Economics Applicants 2011 Discussion Thread

Scroll to see replies

All 5 offers
Birmingham AAB
York AAB
Lancaster AAB
Leicester ABB
Reading BBB
Hey guys, was just wondering if anyone had got an email from bath saying they won't give you a reply until after the January 15th deadline? ii just seems like a really weird email to send out?!
Reply 262
Original post by lemonade789
Hey guys, was just wondering if anyone had got an email from bath saying they won't give you a reply until after the January 15th deadline? ii just seems like a really weird email to send out?!

yuppppp, sucks don't it:frown:
Original post by Hxu
yuppppp, sucks don't it:frown:

at least it changes from the rejections :tongue: where else have you applied?
Original post by shes.a.diva
All 5 offers
Birmingham AAB
York AAB
Lancaster AAB
Leicester ABB
Reading BBB

thats soo good! when did you send it off? Birminghams my first choice but i haven't heard back from them yet!
Reply 265
at least it changes from the rejections :tongue: where else have you applied?

Ummmm LSE, warwick, nottingham and york!, how bout you?
i havent heard anything from birmingham at all and i applied in september. :/
starting to worry.
Original post by Laura-alice26
starting to worry.

Wouldn't worry if I were you. I didn't even get an acknowledgement but got an offer on Friday.
Reply 268
Original post by Laura-alice26
starting to worry.

last year i applied in early oct, didnt get an offer til late jan - don't worry.
Original post by i.love.heroes
thats soo good! when did you send it off? Birminghams my first choice but i haven't heard back from them yet!

thanks :smile: sent it off on 4th nov i think :smile: where else have you applied and what are your subjects/grades?
Original post by Hxu
Ummmm LSE, warwick, nottingham and york!, how bout you?

LSE, Warwick and Bath, been rejected from UCL and Cambridge. What are your GSCEs and AS like?
Reply 271
LSE, Warwick and Bath, been rejected from UCL and Cambridge. What are your GSCEs and AS like?

umm they're ok
GCSE: 5a*, 5a
A level predicted AAAB (school don't predict a*'s) in maths, further maths, physics and history. Completed economics a level early , got an A in that.

How bout you?
thanks :smile: sent it off on 4th nov i think :smile: where else have you applied and what are your subjects/grades?

i applied to nottingham, ucl, sheffield and liverpool :smile:
my grades are 7A*s 3 A's gcse and a B :|
and this year AAAAB
i really want to go to birmingham or ucl !!!!!!!!
Reply 273
Original post by i.love.heroes
i applied to nottingham, ucl, sheffield and liverpool :smile:
my grades are 7A*s 3 A's gcse and a B :|
and this year AAAAB
i really want to go to birmingham or ucl !!!!!!!!

You will get Birmingham.
Reply 274
All 5 offers
Birmingham AAB
York AAB
Lancaster AAB
Leicester ABB
Reading BBB

Well done, what is your firm and back up?
Reply 275
Original post by Mr_Deeds
This is a thread for prospective Economics students to discuss anything relevant to their application for the 2010/2011 admissions cycle.

Successful candidates may wish to post the conditions and details of their offer(s) in the Economics Applicants 2011 Offer Thread.

Good luck everyone!

http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/show...5#post28941245

I have come up with a thread that:
i) Allows this set of applicants to see what their competition is like, so they don't have to ask for each others grades so often they can simply input the data and find their type of competition.
ii) Next years applicants can gain an estimate on how good a applicant they are based on what type of people got offers with these grades and what kind of people did get offers with them grades etc.

I was then wondering if you could edit your OP and input this link in.
Thanks
SPMS
Original post by wag1bgirl
hey guys, just wanted to let everyone know my position:

Oxford: Interview
UCL: Offer
LSE: Offer
Bristol: Offer
Birmingham: Still Waiting

SOOoooooo happy :biggrin:D

Grades if you wouldnt mind incl. GCSEs
Reply 277

What do you mean you've been rejected from Cambridge? They said they would only let us know on the 5th Jan? Did you apply this year?
Reply 278
Original post by CMMD
What do you mean you've been rejected from Cambridge? They said they would only let us know on the 5th Jan? Did you apply this year?

That's if you get an interview. A lot of people have been rejected pre-interview.
Reply 279
Original post by Speckle
That's if you get an interview. A lot of people have been rejected pre-interview.

A lot as in 5-10% ?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending