The Student Room Group

is it immoral to not like children?

Scroll to see replies

No it's fine not to like them.however it is immoral to go of your way to upset them or discriminate them.Unless they are bullying other kids then you must drop the No Santa bomb infront of them.My cousins 3yr old son is hilarious we went to a restraunt and we all ordered ribs and his sister got chicken nuggets but he asks for icecream and a calypso.He also tried to make me laugh by stuffing a banana down the side of the sofa.
(edited 13 years ago)
You don't have to like children to wish them a good start in life.
Reply 22
I like kids. The ones aged between 12 and 15 on the bus tend to get a bit noisy and reckless but they pipe down if I tell them to stop, so I have no problems with them.
They get worse when they're shouted at, so perhaps for people who don't like kids much in the first place it becomes a vicious circle.
I think loud, hyperactive children can be funny but become quickly annoying. Fortunately my own son is pretty calm and reserved (he's quite a bookish type just like me) so I get on quite well with him most of the time.
(edited 13 years ago)
I don't know about 'immoral', but it is a little odd. Particularly because it could be argued that it goes against an evolutionary instinct or biological predisposition to like cute babies.

'Why are babies so cute?' http://www.rps.psu.edu/probing/babies.html
Reply 25
All children have more dislikeable qualities than likeable ones, imo. Some can be cute, sure, but I wouldn't want to spend any significant period of time with them. Ick.
I like kids.they are pure and simple.its weird not to like them
Reply 27

Why would it be immoral not to like kids? ^
(edited 13 years ago)
I hate children in general. Especially around roads. Always gets me when I see one standing on the curb or something.
Reply 29
Bloody kids.

Apart from my niece and nephew :h:
Original post by Captain92
I like kids. The ones aged between 12 and 15 on the bus tend to get a bit noisy and reckless but they pipe down if I tell them to stop, so I have no problems with them.
They get worse when they're shouted at, so perhaps for people who don't like kids much in the first place it becomes a vicious circle.

why should they stop?
Original post by Retrospect
I don't know about 'immoral', but it is a little odd. Particularly because it could be argued that it goes against an evolutionary instinct or biological predisposition to like cute babies.

'Why are babies so cute?' http://www.rps.psu.edu/probing/babies.html

Evolution doesn't exist. It's society pure and simple that says we must "love" children.
Reply 32
It's kinda silly to hate them, we were all kids once.
Reply 33
Original post by rajandkwameali
why should they stop?

I usually tell them to calm down before they reach the point of hurling each other into windows and breaking bones... They get very excitable.
I usually tell them to calm down before they reach the point of hurling each other into windows and breaking bones... They get very excitable.

That is not your problem.
Reply 35
That is not your problem.

Well actually yes, it is, because a) I'd be the one getting in bother at school for not sorting them out, and b) I don't want the bus driver getting distracted and crashing the bus thanks.
Plus, I do care about the well-being of others...
Original post by Kerny
It's kinda silly to hate them, we were all kids once.

how so?
Well actually yes, it is, because a) I'd be the one getting in bother at school for not sorting them out, and b) I don't want the bus driver getting distracted and crashing the bus thanks.
Plus, I do care about the well-being of others...

But you don't know them, nor have to care for them. So why is it an issue?
Reply 38
how so?

Your parent(s)/guardian(s) put up with your crap when you were a toddler. Now you might not want kids, but hostility towards them is unnecessary.
Original post by Retrospect

:sad:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending