The Student Room Group

Is there anything your parents don't know about you that they really ought to?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 40
I'm a triple agent working for North Korea, Greenland and Peru simultaneously. My real name will be revealed in one of Mr Assange's hooky gibberings.

On a serious note, there's quite a few things actually, stuff I'd rather not go into.
been with my bf for 8 months, but i wont bother coz shes african and i dont want beats :rofl2:
Reply 42
Original post by Persephone9
That I like girls too, but I will probably eventually tell them. If it happens that I'm in a relatively long term relationship with a girl, I probably wouldn't tell them about a relationship with a boy either unless it was also relatively long term.

I also have 3 piercings they don't know about.

:dry: But like - I mean like- cos ur face is -so like........... oh :K:
Reply 43
Nah.
Reply 44
Something every guy has to hide from their parents.
no there's nothing about me that is particularly significant that my parents don't know about me. I don't have any major secrets.

My mother doesn't understand me though, and I don't really understand her. Well.....I DO understand her.....she's very predictable.....but I don't understand WHY she does the things that she does.

As for my dad, he understands me, but again I don't understand why he does the things that he does. His attitude baffles me sometimes, though not as much as my mam.

I'd like to think I'm more mentally grounded than my parents are.
Reply 46
I told my parents I'm gay and my mum still said "You can have a sleepover with your friends...as long as they're not male." WTF. I think she's in denial still :frown:

I haven't told my parents the extent to which I talk to people online/watch TV online. And I haven't told them I've met a friend irl that I met online, either. Because they'd freak even though A) she's only a year older than me and B) I've met about 8 times...so far :P
Reply 47
No.
Original post by AbiSmith93
I told my parents I'm gay and my mum still said "You can have a sleepover with your friends...as long as they're not male." WTF. I think she's in denial still :frown:

I haven't told my parents the extent to which I talk to people online/watch TV online. And I haven't told them I've met a friend irl that I met online, either. Because they'd freak even though A) she's only a year older than me and B) I've met about 8 times...so far :P

Lolll, my mum was exactly like this too.

"Mum, I'm gay"
"Darling why are you upset? You know I love you and I just want you to be happy!"

6 months later

"Mum I'm going to the cinema with Craig I'll be back about midnight"
"Ooh, who's Craig, is he your boyfriend?"

:facepalm:
Nope not really, Im very boring
I was raped, i've done drugs, had sex, i have a boyfriend of 1 year, suffer from depression
Well, they actually know now since I told them I was pregnant last week.
But before that they though I was a virgin who slept in my boyfriends sisters room when I stayed over...

I don't tell my parents anything.
I even managed to hide horrific self harm scars for 2 years. They don't know me at all...ah sad me.
Original post by c0nfus3d
Really? How far along?

About 3 months.
My Dad doesn't know I self harmed when I was younger.

Neither of my parents know I used to suffer from anorexia, or that I was raped :-/ -hardly anyone does..xx
Reply 54
Original post by M1F2R3
Smoking, trouble with the law, what really happened to my laptop.

what really happened to your laptop? :wink:
I'm bisexual. I don't really feel the need to tell them though, it would just upset them.
Original post by M1F2R3
Smoking, trouble with the law, what really happened to my laptop.

I'm intrigued, do tell :holmes:
There are lots of thinkgs my parents don't know. My dad wouldn't understand and probably turn everything aroud to be my fault and my mum would probably have a break down. To be honest, nobody knows the extent of my problems/secrets apart from my boyfriend.
Original post by SuperSam_Fantastiche
Lolll, my mum was exactly like this too.

"Mum, I'm gay"
"Darling why are you upset? You know I love you and I just want you to be happy!"

6 months later

"Mum I'm going to the cinema with Craig I'll be back about midnight"
"Ooh, who's Craig, is he your boyfriend?"

:facepalm:

I think the issue, especially with teenage girls, is that some will assume it's just a teenage phase, confusion basically. Some may decide they are bi-sexual when they're 14-17 but after a few years they've sort of grown out of it and stuck to one gender, generally the opposite sex.

You'll just have to get a girlfriend and kiss passionately in the same room as your parents, but even that might not work.:tongue:
Lol they don't know about the bodies in our loft or the .38 snub in the cistern.I bet they don't even know that the banging under the floor isn't acually a dickie boiler.......I told the jehovahs witnesses but oh no she didn't say Christmas is a lie sheeesh

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending