The Student Room Group

Does the NHS subsidise tuition fees in later years?

My course is 6 years long, and I vaguely remember someone saying that the NHS subsidise the cost after the 3rd year, i.e the clinical attachments.

is any of this true

thanks
Reply 1
After year 4 the NHS subsidise your tuition fees.
Reply 2
I think they should only subsidise it if you plan to work within the NHS.
Reply 3
Original post by Beska
After year 4 the NHS subsidise your tuition fees.

I'm not betting on this being in place when I reach year 5, what with all the spending cuts going on :frown:
Reply 4
Original post by Lu-x
I'm not betting on this being in place when I reach year 5, what with all the spending cuts going on :frown:

Yeh it's really worrying. I am hoping that they will honour it for the 2011 cohort (i.e. me :colone:) and then cut it afterwards, if they are at all.
Reply 5
Original post by bewafa

But what you think isn't really relevant to what happens...

From your fifth year of study onwards the NHS currently pays tuition fees.
Original post by bewafa

very hard not to.
Rather few people do medical degree here then leave without any time in NHS.
And those that do tend to be from outside EU ergo not going to get subsidised anyway
Reply 7
Original post by bewafa

Original post by bewafa

I think governments should introduce underfloor heating for pavements in all built-up areas.

Hey! Maybe we should create a thread for all of our irrelevant thoughts!
Reply 8
Original post by Phalanges
I think governments should introduce underfloor heating for pavements in all built-up areas.

Hey! Maybe we should create a thread for all of our irrelevant thoughts!

Thatcher pioneered 'Rent a Spine', maybe we could fund the brilliant new start up company: 'Rent a Brain', - impress your friends with someone elses' intelligent thoughts!
Reply 9
Original post by Wangers

Original post by Wangers
Thatcher pioneered 'Rent a Spine', maybe we could fund the brilliant new start up company: 'Rent a Brain', - impress your friends with someone elses' intelligent thoughts!

Would we be able to retrospectively charge all public figures, or could our billing only come in from the time the company formed?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending