The Student Room Group

I like a girl with a boyfriend

Ive never been in love before till now. The thing is, the girl I like has a boyfriend, though they are both in a LDR...

What should I do?

(I've cut things very short)
She's got a boyfriend, so just admire her from a far and get over it.

Unless this shortened version is missing some very important parts?
Reply 2
i'm going to play devils advocate and say make a move or at least make your intentions clear. I've said it once i've said it a thousand times, just because there's a goalie doesn't mean you can't score. If she's happy shell decline and you can move on, if not :thumbsup:
Reply 3
I know she said that at times she felt her relationship with him was a little bit rocky and that they had had some problems.

The thing is, I have never felt so strongly about anyone before (and in a way I can't help thinking I could be a better boyfriend than him, even though that is obviously for her to decide) - so I don't know whether to "fight" for her, wait for them to break up, give up...
I
Reply 4
Bump...? = (

I posted it quite late last night, and I don't want to be bothersome bumping up an old topic, but I really do want someadvice..
Reply 5
A girl with a boyfriend shouldnt stop you tbh, unless the boyfriend is a friend of yours. If she's into you too, then my advice is to go along with liking her and make a move. Fair game imo. :]
Reply 6
'like' means **** all.
(edited 13 years ago)
Reply 7
Original post by alexmason14
A girl with a boyfriend shouldnt stop you tbh, unless the boyfriend is a friend of yours. If she's into you too, then my advice is to go along with liking her and make a move. Fair game imo. :]

I don't know her boyfriend, although I've seen pictures of him (due to University they are in a LDR).

Original post by 786girl
'like' means fuck all.

I genuinely think I am falling for her... As in, in love. And I have done lots of things for her, some things which I'm not sure if her own boyfriend would do (but I don't know him so I cannot suppose or judge either).
You could inform her of your feelings in an understanding manner (that is, one that puts no pressure upon her to respond in a particular way) - or otherwise, keep them to yourself. She has told you that her current relationship has some problems, but that description is perhaps attributable to the majority of long-distance relationships, and that this one continues suggests at least a reasonable degree of commitment from both partners.

It is difficult. There is somebody that I think is perfect. She is busy with university, has a nice boyfriend to look after her - and is happy. Love is simply wanting another person to be happy, with yourself or with somebody else.
Reply 10
Wait for her like john locke did

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending