The Student Room Group

The only way to stop terrorism

Is to stop terrorising people! The ignorance on TSR and western society in general is appaling.

I hope you people know that the Americans have been playing boss in the Middle East for the past two decaded. They have even been installing military bases in most Middle Eastern countries through intimidation and threats. History did not start from 9/11! The people in the Middle East are sick of being invaded and opressed by European powers. As I am sure Europeans and Americans would be if another people invaded and terrorised them. Also when American invaded Iraq and Afghanistan they slaughtered hundreds of thousands of innocent people and ruined the lives of millions. So who is the real terrorist now? 3000 people died on 9/11 and 50 died in 7/7. More than 300,000 died in Iraq and Afghanistan. Yet you people call the Muslims terrorists?

Hasn't Wikileaks taught you a thing or two about the "honesty" of your governments? Yet you continue to put your trust in them? Hasn't Wikileaks taught you just how much free speech really is valued in the West?

Why would people risk their lives to fight and kill modern armies. If you stopped killing them and stealing from them people would leave you alone you know! There is only one way to end terrorism. STOP INVADING OTHER COUNTRIES, KILLING THEIR PEOPLE AND STEALING THEIR RESOURCES.

p.s, Moderators, if you close my thread just because of my opinion then you truly are spineless cowards.
(edited 13 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
wisest person on tsr- right there:biggrin:
It might reduce terrorism, but it wouldn't be stopped. Some people object to the very existence of western society and will always seek to destroy it.
Reply 3
Original post by sandys1000
It might reduce terrorism, but it wouldn't be stopped. Some people object to the very existence of western society and will always seek to destroy it.

i very much doubt that :s-smilie: if we stop ****ing about with them, why would they attack us. wouldn't iran or north korea have attacked by now
the fact is that western countries are opressing these countries- if they want to enrich uranium & stuff who are we to stop them seeing as we do it too :s-smilie:
Reply 4
Original post by sandys1000

These people are a tiny, tiny minority and are no threat at all. Most people become terrorists because of the way they have been mistreated and opressed, its all about emotions to most people.
I agree.
Reply 6
you know muslim terrorists kill more muslims than they do westerners and more muslims than our forces, right?
Sure, but then we'd run out of oil for our cars and buses and planes and stuff.
Reply 8
But stopping the wars makes us look "weak". :rolleyes:
Oh, the world we live in.
Reply 9
Original post by amsie/
i very much doubt that :s-smilie: if we stop ****ing about with them, why would they attack us.

Too late now, there is far too much anti-western sentiment in these areas, it will not suddenly go away if we pull out all intervention.
Original post by 9a3iqa
These people are a tiny, tiny minority and are no threat at all. Most people become terrorists because of the way they have been mistreated and opressed, its all about emotions to most people.

This isn't true... when it comes to something as complex as the Muslim extremist psyche the reason for terrorism is due to an amalgam of reasons... brainwashing, wrong interpretation of Qu'ran, hatred for the West in general, provocation etc.

People tend to think terrorism is very new phenomenon, but before America and Britain invaded Iraq and Afghanistan there was much less oppression and provocation, yet there was plenty of terrorism... Kenyan bombings, Lockerbie etc.
(edited 13 years ago)
Reply 11
Thats always been the truth OP. I'm sick of hearing people say that the terrorist's intentions are to destroy "our way of life" and freedoms. Its all ********.
Reply 12
You would like this video (and probably the artist Lowkey) OP:

"America inflicted a million Ground Zeros".

Watch on YT for better quality:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z4OI0GUCI_A
(edited 13 years ago)
Reply 13
Original post by Broderss
you know muslim terrorists kill more muslims than they do westerners and more muslims than our forces, right?

You do know that if the West leaves those countries alone terrorism will die don't you? After all there will be no justification to attack innocents.
Oversimplified self hating "It must be our fault" bull**** argument.
Reply 15
Original post by saintjimmyz
Too late now, there is far too much anti-western sentiment in these areas, it will not suddenly go away if we pull out all intervention.

i get what you mean, i'm saying that if western countries didn't have so many double standards and saw fellow countries as equals, maybe there'd be less tension between them. nato doesn't care about freeing oppressed people, everyone knows that :smile:
I agree that what the West has enforced now enhances the threat of terrorism and its retaliation has only fuelled the fire, however to say it's the root to all terrorism is a bit extreme. Western influence on Eastern culture is the root, be it a good or bad thing.
Reply 17
"terrorism" what a ****ing joke. In the book Art of War by sun tzu it states that deception in by far the most important part of war as is making your army believe their doing the right thing. I truly believe 9/11 did NOT happen the way the media told you- Jet fuel is not hot enough to melt steel and the building exploded like a demolition as well as the only proof of terrorists to be passports found on the floor. WHAT A JOKE. It is most likely that "bin laden"was paid or expoited to do whatever hes doing in order to secure the oil reserves of the middle east. Bin laden is from a very rich family that has history of doing business with the bush family.

Wake up.

Oh and people complain about dumb crap like somali pirates well guess what british oil countries dumped huge toxic waste and oil spillages all around surrounding areas of somalia leaving the countries fishing resources in ruin and people struggling to survive. The "pirates" have a choice of die or survive and rob from the nation who left you in poverty. What would you do?
(edited 13 years ago)
Reply 18
Original post by 9a3iqa
Is to stop terrorising people! The ignorance on TSR and western society in general is appaling.

I hope you people know that the Americans have been playing boss in the Middle East for the past two decaded. They have even been installing military bases in most Middle Eastern countries through intimidation and threats. History did not start from 9/11! The people in the Middle East are sick of being invaded and opressed by European powers. As I am sure Europeans and Americans would be if another people invaded and terrorised them. Also when American invaded Iraq and Afghanistan they slaughtered hundreds of thousands of innocent people and ruined the lives of millions. So who is the real terrorist now? 3000 people died on 9/11 and 50 died in 7/7. More than 300,000 died in Iraq and Afghanistan. Yet you people call the Muslims terrorists?

Hasn't Wikileaks taught you a thing or two about the "honesty" of your governments? Yet you continue to put your trust in them? Hasn't Wikileaks taught you just how much free speech really is valued in the West?

Why would people risk their lives to fight and kill modern armies. If you stopped killing them and stealing from them people would leave you alone you know! There is only one way to end terrorism. STOP INVADING OTHER COUNTRIES, KILLING THEIR PEOPLE AND STEALING THEIR RESOURCES.

p.s, Moderators, if you close my thread just because of my opinion then you truly are spineless cowards.

Lmao all the wikileaks stuff you didnt quote made me laugh, the thing is saudi have been almost begging america to attack Iran, and you know what they've done, nothing, they've shown restraint and are trying for a more diplomatic resolution, so ummm fail on your part....

Also can you tell me how the west are killing & stealing from people in afgan and iraq, as if an innocent civ is killed they are actually given money from the uk/us govn, so ermmm, not really stealing is it...

And finally can you point me towards a non bias link that shows me the evidence that hundreds of thousands of innocent people have been killed. ty

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending