The Student Room Group

Misfits

Scroll to see replies

I'm wondering when Curtis' new girl is going to become relevant, she seems a bit tagged-on a the minute...
If Curtis went back in time and Present teleportation girlfriend wanted to be with Curtis at that exact moment, wonder if she could teleport into the past. :holmes:
Original post by Antifazian
I'm wondering when Curtis' new girl is going to become relevant, she seems a bit tagged-on a the minute...

I have a feeling they'll use their powers together to conquer space.time. though since there's only 1 (or 2) episodes left, that must mean they'll, hopefully, create loads more seasons.

YAKKKOWWW!!! (heroes reference :emo:)

Original post by Ape Gone Insane
If Curtis went back in time and Present teleportation girlfriend wanted to be with Curtis at that exact moment, wonder if she could teleport into the past. :holmes:

Hmm. Maybe... but then she would have the problem of choosing which time to be in since she could teleport to whenever Curtis existed?
(edited 13 years ago)
Reply 403
Original post by spacepirate-James
nah. nathan saw the "hippie" guy in a couple episodes later.

I had a feeling there was something like that in a later episode, it was in the back of my mind, but I really couldn't think whether I was making it up or not.

No. His opposite effect was mortality/vulnerability hence why Simon saved him.

Fair point.

Further evidence there is more to everyone's powers then. The only person we have nothing on yet is Kelly. And, possibly debatable, Simon, depending whether you see his super aim as an extension of his power, or whether there is something to do with his power allowing him to travel back in time. But I still can't see any link with the invisibility.
I can take a wild shot, I don't know how much sense this makes, it really is just a desperate attempt to explain things. Maybe he can control objects through time. I.e. the peanut, he moved from point A to B, through X time period. Same with the aeroplane, and then much later on, himself. But then that cancels out the theory of Curtis sending Simon back through time.

Another possibility, powers combining. Maybe Curtis's new girlfriend (I forget her name), can teleport people with her. Using Curtis's power to rewind time, and her power to teleport, Simon gets teleported back through time.

This has just turned into a ramble of random theories floating around my head...much of it may not make sense :o:
Welcome aboard, Deputy. :teehee:

WOO! That excited me so much when I got home from night out and checked TSR!

Original post by spacepirate-James
NERD FEST: my friends and I were discussing what "misfit" style powers we would have, based on our personalities, and i can apparently "heal" with one hand and cause "pain" with the other :teehee: :colone:

Hmm I don't know what mine would be, I guess maybe ability to make people say what they are thinking (Kinda like when Kelly was on drugs and couldn't stop saying what she thought, except I would be able to make others share) because for someone reason people always feel like they can talk to me!
I really enjoy Misfits but I felt that the Gorilla part in the most recent episode was ridiculous!
Original post by LabyrinthWonder
I really enjoy Misfits but I felt that the Gorilla part in the most recent episode was ridiculous!

Totally agree, I couldn't stop laughing when his mask came off.

Totally agree, I couldn't stop laughing when his mask came off.

I agree, could have been done better! But like the idea of complete transformation in the storm :smile:
This is what I don't get.

Future Simon killed himself to save Alisha. But if that was the time for Alisha to die, then future Simon wouldn't of had sex with Alisha and Alisha wouldn't have been in that video of her being on TV that she found in future Simon's appartment. So does that mean i'm taking it too seriously or did future Simon kill himself for no reason or does it mean that Alisha faces a future perill as future Simon came back in time to stop her from dying but that point cannot clearly be the point where Alisha would have died...
Original post by LabyrinthWonder

Meh, it was no worse than Nathan granny grabbing. The hilarious side effects of people getting super powers that other comics/shows don't bother with :biggrin:
Original post by chaz1992
This is what I don't get.

Future Simon killed himself to save Alisha. But if that was the time for Alisha to die, then future Simon wouldn't of had sex with Alisha and Alisha wouldn't have been in that video of her being on TV that she found in future Simon's appartment. So does that mean i'm taking it too seriously or did future Simon kill himself for no reason or does it mean that Alisha faces a future perill as future Simon came back in time to stop her from dying but that point cannot clearly be the point where Alisha would have died...

I've said it before & I'll say it again: clearly that wasn't when she dies.

Future Simon's timeline had a superhoodie too, which Alisha told him about. Infinite Time Loop etc. etc.

Oh yeah, I was thinking this too. When Curtis's future vision from the second episode finally comes to present, it seemed to me like something big was gonna happen then on that rooftop, but all they did was have sex on a sofa, with Alisha walking in on them :teehee:.

I read on another forum, where someone said that they think maybe Curtis and Nikki's powers somehow combine to send Simon back into the past. Something interesting to think about :holmes:
Original post by CherryCherryBoomBoom
Oh yeah, I was thinking this too. When Curtis's future vision from the second episode finally comes to present, it seemed to me like something big was gonna happen then on that rooftop, but all they did was have sex on a sofa, with Alisha walking in on them :teehee:.

I read on another forum, where someone said that they think maybe Curtis and Nikki's powers somehow combine to send Simon back into the past. Something interesting to think about :holmes:

They shall unite and become a human TARDIS!!
Reply 413
This is my favourite thread on TSR.

I'm sure this has been cleared up, but for me :puppyeyes: Robert Sheehan and Series 3, anyone?
Reply 414

I suggested that on here earlier also :p:
(and I think the possibility of powers combining has been brought up before)

:

Yeah it was a bit of an anti-climax...

:colondollar:
Original post by hobo06
I suggested that on here earlier also :p:
(and I think the possibility of powers combining has been brought up before)

OK, I see your earlier post. It's a pretty good theory, and possibly it does happen in the show. Or maybe we'll get surprised again like they always do, lol. I can't wait :biggrin:

Yeah it was a bit of an anti-climax...

:colondollar:

I see what you did there :teehee:
Reply 417
Great series.

I think simon will eventually be told by alisha that he goes back in time and has to save her at that point!

I dont really want to know though as I love all the twists. I thought the masked guy was so cool and it was crazy when he turned out to be simon.
Reply 418
I wish I had Nikki's power. Being able to teleport anywhere in the world would be awesome :moon:
Original post by greeneyedgirl
I agree, could have been done better! But like the idea of complete transformation in the storm :smile:

It was interesting that the most honest "person" that Kelly met turned out to be an animal, like she said something at the end about most people saying one thing to your face and thinking another whereas Bruno didn't. I thought there was something kinda sad about that. :console:

Quick Reply

Latest