The Student Room Group

So uncomfortable!

I know this sounds so stupid but Im so uncomfortable at home - I cant do any work and I end up hurting myself.
Basically I don't have a computer desk or anything so I end up using my laptop on my bed as a result I really strain my back and as I always sit cross legged I hurt them too. I would sit in my lounge and work on the sofa but its so so cold in there I cant bare it and the only chair I have is a fold up wooden one which is really not comfortable to sit on for more than a few minuets. There is no room to get a computer desk nor can I afford it - I just really wish my back didn't hurt as much as it did and its really impacting my work - Usually I would go to into the library uni but its already shut for christmas as their doing building work there - I really need to get my work done but I just cant do it at home :frown:

Scroll to see replies

Normal every day public library no good?
Reply 2
Original post by Anonymous
I know this sounds so stupid but Im so uncomfortable at home - I cant do any work and I end up hurting myself.
Basically I don't have a computer desk or anything so I end up using my laptop on my bed as a result I really strain my back and as I always sit cross legged I hurt them too. I would sit in my lounge and work on the sofa but its so so cold in there I cant bare it and the only chair I have is a fold up wooden one which is really not comfortable to sit on for more than a few minuets. There is no room to get a computer desk nor can I afford it - I just really wish my back didn't hurt as much as it did and its really impacting my work - Usually I would go to into the library uni but its already shut for christmas as their doing building work there - I really need to get my work done but I just cant do it at home :frown:

Stop ****ing complaining and get on with it. ARGGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH.

THIS MAKES ME SO MAD ARGGGGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH
Reply 3
Original post by mikeyd85
Normal every day public library no good?

have you read his thread? obviously not!!! HE SAY'S THE LIBRARY IS SHUT. READ FIRST B4 YOU POST YOUR COMMENT IDIOT
Reply 4
Original post by markberry91
have you read his thread? obviously not!!! HE SAY'S THE LIBRARY IS SHUT. READ FIRST B4 YOU POST YOUR COMMENT IDIOT

actually he says the uni library is shut........
Reply 5
OP can't you just layer up and sit in your sofa? Or public library is a good suggestion if not.

There are people in this world without a house and school and who would give their right arm and left leg to be in your place.

Get on with it.
Reply 7
Library?
Reply 8
YEA I know this thread-starter is so ungrateful. ARGGGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH
Reply 9
do your work lying on the floor? if not lying on your bed with a book underneath the papers? ..but seriously...a cheap plasticcy desk would be a good investment if your healths at risk....what about ur dining table? or the kitchen....anywhere with a surface?

Spoiler

I'm sure there's a public library close to your home which is an alternative to the uni's one. Also, you don't really need a desk. Haven't you got a table in your house that you could use for your workload? If not, I'd probably use the bed as a desk, sitting on the floor and using the bed for all of your work.
Stop ****ing complaining and get on with it. ARGGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH.

THIS MAKES ME SO MAD ARGGGGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

YEA I know this thread-starter is so ungrateful. ARGGGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

Is this charming addition used only when posting on here, or do you actually make this noise?
Original post by alibobs
actually he says the uni library is shut........

TYVM. :smile:
Reply 13
I don't live anywhere near the public library - It would cost a fiver on the bus on top of that Id have to take my whole load of books (I have 22 in total) and my laptop - not exactly practical
Original post by morematterlessartx
Is this charming addition used only when posting on here, or do you actually make this noise?

Yes I do! I'm sorry it's just idiots like him that test my patience. it really winds me up.
Wow, markberry91 is certainly in a bad mood today.

Perhaps he's on his period :s-smilie:
Reply 16

ARGGGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH :fuhrer:
Original post by reisen
ARGGGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH :fuhrer:

argggghhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh. lol. you have just cheered me up !
Reply 18
argggghhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh. lol. you have just cheered me up !

I have your number MeHaaaaaaaaaa.

07546 392957 - I'll phone you :tongue:
Reply 19

This sounds exactly like where I used to live - had a tiny room with no desk, no dinning room only a sofa and armchair in the lounge - which was freezing and a tiny worktop in the kitchen - needless to say I spent the entire year working on my bed.

Don't happen to live in a house belonging to a Mrs Beavis? :tongue:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending