The Student Room Group

I Fancy my teacher, HELP!

Hi, I have a big crush on an English teacher at my school, he doesn't actually teach me for anything, but we're good friends and i think he might like me. I'll tell you what he does and you guys give a verdict?
He talks to me every day, specially coming to see me to talk to me, he lets me call him by his first name, he has occasionally called me love, and lets me call him all sorts of pet names. He's very friendly and has helped me out a lot in the year or so that i've known him, we hang out out of school sometimes, and I once asked him for a coffee, and he said 'not tonight, but maybe another night' Do you guys think he likes me and what can I do about it? (I'm 18 and in year 13) thanks :smile:

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
No he doesn't. :nah:

How old is he by the way? :holmes:

Is he single? :curious:

He might have a girlfriend or even a boyfriend? :ninja:
(edited 13 years ago)
No he doesnt like you, its just a crush move on woman
Reply 3
inb4 50+
Reply 4
Even if you are 18, he still shouldn't be acting that way towards a pupil....

Why the negs!? Surely I didn't offend anyone by saying that a student and a teacher shouldn't be getting involved..
(edited 11 years ago)
LOL, you'll look back at this thread in 6 months and cringe.. it'll be one of those "what da f***kkkk was i thinking" moments

dont do anything you'll regret

neg: the truth hurts
(edited 13 years ago)
yes it seems he likes you but how old is this guy and what would your schoolmates and other staff say? Is this really the right time for this when you have a huge amount of choices ahead of you? If I was your teacher I wouldn't even consider anything like it until you had left the school.

No offence meant but it seems like you're asking for trouble if you pursued this avenue as such...
Reply 7
He sees you outside of school?

WTF. How on Earth did that situation arise?

You do realise what he is doing is wrong?
Reply 8
Wait 'til you're at uni for the student/teacher liaisons :wink:
Reply 9
Original post by Kasc
inb4 50+

This.
Reply 10
You're 18?! When I read it I assumed you were about 15.
Reply 11
Original post by Magicalbluebadger
yes it seems he likes you but how old is this guy

He's 30, just.
Well now obviously we have a rapist in Lincoln park....Hes climin in your windows rapin your people.....hide ur kids hide your wife....

Your sick, yuk 50+ there is this thing called ERECTILE DYSFUNCTION....you could ruin both your lives.....but....it would make me laugh if it was on the news.
Reply 13
Original post by Teveth

Not regularly, we hang around in town after inter-school debates, that sort of thing. there's nothing untoward happening between us. yet. :wink: On a serious note though, i don't feel he is doing anything wrong. He hasn't been touching me up, or trying anything on with me, i just wanted to know if he could be attracted to me.
Original post by Teveth

Teachers can have a relationship with pupils as long as they are 18+ , any lower and the teacher (if found out) could be prosecuted.

Now as much as it sounds wrong in your eyes, previous threads show that girls her age and even lower have been in (sexual)relationships with guys older than 30.
Reply 15
Original post by Leahcar
Paaaaeeeedddoooo.. Even if you are 18, he still shouldn't be acting that way towards a pupil....

Omg he said maybe another time and that makes him a paedo? Maybe he was just trying not to embarrass the original poster by saying something more polite?
Original post by LazLuvsLife
Hi, I have a big crush on an English teacher at my school, he doesn't actually teach me for anything, but we're good friends and i think he might like me. I'll tell you what he does and you guys give a verdict?
He talks to me every day, specially coming to see me to talk to me, he lets me call him by his first name, he has occasionally called me love, and lets me call him all sorts of pet names. He's very friendly and has helped me out a lot in the year or so that i've known him, we hang out out of school sometimes, and I once asked him for a coffee, and he said 'not tonight, but maybe another night' Do you guys think he likes me and what can I do about it? (I'm 18 and in year 13) thanks :smile:

I might or he could like in a teacher-student relationship kind of way. There are loads of guys your own age, they're the guys you want to be chasing and asking out for coffee.
Reply 17
Original post by Kasc
inb4 50+

What/who is 50+?
Reply 18
peesh talkin about inappropriiaaatee my old school head teacher used to find any way possible to talk to me on my own. he used to tell me i was beautiful and i was gorgeous. yukh he's like in his late 40s atleaast and is married with kids :/
and to top it off he cornered me into a wall n told me not to '****' with him otherwise he wouldnt write me a good reference for uni!!
Reply 19
Original post by Willum Infanta
Teachers can have a relationship with pupils as long as they are 18+ , any lower and the teacher (if found out) could be prosecuted.

Now as much as it sounds wrong in your eyes, previous threads show that girls her age and even lower have been in (sexual)relationships with guys older than 30.

thanks for clearing that one up, I was unsure of the laws, although there wouldn't be much point, off to uni in september, although I suppose there could be potential for a long distance... if he likes me...

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending