The Student Room Group

Done all the past papers. Shall I do Solomon Papers or focus on other exams?

I have C1 & C2 exams in January and I've done all the past papers and I'm quite confident (not too confident! I always get nervous right before maths exams :p: )
Shall I do Solomon Papers or stop maths for just now and focus on other exams?

Also, does universities look at your UMS marks for each modules?

Do I need full marks in C1/C2 to get 100UMS?

Thanks in advance :wink:
Original post by Miss Anonymous
I have C1 & C2 exams in January and I've done all the past papers and I'm quite confident (not too confident! I always get nervous right before maths exams :p: )

Only Oxbridge will look at your UMS score as far as I'm aware.
Definately do Soloman papers if you can, I suppose you already have them otherwise pm me.
I'd recommend doing one Soloman paper for C1 & 2 leading up to the exam everyday, spending the rest of your time on other subjects, Soloman papers are much harder than the actual exams if you can nail those then well you'll do good.

No you do not need full marks to get 100UMS, usually you could lose one or two marks before it starts eating into your UMS score
(edited 13 years ago)
Original post by Casshern1456

Definately do Soloman papers if you can, I suppose you already have them otherwise pm me.
I'd recommend doing one Soloman paper for C1 & 2 leading up to the exam everyday, spending the rest of your time on other subjects, Soloman papers are much harder than the actual exams if you can nail those then well you'll do good.

No you do not need full marks to get 100UMS, usually you could lose one or two marks before it starts eating into your UMS score

yeh i have them
doing one paper everyday sounds good
thanks for your advice! :smile:
Reply 3
solomon papers are too sick!
Reply 4

don't you have to pay for solomon papers?
Original post by ilyking
don't you have to pay for solomon papers?

you could but i don't:ninja:

Wish there was solomon papers for all my subjects....
Im not bothering to finish them, I have started doing D1 papers, did 2 yesterday and 1 today and I have almost ran out...
Core seems to be a lot easier than all the other types of maths (you will know what I mean if you are doing FM)

Nice to see somebody taking things seriously because nobody in my college seems to give a ****.
What are your subjects?
Original post by DivinityofReason

Original post by DivinityofReason
Wish there was solomon papers for all my subjects....
Im not bothering to finish them, I have started doing D1 papers, did 2 yesterday and 1 today and I have almost ran out...
Core seems to be a lot easier than all the other types of maths (you will know what I mean if you are doing FM)

Nice to see somebody taking things seriously because nobody in my college seems to give a ****.
What are your subjects?

i'm in year 11.. but my proposed subjects are Maths, Further maths, Chemistry and Physics (+ might do Computing)
:smile:
(edited 13 years ago)
i'm in year 11.. but my proposed subjects are Maths, Further maths, Chemistry and Physics (+ might do Computing)
:smile:

Wow so you have a headstart...
I did about 3/7th of my physics course only to be told on the first day that we where doing unit 2 rather than unit 1 first... which really mad me mad.

And nice subject choices xD

Quick Reply

Latest