The Student Room Group

Glasgow Medicine Applicants 2011

Scroll to see replies

Reply 440
Original post by chemistrygod2315
Nice A level choices, pretty much same as mine.
My interview in a few Days. Going into overdrive with prep!!!

Ahh cool cool ! Good luck mate ! I hope everything works out for you :smile:
Reply 441
Original post by SophiaMaria
Hey :biggrin: how have everyone's interviews gone this week, if you made them?
x

mine went pretty Well i thought
Reply 442
does anyone know the earliest you can find out the outcome after an interview?
How come it's only English applicants getting interviews?

Scottish applicants should come first. :cry2:
Reply 444
Original post by dmz
does anyone know the earliest you can find out the outcome after an interview?

March
Reply 445
Original post by ZombieCharge

just a theory but people living in Scotland are less likely to not be able to make a date seeing as then live closer. What's your ukcat?
Reply 446
Original post by haleem
March

Damn. Was so much praying that wouldn't ke true
Original post by ZombieCharge

It's not. I'm Scottish and have an interview on the 14th and other Scots have had interviews/invites so that's your theory blown out of the water! :tongue:
Reply 448
Hey people ! I was wondering was there a tour of the university after the interview or before ? Or was there a tour at all ? How was the day structured ?
Original post by G550NDH
Hey people ! I was wondering was there a tour of the university after the interview or before ? Or was there a tour at all ? How was the day structured ?

There was no tour. I got in like an hour early. They hadn't yet warmed up their photocopier so I left my birth certificate with them. They called me in 15 mins early because we were all ready to begin. After it, I got changed in the toilets and went home. Its a beautiful building and I loveeed it!! :biggrin:

And oh guys!! At the end they said well of course you have to wait until March... that's one downside of having "Baker" as your surname. They do the top 800 above the ukcat cut off in alphabetical order!
Original post by laurencebaker1
There was no tour. I got in like an hour early. They hadn't yet warmed up their photocopier so I left my birth certificate with them. They called me in 15 mins early because we were all ready to begin. After it, I got changed in the toilets and went home. Its a beautiful building and I loveeed it!! :biggrin:

And oh guys!! At the end they said well of course you have to wait until March... that's one downside of having "Baker" as your surname. They do the top 800 above the ukcat cut off in alphabetical order!

Did you feel that it went well? I've got mine on Tuesday and expecting a grilling. Thanks for the info at the end. My surname starts with D so that's why earlyish interview and long wait until March. Just need to forget all about it afterwards and get on with other stuff. :tongue:
(edited 13 years ago)
Reply 451
Original post by laurencebaker1

ahh cool cool ! Thank you very much ! I was just wondering what exam certificates did you bring ?
GCSE , AS only ?
Reply 452
Original post by G550NDH
ahh cool cool ! Thank you very much ! I was just wondering what exam certificates did you bring ?
GCSE , AS only ?

i only brought my four a levels and general study. They didn't need anything else
Reply 453
Original post by dmz
i only brought my four a levels and general study. They didn't need anything else

Not GCSE's ??
Original post by sweetchilli
Did you feel that it went well? I've got mine on Tuesday and expecting a grilling. Thanks for the info at the end. My surname starts with D so that's why earlyish interview and long wait until March. Just need to forget all about it afterwards and get on with other stuff. :tongue:

I won't disclose what they asked me but I will say that they're extremely lovely people and Glasgow's very lovely. You'll be my friend in September, don't you worry! I think it did... I'll tell you in March. I came out and hugged my dad and he was like... "soo?" and I was like "wooo". They asked the awkward questions that I'd prepared for so (Y) :smile:

Original post by G550NDH
GCSE , AS only ?

Just your GCSEs, mate. Good luck! I don't have any AS certificates but I brought my OU certificate for a short course I did and I'm not sure if they took much notice of that.
Reply 455
Original post by G550NDH
Not GCSE's ??

nope, or my extended project. But I've finished a levels
Reply 456
Have any international applicants living outside the UK received their interview letters yet? D:

My surname starts with a C... So I guess I have to wait for quite a while?

Btw, does anyone know the UKCAT cutoff this year?
I just phoned admissions and they said that interviews are not allocated in alphabetical order, they are randomly allocated from their database. And the latest you could hear would be mid-March! Happy days :smile:
Reply 458
Original post by SophiaMaria
I just phoned admissions and they said that interviews are not allocated in alphabetical order, they are randomly allocated from their database. And the latest you could hear would be mid-March! Happy days :smile:

Wow. You're aiming for all scottish unis =P

Did they happen to mention the cutoff score this year?
Original post by Vulpes
Wow. You're aiming for all scottish unis =P

Did they happen to mention the cutoff score this year?

Yep, free tuition fees all the way :biggrin:
Nope, they didn't you should phone up and ask :smile: they're really helpful. Do you want their number?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending