The Student Room Group

The *waiting for news is driving me crazy* Uberthread

Scroll to see replies

Guys, what determines whether or not you get a conditional or unconditional offer?
Original post by pinda.college
Guys, what determines whether or not you get a conditional or unconditional offer?

If you have already completed your A-Levels or other equivalent qualifications prior to applying, and you've met the requirements of the course, then you are probably going to get an unconditional offer. OR you could be given a conditional offer, on the conditions that you take proof of your achieved qualifications to the university.

If you are still in the processed of completing your A-Levels or other equivalent qualifications when applying, then you will be given a conditional offer based on your predicted grades. So you will be accepted to the university, on the conditions that you meet the entry requirements when you complete your A-Levels.
Original post by neutralmilkhotel
If you have already completed your A-Levels or other equivalent qualifications prior to applying, and you've met the requirements of the course, then you are probably going to get an unconditional offer. OR you could be given a conditional offer, on the conditions that you take proof of your achieved qualifications to the university.

If you are still in the processed of completing your A-Levels or other equivalent qualifications when applying, then you will be given a conditional offer based on your predicted grades. So you will be accepted to the university, on the conditions that you meet the entry requirements when you complete your A-Levels.

Thanks:smile: I got a post card from Coventry Univerisity saying 'Thank you for applying, your application is with out admin team'. Does this mean it has been acknowledged?
Original post by pinda.college
Thanks:smile: I got a post card from Coventry Univerisity saying 'Thank you for applying, your application is with out admin team'. Does this mean it has been acknowledged?

Yep, it means they are considering it and looking over it. :smile:
Original post by Emma281092
my application was sent off on 8th december........is this bad?? will they all be filled now???

Every person who submits their UCAS before Jan 15th gets equal consideration. No course will be full until after the deadline. You'll be fine dont worry :smile:
Original post by Pheebs1201
Every person who submits their UCAS before Jan 15th gets equal consideration. No course will be full until after the deadline. You'll be fine dont worry :smile:

i am just scared because i need two bs and a c and i currently have 2 ds and an e...........bad times last year :frown:
Reply 1506
i am just scared because i need two bs and a c and i currently have 2 ds and an e...........bad times last year :frown:

Just study hard, gurl

You can do it :biggrin:

Just focus on this years exams and reach your predicted grades and you'll be ok!
Reply 1508
I wish I would just get acknowledgements from the 3 Unis I have left to hear anything from!
I'm gonna change my hotmail name to 'UCAS' and send an e-mail to all my contacts with the title 'Your UCAS Application has been updated'
Original post by matthew93
I'm gonna change my hotmail name to 'UCAS' and send an e-mail to all my contacts with the title 'Your UCAS Application has been updated'

The name appears to me actually as 'track' (all lower case).
It's such a funny idea, though. :biggrin:
Ok i need a bit of help here, ive got two offers then I recieved a letter today from the university of Hull reading:

We are pleased to let you know unofficially that we wish to make you a conditional offer to study LLB Law with Politics. Please not for the present time this offer is unofficial and is subject to confirmation by the Universitiys admissions office.

The letter is dated 7th of December and I recieved it today!

What is an unofficail offer? anyone else recieved one? could this be beacuse of the snow last week and the law school has decided but the admissions havn't?
Reply 1512
The waiting is driving me crazy! :frown:
only two acknowledgements so far!
Original post by Piouspriest
Ok i need a bit of help here, ive got two offers then I recieved a letter today from the university of Hull reading:

We are pleased to let you know unofficially that we wish to make you a conditional offer to study LLB Law with Politics. Please not for the present time this offer is unofficial and is subject to confirmation by the Universitiys admissions office.

The letter is dated 7th of December and I recieved it today!

What is an unofficail offer? anyone else recieved one? could this be beacuse of the snow last week and the law school has decided but the admissions havn't?

Well done on your offer! By unofficial offer I think they mean an offer that hasn't been confirmed on track. I received a letter like that from Hull and a week later I had an offer on track. Don't worry about it, I guess they want to sort out your grade conditions? :biggrin:
Original post by matthew93

Oh LOL! Pleaaaase do this! :laugh:

God, I'm evil! :rolleyes::cool::colone:
My application was only sent on the 25th of November but i'm now starting to develop an obsession with track haha just can't wait till this is all over with :smile:
Reply 1516
The school sent my application off on the 3rd December, had hoped for an offer before Christmas, not sure how likely this is :'(
Reply 1517
i've got one offer so far, and i'm kind of glad just because if i had all five replies i'd have nothing to look forward to anymore! but it's just the uncertainty, it's driving me insaaaane. i want to know where i'll spend the next three years of my life!

i'm also hoping one of my two favourite universities will be reaaally nice and offer me something lower so i can choose them as firm and insurance (if i'm lucky enough to even get offers!) but i think that's a long shot, ahaha :P
Reply 1518
Oh coooome on... application sent on 23rd november... One conditional offer from Greenwich & I already have the conditions.. got so excited when I got it, but waiting for the rest is just making me crazier now...
Original post by Torrchy
Oh coooome on... application sent on 23rd november... One conditional offer from Greenwich & I already have the conditions.. got so excited when I got it, but waiting for the rest is just making me crazier now...

How can they give out a conditional offer specifying some conditions that you already have? Surely that's an unconditional?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending