The Student Room Group

Why do so many people take MDMA?

Literally half of the people I've met in uni take this drug. How on earth can people still be mentally coherent??

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Because it doesn't actually screw you up (apart from the comedown- think really really really bad hangover, but it's possible to reduce it through various means), and it's SO AWESOME as a drug. Seriously- it's so much fun! Don't knock it til you've tried it.
Reply 2
You must be quite ignorant if you think taking MDMA makes you less "mentally coherent" (whatever that means)
Because its a whole lot of fun, and occasional use doesn't do much harm at all.
Reply 4
Because it's amazing, so much fun. I have no idea why it's illegal...crazy.
Reply 5
Original post by WarmEye
Literally half of the people I've met in uni take this drug. How on earth can people still be mentally coherent??

This post cannot be taken seriously by anyone ever.
I had it slipped in my drink once.

Best night ever.
Original post by SuperSam_Fantastiche
I had it slipped in my drink once.

Best night ever.

What did the guy do who slipped it in? And how did you know it was MDMA?
Reply 8
Makes you smell nice
Reply 9
MDMA is safer than horse riding, trufax

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk/7882708.stm
Because the first time they do it they get an amazing experience which stays with them for the rest of their life. They then try to recreate this every subsequent time they take it and it is never quite the same. After a while they will start finding that their comedowns are worse and the highs become hit or miss, so usually they end up drifting away from using it.
Reply 11
Original post by MagicNMedicine
Because the first time they do it they get an amazing experience which stays with them for the rest of their life. They then try to recreate this every subsequent time they take it and it is never quite the same. After a while they will start finding that their comedowns are worse and the highs become hit or miss, so usually they end up drifting away from using it.

So what constitutes as an amazing night? If you have no control over yourself you could easily land yourself into a lot of trouble, i.e fighting someone or injuring yourself really badly...
I've never tried it but it certainly seems a lot safer than alcohol.
Reply 13
Original post by MagicNMedicine

nonsense

Original post by WarmEye
So what constitutes as an amazing night? If you have no control over yourself you could easily land yourself into a lot of trouble, i.e fighting someone or injuring yourself really badly...

you don't lose control, you're so ignorant honestly
Reply 14
Original post by a_t
nonsense

you don't lose control, you're so ignorant honestly

Then make me less ignorant and point what actually does happen...
Reply 15
Original post by WarmEye
Then make me less ignorant and point what actually does happen...

it enhances your experience rather than taking control of you, e.g. you're much more impacted by lights and music, you're much happier, your inhibitions are lower, its why its suited to clubs etc, just transforms the whole night into something almost shamanic and euphoric

You don't forget who you are and go mental for 3 hours as you seem to feel one does, and rather than making one more likely to start fights you become a lot calmer and confident
Reply 16
Original post by a_t
it enhances your experience rather than taking control of you, e.g. you're much more impacted by lights and music, you're much happier, your inhibitions are lower, its why its suited to clubs etc, just transforms the whole night into something almost shamanic and euphoric

You don't forget who you are and go mental for 3 hours as you seem to feel one does, and rather than making one more likely to start fights you become a lot calmer and confident

But you can be physically addicted to it right? I've got a friend who told me he HAS to have mdma when he goes clubbing.
Original post by WarmEye
But you can be physically addicted to it right? I've got a friend who told me he HAS to have mdma when he goes clubbing.

Do you know anything about it? It doesn't seem like you do.
Original post by -Invidious-
What did the guy do who slipped it in? And how did you know it was MDMA?

It was an idiot acquaintance who thought it would be "funny" to see what happened to me. Admitted it the following day after finding out how worried my actual friends were getting at the state of me after drinking 2 bottles of VK (I'm a pint drinker so VK barely touches me :p: )

I dunno why anyone was panicking, I was loving it :wink:
Because it's fun, duh.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending