The Student Room Group

Hearing Family Members have sex..

Hi,
Please keep anon, don't want to embarrass her.

I'm stuck in my room right now.. because all I can hear is little sister go at it with her boyfriend and their room is beside mine.. cardboard walls and all that. Desperate for the loo but stuck in here 'til they've finished.

Basically, is this normal? She lives at home, I'm at home from Uni right now. She spends EVERY DAY with her boyfriend (he's 22, she's 18) - they sleep together either at his house or our house every night but my parents aren't happy with it. First of all, my stepdad has heard it too and is totally freaked out and afraid to move about the house after 9 incase he hears it again. My mother isn't happy having the guy hanging around all the time AND my mother has just had a baby a few months ago, so she's obviously tired.

She's been talked by my mum about having sex when we can hear it, she clearly hasn't listened..

I come home for the weekend every month or two, and my sister always tells me not to have dinner because we'll get a takeaway and watch a movie or go out when I do come.. so I look forward to it, don't eat whatever.. and then she ALWAYS changes her mind and his him over for sex that we can all hear or goes out.

We live in a little house with the thinnest walls and everyone can hear EVERYTHING. Nobody is happy about this, she has highers she is revising for yet this boy who is older than her is never away from her side.

Has anyone else ever had to deal with this? It's awful. I'm scarred for life - I know everyone has sex, I live with my boyfriend.. but this is pretty selfish. Nobody wants to hear that every night of the week.

Scroll to see replies

Tell her to shut up.

Also, thin walls are for poor people.

Edit: ITT: poor people who wish they had thicker walls
(edited 13 years ago)
Reply 2
LOL.

Um, stop being so prudish about sex? She's an adult, it's what she wants. As long as she's not a screamer or at it all night/ridiculous hours I think you should be more tolerant tbh.
Original post by Nick Longjohnson
Tell her to shut up.

Also, thin walls are for poor people.

That would be pretty embarrassing for her. And yep, the house is like a big(ish) cardboard box. Not good.
Reply 4
Original post by Anonymous
Hi,
Please keep anon, don't want to embarrass her.

I'm stuck in my room right now.. because all I can hear is little sister go at it with her boyfriend and their room is beside mine.. cardboard walls and all that. Desperate for the loo but stuck in here 'til they've finished.

Basically, is this normal? She lives at home, I'm at home from Uni right now. She spends EVERY DAY with her boyfriend (he's 22, she's 18) - they sleep together either at his house or our house every night but my parents aren't happy with it. First of all, my stepdad has heard it too and is totally freaked out and afraid to move about the house after 9 incase he hears it again. My mother isn't happy having the guy hanging around all the time AND my mother has just had a baby a few months ago, so she's obviously tired.

She's been talked by my mum about having sex when we can hear it, she clearly hasn't listened..

I come home for the weekend every month or two, and my sister always tells me not to have dinner because we'll get a takeaway and watch a movie or go out when I do come.. so I look forward to it, don't eat whatever.. and then she ALWAYS changes her mind and his him over for sex that we can all hear or goes out.

We live in a little house with the thinnest walls and everyone can hear EVERYTHING. Nobody is happy about this, she has highers she is revising for yet this boy who is older than her is never away from her side.

Has anyone else ever had to deal with this? It's awful. I'm scarred for life - I know everyone has sex, I live with my boyfriend.. but this is pretty selfish. Nobody wants to hear that every night of the week.

Just tell her you enjoy listening to it and ask if she could be louder as it helps turn you on...

If that don't stop her then she has issues
Reply 5
Tell her in a much more up front way, get the rest of the fam around to help you do it, maybe all sit down together at a decided time. Genuinely not on :s-smilie:
Reply 6
If you can't beat them, join them ... literally.
Reply 7
Original post by BoxesAndBangles
That would be pretty embarrassing for her. And yep, the house is like a big(ish) cardboard box. Not good.

Anon fail
Original post by Blueflare
LOL.

Um, stop being so prudish about sex? She's an adult, it's what she wants. As long as she's not a screamer or at it all night/ridiculous hours I think you should be more tolerant tbh.

She's nearly 18 and doesn't pay digs/food... If she's an adult why can't she find somewhere else to do it every night? Why doesn't he have a flat at 22? It's just uncomfortable.

I wouldn't consider myself prudish at all, I just thought it was common decency not to have sex when you know other people can hear you, especially when your stepdad and very tired mother with a 3 month old are suffering for it.
Original post by Ben77mc
Anon fail

Hahaha ooops.
Reply 10
Get your mum to have another - firmer - word with her tbh. Not really your place to comment on it to her I suppose - but pretty disrespectfull of her to be doing that sound loudly in her family home. As I was so often lectured lol, when you have your own place, you can live by your own rules... :tongue:.
Reply 11
Original post by Ben77mc
Anon fail

Maybe that's her way of being more up front with her sister, if she's on here. She can then claim it was all an accident.
Reply 12
I don't know why you can't move about the house? :erm: Just get over it and go to the toilet if you need to!

Also, talk to her about it and tell them to be a bit quieter, or at least wait until you're all asleep.
Original post by Roocky
Tell her in a much more up front way, get the rest of the fam around to help you do it, maybe all sit down together at a decided time. Genuinely not on :s-smilie:

Thanks! Glad you understand... she IS only 17 (nearly 18) and should be worrying about other things. Not saying she shouldn't do it all.. just not every night shamelessly with disregard.. I mean my mum just had a baby. She wants to be able to get up in the night and walk around in her dressing gown and bla bla without my sisters boyfriend here all the bloody time.
Reply 14
Original post by bewafa
If you can't beat them, join them ... literally.

Defo man, keep it in the family, best policy...

:lolwut:
Reply 15
Original post by BoxesAndBangles

I like your username.
Reply 16
Original post by Blueflare
LOL.

They all live in the same house, it's obvious that she is too loud as it is causing issues for the entire family. Not just the OP.

She's within her own rights to expect a little discretion, it's just common decency after all. When I was living at home I would always think about who was around before going at it with the girlfriend.

You'd honestly be cool with hearing your brother/sister go at it all day everyday with their partner and have no issues at all? Come on, lets get real.
(edited 13 years ago)
Original post by ily_em
I don't know why you can't move about the house? :erm: Just get over it and go to the toilet if you need to!

Also, talk to her about it and tell them to be a bit quieter, or at least wait until you're all asleep.

Because her room is closer to the bathroom than my room, and I just don't want to hear it in even clearer detail. Also not into the embarrass them while they're doing it thing.. I don't want to be mean.

Yeah, I might talk to her about it. But I just feel like it's not my place and dont' want to make her ashamed. Just wish she'd wise up a bit. If she's mature enough to be having sex (which she should be at her age) she shouldn't be acting so immature as she goes about it (she acts like a 13 yr old sometimes)..
1. Get video camera
2. Place it in good view of bed
3. Wait for them to enter room/initiate coital
4. Distribute video on TSR
5. ????????
6. Profit.

(666th post had to be a banger)
(edited 13 years ago)
Reply 19
It's one of those things that you probably hear about but never, ever talk about. You wouldn't want somebody mentioning it to you if you were in your sister's situation.

Latest

Trending

Trending