The Student Room Group

Is there anything your parents don't know about you that they really ought to?

Scroll to see replies

Nope. I'm boring. I don't think they would be too happy if they knew I was on here but it's not something they need to know, is it. I do wonder if I will end up going off the rails at some point and go through a drug filled, gay sex crazed phase. :s-smilie:
Original post by Bella Occhi
I'm intrigued, do tell :holmes:

just to say that vid in your sig is great, really great.:biggrin:
Original post by joey11223
I think the issue, especially with teenage girls, is that some will assume it's just a teenage phase, confusion basically. Some may decide they are bi-sexual when they're 14-17 but after a few years they've sort of grown out of it and stuck to one gender, generally the opposite sex.

You'll just have to get a girlfriend and kiss passionately in the same room as your parents, but even that might not work.:tongue:

Yeah, except I didn't say I was bisexual, I said I was gay, and I told her I'd known it since I was 12 :wink: but stillll.....is Craig my boyfriend? lol.

Don't worry - she realised I was serious when she decided to come into my room without knocking one afternoon when my "friend" was over... :facepalm:

I swear I'll be a more clued up parent than this.
Original post by Fandabidoze!
Nope. I'm boring. I don't think they would be too happy if they knew I was on here but it's not something they need to know, is it. I do wonder if I will end up going off the rails at some point and go through a drug filled, gay sex crazed phase. :s-smilie:

Go for it, might spice things up somewhat, and it'll be something to tell the grandkids!
Reply 64
I am adopted. I just don't know how to break it to them.
...it'd crush them :no:
Original post by SuperSam_Fantastiche
Yeah, except I didn't say I was bisexual, I said I was gay

Don't worry - she realised I was serious when she decided to come into my room without knocking one afternoon when my "friend" was over... :facepalm:

I swear I'll be a more clued up parent than this.

Gay and bi-sexual mean the same thing to parents who don't want to hear it.

Lol I imagine them like "Kids these days with there lesbianism malarkey and Ipads!":tongue:
Original post by SuperSam_Fantastiche
Go for it, might spice things up somewhat, and it'll be something to tell the grandkids!

True. However, wouldn't the gay sex thing put grandkids out of the equation?
God, that's one sentence I thought I'd never post.
Yeah, because I am so mysterious and cool. :cool:
Reply 68
My parents dont know that I'm a Super Saiyan.
I kept the fact I had a boyfriend from them for two years. They know now, well at least my mum does but she denies it.
I'm sexually active and have been for over 3 years.
I'm not muslim and don't believe in any of the religion at all whatsoever(that's the biggie).
Sexually active/drink? Sorry if this is TMI for anyone also but I never told my mum when I started my period, like maybe 3 or 4 years ago. We've never ever been remotely close so I told my sister and just got on with it.

My mum also pretty much just assumes I have never been drunk. Once in the supermarket, I said to my sister something like "Corona is the only beer I can drink without gipping." and my mum was just like "How on earth would you know?! You've never drunk before!" plus she's always saying things about "teenage sluts" and how glad she is that I'm sensible and wouldn't do that kind of thing.

She's pretty old fashioned though and not particularly intelligent in that respect (can't count the amount of times I've come home still drunk. Once I was crying with make-up all down my face and was wailing to her about how upset I was over something. She didn't smell the booze or realise I was drunk. Funny.) My dad knows though, but they're divorced/he doesn't really care.

Also, I have really bad anxiety issues and I find it hard to go out in public with my mum (for completely unrelated reasons, btw) she has no idea at all, but it's very difficult sometimes :frown:
Occasionally poppers and weed.. I have a mum who is very against that. My Dad.. Okay thread, you have persuaded me to tell my Dad, he's open about that kind of thing. Shouldn't be a biggy for him.

Hmm. That's it, I think.
Um I think I'm bi...Lol well I've kissed many girls and boys and think about both of them :P Confused about that one, oh and I'm not a virgin anymore :colondollar:
um...everything? :colondollar:
Reply 74
I'm a Harry Potter fan

Lol, jk
(edited 13 years ago)
Reply 75
Original post by Pinball_heart
That I've broken 9 out of the 10 commandments.
Gutted.

I'm hoping that the one you haven't broken is murder?
Original post by Fandabidoze!
True. However, wouldn't the gay sex thing put grandkids out of the equation?
God, that's one sentence I thought I'd never post.

Last time I went on wikipedia, taking it up the arse for a deranged part of your adolescence doesn't render you impotent, so grandkids can happen later :wink:
Reply 77

That I am a rentboy. And gay.
Reply 78
I self mutilate and I'm generally unhappy. That's all, I suppose. Noone can know all the intricacies of your mind, other than yourself.

My parents and I don't have much of an open relationship. When I'm at home we'll be around it other but we don't speak. I get on with them, most of the time, but despite how often I am around them I feel quite distant. They know things about me that only they and I know, but that's not saying much because I don't have any friends. I don't think this will ever change, inculding the friends situation.
(edited 13 years ago)
Reply 79
the only thing I can think of is that I used to do weed lots and I've one cocaine. I'm a lot more open with them about my life now so everything more recent they know pretty much, althou.gh there are things that they think I should of told them sooner. for example then think I should of told them when I was considering changing my A level choices not after I did it

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending