REMOVE THE IMMIGRATION CAP.
Reply 156
Well there must be some sort of control in terms of people coming into the country already, although that isn't doing a very good job. I'm not one for an immigration cap anyway, because the U.K shouldn't put up a drawbrigde.

If Britain became a white minority state, I personally wouldn't mind it, (I'm mixed race) if all it was was just race. The moment it brings with it segregation and the loss of british culture, then I'd be against it. I really don't think such a thing would happen though.
Reply 157
Original post by effofex

Original post by effofex
One question:

What about Emiratis?

Have you asked what Emiratis feel? Being a minority is not nice, going out and feeling like you are the stranger in your own home country is definitely something to be unhappy over.
Reply 158
Original post by ma3arf
Have you asked what Emiratis feel? Being a minority is not nice, going out and feeling like you are the stranger in your own home country is definitely something to be unhappy over.

How come no Emiratis have revolted against the situation? How come no foreigners' properties have been torched? How come influential men such as Sheikh Muhammad Ibn Rashid Al-Makhtoum have not enforced mass deportations of foreigners? Maybe their newfound prosperity leads them to not care about the demographic shifts?
Original post by No Man
I'm sure The Japanese, Chinese, Nigerians, Arabs, Koreans, and Hispanics would also be unhappy if they became the minority race in their countries.

It's not racist. It's how the human race works.

Erm aren't most Hispanics of Spanish/European descent? How much of the hispanic population in South American if of native origin?

Also the countries you mentioned aren't ethnically diverse or multi-cultural on the same scale as Britain and the USA.

I think the point here is that the 73% of "British Whites" who voted think that their civil rights and liberties would be diminished if they were to be in a minority which I think is justifiable fear even though it wouldn't be the case.

Latest

Trending

Trending