The Student Room Group

How long Christmas holiday does your university give you?

Which university do you go to, and how long is the Christmas break they give you?

Scroll to see replies

Well, my last day was Friday and the exam period starts somewhere in early January ... but my first exam isn't until getting on for the end of January, so I've got somewhere between five and six weeks of Christmas holiday this year.
A month.
10th December-10th January.

A poll might be useful :h:

EDIT: This is at LSE.
(edited 13 years ago)
For me (at Loughborough): A month, but then another 2-3 weeks with nothing during the exam period before lectures start again.
(edited 13 years ago)
Reply 4
Keele.
Technically 17th-10th, but my last lecture is tomorrow, and I've handed all my assignments in, so I'm off tomorrow afternoon.
My exams are also both in the first week of exam fortnight, so i'll come back to do them, then go home again.
So I'm off for 5 of the next 6 weeks :-)
Reply 5
I have 4 weeks off over xmas, no exams or anything in Jan, just 2 assignments to do over the break. Im at Salford.
Reply 6
just over a month- 15th december- 17th january
A month. 17th-17th. Birmingham :smile:
10th Dec - 10th Jan, done all the exams and no coursework to do! Happy Xmas!
2 months =/ Finish this Wednesday, the 15th and Semester B starts on the 15th of Feb. Too long if you ask me.
Reply 10
About a month. Exam week starts tomorrow but I don't have any, so I'm off home at some point on Tuesday. Have quite a bit of coursework to be getting on with, however :frown:

I think my record was 5 and 1/2 weeks at one stage during my undergrad with no exams or coursework :woo:
Reply 11
A month (almost). 18th Dec until 17th Jan.
I'm at Liverpool Hope, and we get 3 weeks officially, but because of when my lectures are, I get 3 and a half :')
Reply 13
1 month - Kent
Friday 17th December - Monday 10th Januaryr (uni on those days officially).

Although I only have exams 11th and 13th then am done again till Monday 24th January when lectures start again.
Reply 15
Edinburgh - Off this Friday, start again on 10th Jan. Our exams are on now though so straight back to lectures.
Uni of Leicester.

A month.

Finish 17th December.
Term starts again 17th January.
Cambridge - lectures ended on December 2nd, and restart on January 20th... so 7 weeks...
However, I left on the 4th December, and will be going back on the 8th, so that's more like a month :biggrin:
Reply 18
i finish on the 16th december and go back on the 4th january so about 2 weeks, but as im training to be a nurse we dont get as many holidays as everyone seems to because we have to fit between 18-21 weeks of placements in during the year and our first one should start on the 5th.
Aberdeen. About three and a half weeks.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending