The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
Original post by alharrison4
That was my view once as well, but apparently you do need to take it reaally slowly. As I said, it depends on your starting weight; if you're only 10st to start with, 2lb every week would be quite rapid. Also, simply cutting out junk food and snacks is not a realistic plan that can be maintained once the weight is off; doing it slowly gives you time to adjust to a new lifestyle.

That's why I mentioned exercise. 2lbs isn't rapid at all. 500-calorie daily diet deficit plus an hour of swimming or jogging once a day - it's not a particularly strenuous regime. Of course the idea is to change your lifestyle / diet habits alongside losing weight, but there's no reason you can't do that when you're losing 2lbs a week. Less than that? You could lose 1lb a week just by skipping breakfast, and ultimately change nothing about your lifestyle :s-smilie:
Original post by AmyJ
That's why I mentioned exercise. 2lbs isn't rapid at all. 500-calorie daily diet deficit plus an hour of swimming or jogging once a day - it's not a particularly strenuous regime. Of course the idea is to change your lifestyle / diet habits alongside losing weight, but there's no reason you can't do that when you're losing 2lbs a week. Less than that? You could lose 1lb a week just by skipping breakfast, and ultimately change nothing about your lifestyle :s-smilie:

Whatever works for everyone I guess; personally I've found I lose weight best, and keep it off more effectively, when I do it slowly.
Reply 22
Original post by starr_loca
hey mate if your serious check out lipotrim, i lost like 2 stone in the summer, then stopped for uni, back on lookin to lose the other 2stones by christmas, it honestly works

i'm considering the lipotrim diet but i was wondering when you reach your target weight with the shakes how do you stop the weight from coming back when you start eating real food again?
Original post by tr12
i'm considering the lipotrim diet but i was wondering when you reach your target weight with the shakes how do you stop the weight from coming back when you start eating real food again?

It would be quite difficult to get the balance right, and you'd have to eat a lower amount of calories that you ate before the diet.. so you might as well just get a healthy diet in the first place!
Reply 24
Well to put it in my perspective:
Im: 1.83m, originally 102kg and have dropped down to 95.2kg in 40 days, by simply calorie counting with "My Fitness Pal" - it's free online/Android and IOS devices.
I think my goals set were to lose 1-2lb per week in which i calculated i could eat 1800kcal, then i just simply dropped off to 1700kcal and have eaten to that ever since.

So yes, 3 months is very doable assuming the person is quite heavy with a high bodyfat percentage but for the average joe's out there, its not attainable by eating healthily!

*If any of you have/want to join Myfitnesspal, add me as a friend... nickname = krhn (remember to say your from TSR)*
(edited 11 years ago)
I am 13 years old soon 14 i weigh 12 stones and want to lose 4 whole stones so i decided in 3 months i lose 2 stones pls help
I lost 2 stone in just over a month by running 10-15 miles per week, cutting out non wholemeal carbs completely and drinking apple cider vinegar twice a day. I ate salad instead of chips, drank water instead of coke and ate lots of lean high protein food like fresh fish and chicken breast. I did use to be very underweight though and only started over eating in the first place to intentionally gain weight, so what I’m saying is my natural body type lends itself well to weight loss. Your mileage may very.
(edited 5 years ago)
depends on each individual and body
I have a moderately active job went to the gym 4 times a week trained hard kept a decent diet and I dropped 3 stone in just over 3 months, felt like collapsing some days after the gym but it's worth it in the end.
If you are anywhere near my age (43) AND have female hormones multiply this. Don't feel bad about this. Who ****ing cares. I've been losing weight since 20/7/20. Took 7 weeks to lose 1/2 stone, 4 more to make the stone. Then 8 more weeks for the last 1/2 stone. I've been myfitnesspal 1200 cal per day, lots of exercise, 1 day off per week. Would like to lose another 1.5 stone. Long haul. You have time.
Original post by sarcasticlion
If you are anywhere near my age (43) AND have female hormones multiply this. Don't feel bad about this. Who ****ing cares. I've been losing weight since 20/7/20. Took 7 weeks to lose 1/2 stone, 4 more to make the stone. Then 8 more weeks for the last 1/2 stone. I've been myfitnesspal 1200 cal per day, lots of exercise, 1 day off per week. Would like to lose another 1.5 stone. Long haul. You have time.

You are bumping a 9 year old thread.
Original post by 999tigger
You are bumping a 9 year old thread.

Let’s hope op has achieved their goals by now

Latest