The Student Room Group

Why do so many people take MDMA?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by WarmEye
But you can be physically addicted to it right? I've got a friend who told me he HAS to have mdma when he goes clubbing.

It is not physically addictive, and the idea of someone fighting on MDMA is laughable, mdma just does not make users aggressive. It can be psychologically addictive yes, but remember, so is chocolate.

You do not lose control or do stupid things, unless your an idiot.

People seem to think all drugs make you lose control because the only drug they are really familiar with is alcohol, which does indeed make you lose control.

OP - People do MDMA, because 200mg of pure MDMA is the closest your ever going to get to Heaven.

It is entirely overwhelming, it's like every single thing in the world is right; there's no anxiety, all the boundries are broken down, love just flows.

Someone doing pure md for the first time usually says something along the lines of 'omg omg this is so ****ing amazing.. omg how is this possible... i ****ing love you' etc.

Obviously like any drug MDMA has it's risks, never EVER take it if you are on MAOI anti depressants, and always do your research beforehand.
Reply 21
Original post by WarmEye
But you can be physically addicted to it right? I've got a friend who told me he HAS to have mdma when he goes clubbing.

Not really, people might start to take a lot of it because they really like it, its not like crack or heroin, and its not physiologically addictive, any addiction would be purely psychological
Reply 22
Original post by a_t
Not really, people might start to take a lot of it because they really like it, its not like crack or heroin, and its not physiologically addictive, any addiction would be purely psychological

Original post by Spetznaaz
It is not physically addictive, and the idea of someone fighting on MDMA is laughable, mdma just does not make users aggressive. It can be psychologically addictive yes, but remember, so is chocolate.

People seem to think all drugs make you lose control because the only drug they are really familiar with is alcohol, which does indeed make you lose control.

OP - People do MDMA, because 200mg of pure MDMA is the closest your ever going to get to Heaven.

It is entirely overwhelming, it's like every single thing in the world is right; there's no anxiety, all the boundries are broken down, love just flows.

Someone doing pure md for the first time usually says something along the lines of 'omg omg this is so ****ing amazing.. omg how is this possible... i ****ing love you' etc.

Obviously like any drug MDMA has it's risks, never EVER take it if you are on MAOI anti depressants, and always do your research beforehand.

Sounds really similar to cannibis...
Original post by WarmEye
Sounds really similar to cannibis...

Lol well it really isn't.

Cannabis is a depressant as well as a mild stimulant and is also naturally growing.

MDMA is a very powerful man-made stimulant.

There effects are very different, as well as their mechanisms of action.
Reply 24
I don't really understand people who sit and take it in their rooms.
Reply 25
Love is my drug. :h:

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

So true! Be and my best friend could have gotten married we were so loved up.

/nostalgia.
Reply 27
It's pretty good; non-addictive, very safe as far as drugs go and mixes well with alot of other drugs (my second favorite after LSD). it causes a massive release of seretonin and as much as I like it I will say that it is a false high, chemical induced happiness. Doing too much will make you unhappy.
Original post by WarmEye
So what constitutes as an amazing night? If you have no control over yourself you could easily land yourself into a lot of trouble, i.e fighting someone or injuring yourself really badly...

This is NOT what MDMA does, this is what alcohol does. Any who, so many take it because it feels bloody amazing.
Reply 29
Anyone who does drugs is a complete and utter prat. A short-term high in exchange for ****ing yourself up long-term? Your body wasn't made to handle that stuff.

I await negs from the supposed "I can stop anytime I want"/ "recreational" druggies.
Reply 30
Original post by WarmEye
Literally half of the people I've met in uni take this drug. How on earth can people still be mentally coherent??

Surely this is of purely academic interest to one so mentally stunted as you already are?
Reply 31
Original post by IlexBlue
Anyone who does drugs is a complete and utter prat. A short-term high in exchange for ****ing yourself up long-term? Your body wasn't made to handle that stuff.

I await negs from the supposed "I can stop anytime I want"/ "recreational" druggies.

While I'm not a recreational drug-user myself, your opinion is one born out of profound ignorance. If you can find an impartial, verifiable source which proclaims MDMA as more intrinsically inimical than caffeine, I'll be impressed.

Yes i'm sure you have/will accomplish as much as this man: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Alexander_Shulgin

The majority of responsible drug users do not **** them selves up.

Do you drink alcohol? If so then, why do you think out of the hundreds of recreational drugs, only alcohol is ok to use?
Reply 33

So i guess you've never drunk alcohol? Don't knock it till you've tried it.
Original post by WarmEye

Just a point - that's not physical addiction.
Reply 35
Original post by Profesh
While I'm not a recreational drug-user myself, your opinion is one born out of profound ignorance. If you can find an impartial, verifiable source which proclaims MDMA as more intrinsically inimical than caffeine, I'll be impressed.

Yes i'm sure you have/will accomplish as much as this man: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Alexander_Shulgin

The majority of responsible drug users do not **** them selves up.

Do you drink alcohol? If so then, why do you think out of the hundreds of recreational drugs, only alcohol is ok to use?

I don't touch caffeine or alcohol either, actually. Alcohol is disgusting, and I stopped with the caffeine a while ago, so it's not a case of "knocking it before I've tried it" either.

Whether or not they get carried away into the depths of addiction, I still don't agree with it. The negative effects of recreational drug use outweigh any (if they exist) benefits, and I find it an idiotic thing to do.
Reply 36
I don't touch caffeine or alcohol either, actually. Alcohol is disgusting, and I stopped with the caffeine a while ago, so it's not a case of "knocking it before I've tried it" either.

Whether or not they get carried away into the depths of addiction, I still don't agree with it. The negative effects of recreational drug use outweigh any (if they exist) benefits, and I find it an idiotic thing to do.

Sounds liek you could do with a few lines pet.
Original post by mau5
Sounds liek you could do with a few lines pet.

Agreed
Reply 38

Can you cite specific examples which might be readily extrapolated to the general populace? Notwithstanding that the health-benefits of red-wine (and indeed, other forms of alcoholic beverage when imbibed in moderation) have already been widely chronicled.
Reply 39
Original post by Profesh
Surely this is of purely academic interest to one so mentally stunted as you already are?

I wanna take it, not sure if I should though.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending