The Student Room Group

Do you become distant with a person you start to like?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
Original post by Ultimate_Geek
I tend to go on an insult rampage :ashamed:.

What you mean?
Original post by Hey TSR
What you mean?

I like them, and then for some reason feel the need to insult them pitilessly.
Male or female; anybody who does this is infantile, crude, and quite frankly a little bit stupid. It doesn't help the attraction or potential bonding of personalities at all. Instead, both parties (at the expense of one individuals game playing), are subject to predicting the next move in a stupid series of 'tests', mind games and other social mine fields.
Reply 23
Yes:s-smilie:
Reply 24

You start blanking them and whatnot?
Original post by Hey TSR
You start blanking them and whatnot?

No, I'm just not very nice to them.
Reply 26
When I like someone alot.. I can't seem to be able to talk to them as much as before and I can't look at them in the eye.. I'm so weird :biggrin:

And it's harder to start a conversation :smile:
Reply 27
No, I'm just not very nice to them.

But how would the guy in question have even the faintest of ideas that you like him if you not only blank him, but more, treat him like crap, so to speak? :biggrin:
Reply 28
I do this sometimes, because I fear I would be rejected or perhaps not be as experienced as the guy may seem so I feel like I wouldn't be a good gf :3 I am not sure that made sense but I can't explain it myself :s-smilie:
YES! so muchhh
infact even if the guy starts liking me i still cant help being distant cos i ont want him to see how much i love him.
it's like he's gonna see right through me.
Reply 30
No, I tend to text them more and talk more and if they're around I'll go up to them and talk to them, not always even in a flirty manner, just general conversation. Often I even tell them I like them. This is all unless there's a reason I should try and keep it on the down low, for example if I don't think a relationship with them is a good idea, or they have a girlfriend or something.

I've learnt from my mistakes in the past of keeping it low key. I'd always end up wondering what could have been.
Yeah most people do until they realise these games are stupid and childish.
Reply 32
Original post by Anonymous
I'm a girl and I do this. :frown: I really like this guy at work, but I ignore him and try and act really cool around him - I almost act as if I don't like him...I do it because I'm scared he doesn't like me back, but deep down I think he does!

Make your move then, or are you waiting for him to?
Reply 33
I kind of do it by default, because I'm worried about looking too keen i.e. a creepy stalker
Original post by Hey TSR
But how would the guy in question have even the faintest of ideas that you like him if you not only blank him, but more, treat him like crap, so to speak? :biggrin:

They probably wouldn't, I'll admit it's not exactly a logical way of doing things.
Reply 35
They probably wouldn't, I'll admit it's not exactly a logical way of doing things.

Yeah, far from it.
Reply 36
I do, definitely. It's due to being bullied at school, I still can't accept that people like me so I don't even bother with people that I do like because my effort isn't going to be reciprocated.

This. I'm really harsh on people I like :colondollar:
Reply 38
No. In fact, we became closer and we're best mates now.
Original post by Jessaay!
No, I tend to text them more and talk more and if they're around I'll go up to them and talk to them, not always even in a flirty manner, just general conversation. Often I even tell them I like them. This is all unless there's a reason I should try and keep it on the down low, for example if I don't think a relationship with them is a good idea, or they have a girlfriend or something.

I've learnt from my mistakes in the past of keeping it low key. I'd always end up wondering what could have been.

I thought only guys were supposed to tell someone that they like them..Is it like an equal thing then that both do? The thing is, i like a boy who used to be a friend and then suddenly sttarted to not invite me to do things and avoid me. You sound like an expert lol

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending