The Student Room Group

Keyskills Numeracy

I have to complete a Keyskills Numeracy course to get into the university I want as my GCSE Maths grade is not good enough. I start the course in January so I wont have finished it by the deadline my UCAS application needs to be in for. Does anyone know, in the education/subject section of the UCAS application form, where Keyskills Level 2 comes under? Would it be GCSE as a Level 2 is equal to a A-C.

I want to put it in my education section, rather then my personal statement as advised by Connections, because I don't want the person who reads my application to see my GCSEs and then not bother reading my personal statement as the grade they want isn't good enough.

Thanks.
Reply 1
Original post by AndrewD92
I have to complete a Keyskills Numeracy course to get into the university I want as my GCSE Maths grade is not good enough. I start the course in January so I wont have finished it by the deadline my UCAS application needs to be in for. Does anyone know, in the education/subject section of the UCAS application form, where Keyskills Level 2 comes under? Would it be GCSE as a Level 2 is equal to a A-C.

I want to put it in my education section, rather then my personal statement as advised by Connections, because I don't want the person who reads my application to see my GCSEs and then not bother reading my personal statement as the grade they want isn't good enough.

Thanks.

Hey, under education there is key skills click on that and i think you will get two options Application of Number and Communication in ur case application of number and select level 2 if u passed it click pass if not do it as pending!
Reply 2
Original post by hassom
Hey, under education there is key skills click on that and i think you will get two options Application of Number and Communication in ur case application of number and select level 2 if u passed it click pass if not do it as pending!

Thank you! I have no idea how I missed that.
I got a letter from the college I have to go to and it said the course title is Numeracy L1/2. Should I type that in the Other box or should I pick Application of Number?
Reply 3
Thank you! I have no idea how I missed that.
I got a letter from the college I have to go to and it said the course title is Numeracy L1/2. Should I type that in the Other box or should I pick Application of Number?

well first of all are u sure it is key skills? If it key skills you would have too produce a portfolio aswell if not then its going to be Adult Numeracy level 2
Reply 4
Original post by hassom
well first of all are u sure it is key skills? If it key skills you would have too produce a portfolio aswell if not then its going to be Adult Numeracy level 2

Its defiantly Key Skills. I found out I needed to do it when Connections contacted the University I wanted to apply to. They said I needed it or a better GCSE grade. Connections then put me in contact with my local college and I went and done the test. I got a level 2 in the test and then I got a letter the other day saying I start the course on the 11th January 2011.
Reply 5
Its defiantly Key Skills. I found out I needed to do it when Connections contacted the University I wanted to apply to. They said I needed it or a better GCSE grade. Connections then put me in contact with my local college and I went and done the test. I got a level 2 in the test and then I got a letter the other day saying I start the course on the 11th January 2011.

ok then kool mate:smile: good luck

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending