The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Newport!

A serious answer would be Manchester.
Reply 61
Obviously the city in which i am typing this in. Multicultural so it reflects the England of today and it's just a generally important city.

Bristol?

Wtf?
Leeds.

It's the second most important financial and commercial hub in the UK, even ahead of Edinburgh, and it's quite central relative to other major urban areas.

Perhaps Bristol, Birmingham or Manchester for their size. Leicester is tiny compared to most other cities but it's bang in the middle of England - so . . . you know :biggrin:
Leeds :yes: xx
Reply 64
Original post by davidmarsh01
Well it is. Moron.

You my friend are a moron. Britain doesn't have a capital city, the United Kingdom does.
Create a planned capital city like Brasilia,Ottawa or Canberra.
Move government offices to a variety of cities (tresuary - Leeds) (environment - bristol) (home office n immigration - Birmingham) (foreign office - Liverpool etc etc) during the build. Then create a planned city somewhere more central.... I'm taking it that heathrow is destroyed to??
I'd build between Oxford and Milton Keynes...
Reply 66
Manchester.
Or maybe York.

I think, anyway.
York would be rad. It's kinda tiny though.
Wolverhampton - it's the clear choice.
Little Piddle :smile:
(real place btw)

For your sporting needs,

not to mention loads of places to take part in sport yourself ( White water rafting centre, Cardiff International Swimming Pool, Cardiff Ice Hockey stadium ( a new one is being planned)

The new houses of parliament?

For the cultured.

For the women , a brand new giant shopping centre with the 2nd biggest John Lewis in the country .( it's only recently opened so not many photos on Google)

An amazing park right in the city centre

Even a freaking castle in the city centre again!

Loads more I cba to post, an amazing city.
(edited 13 years ago)
Reply 71
Well seen as though Yorkshire is the king of all countys, it would have to be York. :biggrin:

Or Huddersfield?
Reply 72
Birmingham
Original post by 786girl
So that is bradford I guess.

Absolute lol
Reply 74
Slough is surely a worthy contender? The stony, industrialized gem of Berkshire, it would be a great symbol of hope and glory.
Original post by WhereIsMyMind
Bristol. :smile:

AGREED.
Reply 76
London won't really be destroyed, it will rise out of the ashes phoenix like, ebuilent and majestic as ever.

U mirin eloquence, brah?
Original post by The Devil
Dublin isn't in the UK

I don't believe OP said the UK.

It's understandable that someone could take Britain as the British Isles not Great Britain.

Anyway, in time London would be rebuilt like after the great fire and the blitz.
(edited 13 years ago)
Reply 78
Original post by Che_91
You my friend are a moron. Britain doesn't have a capital city, the United Kingdom does.

Britain may refer to: United Kingdom of Great Britain & Northern Ireland
Reply 79
I imagine it would be Manchester.

Latest

Trending

Trending