The Student Room Group

Why are teenagers obsessed with black people and black culture?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by lonelykatana
Your cute, thinking I care about your opinion :smile:

You obviously do care as you've replied! OWNED!!!! Btw it's you're not your. OWNED AGAIN bitch!!!!!!
Original post by BambieWambie
You obviously do care as you've replied! OWNED!!!! Btw it's you're not your. OWNED AGAIN bitch!!!!!!

Fixed it for you, cutie pie.

You know your fighting a losing battle when you have to correct someone who cant be arsed to type properly. Does your argument really not hold anything else?
Heh, you must be French. Thats adorable!
Reply 202
Because i wanna be like Snoop Dogg!

No but when Black Rappers, Hip Hop, Singers etc etc are on the tv every day obviously younger people are gonna think "wow cool".
Fixed it for you, cutie pie.

You know your fighting a losing battle when you have to correct someone who cant be arsed to type properly. Does your argument really not hold anything else?
Heh, you must be French. Thats adorable!

God! You don't get it do you? I find it kind of sick that you can actually call someone a retard. Oh! and i'm not losing. It's annoying when people use your instead of you're. Another thing, im not French. Don't make yourself look like an even bigger idiot.
Reply 204
Original post by Johnny Caustic
You're moving away from the topic...

White UK teenagers, particulalry in areas of ethnic diversity, are 'obsessed' with black culture owing to the machismo associated with it. History has shown that black people have suffered the most at the hands of white colonialism and thus have had to tough out harder existences. This has made them appear in modern youth culture as being particularly tough and living lives closer to the raw meaning of existence i.e. 'more street.' White teenage boys ape this because they desire to be more masculine, and they see this through embuing black culture. As for teenage girls, I don't feel I know.

doesn't it all stem from the black urban american rap/rnb hiphop music scene.....
God! You don't get it do you? I find it kind of sick that you can actually call someone a retard. Oh! and i'm not losing. It's annoying when people use your instead of you're. Another thing, im not French. Don't make yourself look like an even bigger idiot.

How did you know Im god? :s-smilie:

A retard like Harvey price? (better not say that, his RETARDED slut of a mother might sue me :eek::eek::eek:) You dont like it when people call retarded people retards?
Wow, thats really retarded! you must be a retard!
How did you know Im god? :s-smilie:

A retard like Harvey price? (better not say that, his RETARDED slut of a mother might sue me :eek::eek::eek:) You dont like it when people call retarded people retards?
Wow, thats really retarded! you must be a retard!

I feel ashamed you. You're actually embarrasing yourself. I highly doubt the guy that you called a "retard" in this topic was a retard. You're using the word as an insult, which is pretty sad. Say no more, i bet a lot of people have lost respect for you, not like they actually take notice of you anyway.
I feel ashamed you. You're actually embarrasing yourself. I highly doubt the guy that you called a "retard" in this topic was a retard. You're using the word as an insult, which is pretty sad. Say no more, i bet a lot of people have lost respect for you, not like they actually take notice of you anyway.

hehehe you spelt embarrassing wrong!
Do I care if anyone I have never met as respect for me or not?
IM ****ING GOD!

God does not need your respect.
hehehe you spelt embarrassing wrong!
Do I care if anyone I have never met as respect for me or not?
IM ****ING GOD!

God does not need your respect.

Urgh! I'm cringing. I bet you're a high schooler
not every black person uses slang - shet mehn!

and ppl copy us because we're good dancers, good singers, good cooks and sexy lmao nah I'm being biased obviously cos i'm black.

but hate it when ppl relate slang to black people.
Urgh! I'm cringing. I bet you're a high schooler

Its shocking that in this day of age, you can not spot someone who is trolling from the general population.
Its shocking that in this day of age, you can not spot someone who is trolling from the general population.

Ha mate, thats you
At one of the schools in my collegiate, two girls (black) had a fight because one accused the other of 'being white'.

Hilarious.
Ha mate, thats you

I know, thats why I let you into that little secret! :wink:
Reply 214

How did I miss this thread? :lolwut:

Meh, racism doesn't surprise me anymore anyway.
doesn't it all stem from the black urban american rap/rnb hiphop music scene.....

Yeah, but hip hop is the fruit bourne from slavery and oppression; it's swagger lies in the strength and expriences gathered from those years.

The white teenager has a problem. He adores a culture that his predecessors hated and now he wants to be a part of it. It's perverse, but the level of pride and masculinity intoxicate him... and is pretty much the standard for boys that want to look tough.
Original post by Little Martian
I'm in year 10 and all of the black boys in my year are "popular" except for one because he "acts white". All of the Asian and white kids think they can make black jokes and they always try their hardest to impress black people. It's embarrassing. And ever since Cheryl Cole said Cher Lloyd had "swag" everyone says it now. And it really annoys me when white people use slang because it sounds really weird coming out of their mouth, lol. :K:

So all 'slang' is derived from Black people? How about regional dialects (e.g. Geordie slang, Scouse slang, Essex slang, Brummie slang etc) ? The origins of all of these forms of 'slang' have nothing to do with Black people. It is true that some non Black people use slang words associated with the Black community, but from what i've noticed the majority of these people are those who have predominately Black friends/grown up in an area-e.g. parts of London which is predominately Black. Is there anything wrong with that? No there's not-in the same way there is nothing wrong with someone like Rebecca from X Factor using Scouse slang. At the end of the day, regardless of race, you're going to pick up some characteristics of the people who you spend most of your time aroud.

Second, lol all teenagers are "obsessed with Black people/culture?" So you've met all teenagers in this country and come to the conclusion that all of them follow Black culture? I'm 20 so not technically a teenager anymore, but the vast majority of the people i know (both now and when i was a teenager) don't "act Black" (stereotypically i mean, as i know there is not such a thing as acting Black in reality.)
I don't like the whole 'black culture' thing either, really. Partly because it's just irritating, and partly because it gives black people a bit of a bad name. I think the most frustrating thing about it is that black people in the UK tend to perpetuate their own stereotype.

I don't care if you find that racist, because it isn't. Try strolling into South East London one day and you'll see what I'm talking about.
Deleted out of shame
(edited 10 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending