The Student Room Group

Ive Never Been To The Cinema Before

Im a Medical student, and I get bored sometimes and I think there is a cinema nearby, and I dont have best friends, so ill have to go alone.

Im going to sound bonkers but in my life ive never been :frown:

What do you do?
LOL

Ive been once with school
So you have been to the cinema.

Well, that's a bit of a lie then, isn't it?
Reply 2
Just go already. Harry Potter is good :smile:
Reply 3
Check out online what films are showing at your local cinema, so you show up at the right time for whatever you want to see. Then just join the queue for the counter, and say "one adult/student/child for X film please" and give them money. There will almost always be a board behind the counter saying what screen each film is on, so then you find the relevant one and off you go! Some places will check/tear your ticket on the way in so keep hold of it. Then just walk into your screen and find a seat. A few places will give you an allocated seat number but in my experience this is not the norm.

If you want to go and see something really popular on the day it comes out then it's worth booking in advance but most of the time you can just walk up on the day.

If you want food/drink, you can buy it there but they are normally vastly overpriced. Most places don't like you bringing in your own food but may turn a blind eye/not notice a water bottle or something like that.
I don't really see the point of this thread. Do you really need some random internet keyboard wizards to tell you whether you should go to the cinema or not? Or is this some attention-seeking thing? But bro, I got to say that was a cool story.
Reply 5
What, not even to see The Jungle Book?

I mean everyones been to the cinema to see The Jungle Book, right?
Reply 6
Erm, go - buy ticket. sit on a seat?
Reply 7
Original post by Anonymous
Im a Medical student, and I get bored sometimes and I think there is a cinema nearby, and I dont have best friends, so ill have to go alone.

Im going to sound bonkers but in my life ive never been :frown:

What do you do?
LOL

Ive been once with school

Erm...
oh so the problem is you have nooone to go with and instead of going byyourself like a freak you doont go ata all? OUCH..ermm how about getting friends?
dont you have like any family you can go with?
there must be someone..
Reply 9
Original post by Accalia
Just go already. Harry Potter is good :smile:

I'm liking your avatar! :smile:
Original post by RNBen
Erm...

i guess what he/she is trying to say is they've never been to cinema ion tehir like own social life..school doesn't count.
Reply 11
Original post by TVC15
I'm liking your avatar! :smile:

Thank you :smile: I'm liking yours - it's David Bowie, isn't it?
Reply 12
Original post by Accalia
Thank you :smile: I'm liking yours - it's David Bowie, isn't it?

I'm just a little bit obsessed with phantom! :biggrin: And you're right!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending