The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Anonymous
I was bullied a lot in school. A few days ago, I found out that my worst bully was working the tills during specific known hours at the local supermarket ... so I decided to pay her a visit.

There was something I wanted to buy anyway for £20, so I decided to find it in the smallest change I had and buy it there from this girl. As luck would have it, I had two thousand pennies* ... so I gathered them up, went and got this item, went to her till and presented my bag of two thousand pennies.

She called her manager over and, in the conversation that followed, I said, "So let me get this straight for when I tell the papers - you're going to refuse to accept legal tender?" In the end, the manager just told this girl to count them, and it felt great watching her count all two thousand of them.

Am I mental? Who the hell collects and counts two thousand pennies, then carries them around (they're quite heavy) and then gets such satisfaction from watching someone else have to count them out to make sure there are indeed two thousand of them?

Is it bad that I felt so vindicated after this incident?

* Well, I didn't have all two thousand ... but various friends and family contributed, and I paid them in large coins, so they were happy.

You are a LEGEND. *salutes*
Reply 21
Original post by DJkG.1
Actually, as a matter of law, the money you were proposing to pay with was not legal tender - so the manager had a right to refuse you. But, thankfully he either didn't know or didn't care (or wanted more change!) so she had to count it all lol.

For your reference:

http://www.royalmint.com/corporate/policies/legal_tender_guidelines.aspx

LOVE THIS POST and love the whole thread it's funny that you actually did this and i do believe that you are strange in your idea of revenge but go you for being origional :wink: Xxx:o:E:biggrin::smile::smile::smile::smile::smile:
Reply 22
Original post by Arcanine
Legally she can just refuse to accept it. I remember reading how many of each coins you have to accept and then after you can just reject it. It was a lot less than 2000 though.

Yeah - luckily, neither she nor her manager seemed to realise that.
Original post by CoffeeStinks

Original post by CoffeeStinks
Should of knocked them on the floor after she finished counting and grabbed your item while walking out the shop victorious.

Not too embarrass you or drift off topic but "London, England, United Kingdom, Europe, Northern Hemisphere, World, Universe, Milkyway Galaxy." is wrong. If you're a physics applicant then surely you know that galaxies are in the Universe, not the other way around...
Better revenge would have been to put all those pennies in a sock and beaten her down after work.

I'm sure taking 10 minutes of her life counting coins doesn't make up for years of bullying.
Reply 25
lol, brilliant
You're a dumbass
Reply 27
Oh, that doesn't bother me. I still had to watch them count two thousand pennies in ten minutes (they weren't too smart, never were :wink:) - still felt pretty good.

"1 6 9 24 68 4 39 11 93 67.." :tongue: Now that I would have paid to see.
(edited 13 years ago)
LOL LOL well done!!
Reply 30
You really should have been one penny short and insisted that she recounted.
I was just reading this article on MSN Today:

http://money.uk.msn.com/your-cash/photos.aspx?cp-documentid=153308181&page=2

It mentions that 2p is legal tender up to and including 20p only. So if you wanted to spend more than 20p in 2 pence coins, you could be legally refused. I suppose I'd like another source to confirm this.

P.S. That wasn't revenge, that was lame.
Reply 32
Omg Id love to do that. For once im saying well done lol :biggrin:
:laugh: Unusual method of revenge, but I like it :top:. Bullies are one of the lowest life-forms ever, and should be brought down a peg or two at every opportunity :yep:
is this for real? That is vengeance? Well it's nice to know you're quite a gentle person if that makes you feel better for the bullying. Personally vengeance for me would be a little bit harsher, might make me sound bad but there we go. An example might be going through the till as normal then going to find the manager and saying that I feel really guilty so have to inform them that the person on the till goes to my school/college etc and they just offered to sell my group of friends alcohol even though we're not 18.
(edited 13 years ago)
Reply 35
Original post by joey11223
is this for real? That is vengeance? Well it's nice to know you're quite a gentle person if that makes you feel better for the bullying. Personally vengeance for me would be a little bit harsher, might make me sound bad but there we go.

I would have got no satisfaction from being violent, whereas this was quite amusing to me.
Original post by Bobifier
You win. At LIFE.

It would have been embarassing for you if you'd been a penny short. The tables would have turned!

Na, cos then he could've just said nvm and whipped out a twenty ;D
Reply 37
Who the hell collects and counts two thousand pennies, then carries them around

You're not the first to do this...

Yeah it is quite funny but did she actually remember you from school and see it as revenge. Far better would be to just walk in and punch her in the face. Why did she bully you? I take it you are a girl as well.
Reply 39
That did occur to me, but I made sure. Multiple times.

so they were getting paid by the hour, for counting the money, but you had counted it multiple times beforehand, without getting paid?
sounds like you came off worse tbh :rolleyes:

Latest

Trending

Trending