The Student Room Group

Medlink 2010

Scroll to see replies

Reply 140
Original post by Fission_Mailed
There is of course one benefit to attending Medlink...

If you get into med school, you can use your cheapo stethoscope for fancy dress rather than risking the one you spent £50-60 on.

This is true, however my mate met his girlfriend there - they are now expecting a baby on christmas day! So swings and roundabouts. The guy is still applying to medicine! She isn't though. Medlink baby, who would have thought?
Reply 141
Original post by Organ
This is true, however my mate met his girlfriend there - they are now expecting a baby on christmas day! So swings and roundabouts. The guy is still applying to medicine! She isn't though. Medlink baby, who would have thought?

Holy ****! :lolwut:
Reply 142
Original post by Beska
Holy ****! :lolwut:

I'm not kidding, he is a lovely guy as well. That said, he got a massive UKCAT and has had more interviews than me, so I can't be too smug.
despite all the negative comments (which i should have read before applying..DAMMIT,im going to miss that moneyy)

im going on the 15th-18th one...

so anyone whose going on that one,PM me?
:smile:

gonna be good to see you all soon :smile:
Reply 144
I feel like I am wasting money and I don't think its fair that people have said only the very rich are going. I am not at all rich and for me this is a great deal of money. Hopefully, as someone said, you make what you can out of it!! I'm hoping it will be at least a bit useful!
I'm going the 15th- 18th and I'm in Florence Boot Hall. Anyone else?
Also is the pathology any more useful than the rest?
I did the pathology part with a couple of my friends and I thought it was better than the rest. It's not THAT much better but I thought it was more interesting. The research paper is a pretty good experience aswell. I don't know what you guys are doing it on this year though.

My tips for Medlink:

-Make friends and have a laugh.
- Make sure you keep around 20 quid for pizza. We bought 8 boxes one night.
- Table football is your friend.
- If you go to bed...then you're missing out on a lot of fun.
- Go to other halls... especially Cavendish.
Reply 146
Im going on the 15th to 19th and staying in ancaster hall :smile:
Im attending the pathology so i hope its all worth it :s-smilie:
Reply 147
why would you go for fun for one weekend, when you can spend the £250 on ten weekends having fun?

ony an idiot would go there for fun, when they are actually going there for categorically 1/10th of the fun they would have had by going to ten other places or events with the same money.

i mean, £250, thats tickets to five big music concerts, three days out to other cities, a trip to a european city and two double cinema trips.#

what ****ing complete twit would call losing that as fun?
(edited 13 years ago)
Reply 148
Heyy im going too on the 15th not long left now

im in st alberts hall :smile:

Best bit is - only paid £70
Reply 149
Original post by izzyA
Heyy im going too on the 15th not long left now

im in st alberts hall :smile:

Best bit is - only paid £70

Is that you ezaz enjoy your trip even though it might be a bit s!$£ !
Reply 150
Who was it who got nicked? :colone:
Original post by Renal
Who was it who got nicked? :colone:

At medlink?! :eek:
Reply 152
Original post by colabottles
At medlink?! :eek:
Or out on the lash whilst wearing very little in Nottingham.
Reply 153
Lectures were such bull****. Had fun in the evenings though :wink:
Reply 154
Original post by GoonerKaz
Lectures were such bull****.
Don't say you weren't warned.
Reply 155
I'm surprised how many people didn't like the lectures. I thought they were, at the very least, entertaining. I'm pretty sure that Gary Craven guy (also called James,) was an actor though. Funny guy.

I think the best things I got out of Medlink were:

I DEFINITELY want to do medicine now. I get all excited when I think about it.
I really want to do phlebotomy during the Summer as a job.
The "So you want to be a doctor?" book. Probably one of the greatest medicine books I've ever read.
The people. Everyone was so nice. Although I came with three friends, I met loads of extra people (mostly because of what Gary said at the start.)
I feel like I have a better idea about which parts of medicine interest me. I think radiology could be fun. I like technology, and I can see that working really well as I will get to meet patients and do all the biology stuff I love.
(edited 13 years ago)
Reply 156
Original post by Gizmo!
why would you go for fun for one weekend, when you can spend the £250 on ten weekends having fun?

ony an idiot would go there for fun, when they are actually going there for categorically 1/10th of the fun they would have had by going to ten other places or events with the same money.

i mean, £250, thats tickets to five big music concerts, three days out to other cities, a trip to a european city and two double cinema trips.#

what ****ing complete twit would call losing that as fun?

What kind of ****ty 'big' music concert costs only 50 quid? :lolwut:
Reply 157
Original post by Beska
What kind of ****ty 'big' music concert costs only 50 quid? :lolwut:

Uhh they usually do go for around that much...
Reply 158
Original post by Toppy
Funny guy.

Cos he is laughing all the way to the bank ££££££

Gary Craven sounds like a ****. He does the psyc & law talks as well.

Original post by GoonerKaz
Lectures were such bull****. Had fun in the evenings though :wink:

You don't have to go to medlink to get pissed and touch girls :wink::wink:
(edited 13 years ago)
Reply 159
Craven was a ****. Everybody bought into what he said. He was essentially a motivational speaker and a perv. Made me sick listening to him while everybody else drooled over the **** he was coming out with.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending