The Student Room Group

What are the most allegedly haunted universities?

Thanks. =]

Scroll to see replies

Oxbridge, definitely.
Aberdeen

Reply 3
Generally the Ancient universities, for obvious reasons, if you believe in that sort of stuff.

Apparently York is the one of the most haunted cities in the world, and although the city is a little bit of a trek from the main York campus, maybe all the ghosts like to chill out there now and then?

Original post by RamocitoMorales
Aberdeen

So a bunch of random pictures annoyingly cluttering up the page proves what now?
Reply 4
This may be the worst possible way of choosing what uni to go to.
Reply 5
Aberdeen

:facepalm2: not the Aberdeen fapping again.
Reply 6
Original post by El_Sid
Or is it?

Indeed. It is sometimes difficult enough to get some work done or get a good night's sleep with the noise students make in halls, least you be haunted by those annoying ghosts.
Aberdeen

All you've done is just post images of your university at night time.
Queen Mary actually has its own grave yard.

And these are for the hell of it:

Reply 8
Aberdeen looks both creepy and beautiful at the same time!

Ive heard that Keele is haunted.
Aberdeen

You do this as a joke now, don't you?
Original post by hollywoodbudgie
Queen Mary actually has its own grave yard.

You've obviously failed to spot the tomb of William Elphinstone in the third picture. :rolleyes:

Spoiler

You've obviously failed to spot the tomb of William Elphinstone in the third picture. :rolleyes:

Spoiler

This is William Elphinstone:

Spoiler

Whereas our graves contain symbols like this:

...Which are symbolic of the pirates who may have lived flourished in Mile End in the 1600s before 'the Golden Fryer' became Mile End's capital.

Oh yer, I really think the ghost of William Elphinstone with his Bishop action fighting hat would be much scarier than the ghost of all those pirates (and Abraham Fernandez Carvajal, the founder of the modern Anglo-Jewish community, Haman David Nieto, a Sephardic spiritual leader and the physician Dr. Fernando Mendes) and a lot of other Jewish people.
(edited 13 years ago)
This is William Elphinstone:

(Who btw was also the Dean of the Faculty of Arts at the University of Glasgow and studied there, so if he was a ghost, he'd probably be haunting Glasgow more- it being a nicer looking uni and all).

William Elphinstone is the founder of King's College, Aberdeen. Hence he is the founder of the University of Aberdeen. His tomb is in King's College. Hence his tomb is in the University of Aberdeen. Hence his ghost wonders the University of Aberdeen.

Did I really need to spell that out for you? :sigh:

There's a picture for you incase you can't read.
Lancaster, apparently accomodation rooms are haunted (things get thrown about by the ghosts), didn't St Andrews have a legend where an wizard got his heart taken by the devil and that's why one of the buildings is a circular in shape?
William Elphinstone is the founder of King's College, Aberdeen. Hence he is the founder of the University of Aberdeen. His tomb is in King's College. Hence his tomb is in the University of Aberdeen. Hence his ghost wonders the University of Aberdeen.

Did I really need to spell that out for you? :sigh:

There's a picture for you incase you can't read.

I was merely pointing out that he spent more of his life studying and teaching at Glasgow:

...hence his ghost may be there.

But fair enough, as he is the founder of Aberdeen and his tomb is there, it probably would be more likely that he lurks at Aberdeen.

My point that QMUL is more haunted still stands though.

You have one ghost. We have hundreds. :top:
But fair enough, as he is the founder of Aberdeen and his tomb is there, it probably would be more likely that he lurks there.

What the hell's your point? I've spent most of my time in London, that doesn't stop me from lurking in Aberdeen. :rolleyes:

hollywoodbudgie
You have one ghost. We have hundreds. :top:

I just went out for a jog and saw a ghost. I managed to take a picture of it before I started to run for dear life.

You don't even have any evidence.
Original post by Potiron

Those are really rather cool.

Tell that to RamocitoMorales :wink2:
Tell that to RamocitoMorales :wink2:

So I went back to check on that ghost, and you would believe what I saw,

Spoiler

(edited 13 years ago)

Spoiler

To be honest, those pictures you have posted look a tad photoshopped.
Reply 19

Spoiler

I think Aberdeen would like you to remove your dick from its ass.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending