The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Birmingham I imagine. Isn't that the next biggest city in England?
Bognor Regis.
Bristol. :smile:
Reply 4
manchester best place in england tbh
Pakistan
Reply 6
Think its Birmingham, though without London we would have basically no economy anyway
Reply 7
bumo
(edited 13 years ago)
Reply 8
Original post by HumanNature1992
Pakistan

So that is bradford I guess.
Reply 9
If London was destroyed, it would just be rebuilt again and still be captial. If England changed its capital, Birmingham would have the best shot at taking it.
Reply 10
Historically Winchester has served as the Capital city. I would imagine however it would be wherever Parliament could set up and run the country from!
Interesting question... apart from size, what is it about Birmingham that makes it so likely?

Manchester has more stuff in it, doesn't it? I'd want Manchester.
Reply 12
They might aswell just relocate our capital city to the US, we're already so far up their asses.
Reply 13
Birmingham obviously, by size and population. Manchester would be second contender, but its population is ridiculously small, less than half of Birmingham's. Pretty sure there are other city's with bigger populations than Manchester.
Reply 14
Edinburgh.
Reply 15
Bristol.

Its better than any other city in the UK including Dublin, Newcastle and Brighton..which are the only 3 cities in the UK im not embarrassed to say i like and London is stupidly over rated.

I know Dublin isnt in the UK lol... The British Isles... its a nice place anyway :biggrin:
(edited 13 years ago)
Cambridge or Oxford (even though they're not very big, although size shouldn't always determine where are what the capital city should be).
Reply 17
The capital of whichever bastards' country destroyed it.
Reply 18
Original post by Omg!Rly?
Didn't know LONDON was capital of BRITAIN

:lolwut:, really?

Original post by EggmanD
Bristol.

Its better than any other city in the UK including Dublin, Newcastle and Brighton..which are the only 3 cities in the UK im not embarrassed to say i like and London is stupidly over rated.

:teehee: geography fail

Anyway, I wouldn't nominate Edinburgh because the Scottish Parliament already has their base here. How about Oxford or somewhere like that?
Reply 19
Original post by CookieDoughLove
Birmingham I imagine. Isn't that the next biggest city in England?

lulz..
What has size got to do with it?

Latest

Trending

Trending