The Student Room Group
Undergraduate Centre, Oxford Brookes University
Oxford Brookes University
Oxford

Oxford Brookes Applicants 2011

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
Original post by Nicki101
I also got one of surrey university, and I really don´t know which university I should choose??!!???
Anyone here who could help me with my decision?????

I don't know anything about the subject (sorry!) but I've visited Surrey and it seemed great for more business-type subjects. Very modern facilities, as far as I can tell, and a really nice campus.. but the lower priced accommodation felt like a prison :s-smilie:
Undergraduate Centre, Oxford Brookes University
Oxford Brookes University
Oxford
Reply 21
Original post by Nicki101
I got an offer for tourism management at OX Brookes three days ago.

I also got one of surrey university, and I really don´t know which university I should choose??!!???
Anyone here who could help me with my decision????? :colone:

:cool::cool::cool:

Thats my problem as well! I'm not sure whether to go with surrey or oxford brookes!!
Reply 22
i went to visit surrey university and it was horrible. i didnt like it at all. i felt it was a concrete jungle and didnt like it at all. i've also applied for oxford brookes, to do tourism management - still not recieved an offer yet! :frown: - and in my personal opinion oxford brookes over surrey ANYDAY.
Reply 23
Original post by Benammieh
So what is their intake each year?

no idea, there's about 120ish in my classes though.
Reply 24
christ, some of you already have offers? I haven't even sent my application yet! :O i'm applying for 2:nd year though, transfering...
Reply 25
Original post by teukiechul
no idea, there's about 120ish in my classes though.

120! Woow that is a lot of film students.
Reply 26
Group interview for Estate Management on the 21st D:
Reply 27
120! Woow that is a lot of film students.

haha yeah, i just had my final exam today and there was about 150 students taking it so yeah that's how many film students there are :P but not everyone turns up at lectures so theres only about 70 in the main film lecture and in the seminars there's about 10 per class, so its all good!
Reply 28
haha yeah, i just had my final exam today and there was about 150 students taking it so yeah that's how many film students there are :P but not everyone turns up at lectures so theres only about 70 in the main film lecture and in the seminars there's about 10 per class, so its all good!

Wow thats a lot lool. But how long did it take for them to give u an offer. Ive been waiting over two weeks and I know people have already gotten offers! does that mean im unsuccessful?
Reply 29
Benammieh, they'll send you a message saying if you got an offer or not - they won't just leave you hanging. I've never heard of people getting an offer this early, heh.

I applied to the Human Biology course...the nice thing is, as an Access to HE student, I get a guaranteed offer - still waiting to find out what the offer's like, heh.

Anyone know what the housing allocation is like? I'd like to save some money and be in Cresent, but how many people actually get the room they want?
Reply 30
Wow thats a lot lool. But how long did it take for them to give u an offer. Ive been waiting over two weeks and I know people have already gotten offers! does that mean im unsuccessful?

i waited about two weeks, i sent off my application the beginning of dec and recived my offer the 22nd!
Reply 31
i waited about two weeks, i sent off my application the beginning of dec and recived my offer the 22nd!

oh wow.

Have you done any screenwiriting modules yet?
Reply 32
Ive been waiting over two weeks and I know people have already gotten offers! does that mean im unsuccessful?

Two weeks is nothing, hang in there! I received an offer yesterday after nearly two months of waiting :rolleyes:

Universities are not obliged to give you an offer until something like March next year. But it seems like Brookes are beginning to sift through the applications, so I'm sure it won't be long before you hear a response..
Reply 33
oh wow.

Have you done any screenwiriting modules yet?

nopee, i get that next semester though!

the modules for the first year are;
key issues 1
video production
the film industry
reading narrative (or a module from ANY other course! - i chose an IT one)
Reply 34
nopee, i get that next semester though!

the modules for the first year are;
key issues 1
video production
the film industry
reading narrative (or a module from ANY other course! - i chose an IT one)

Oh thats so cool! is the video video production module fun
Reply 35
Oh thats so cool! is the video video production module fun

it is fun! (expect if you are in a group with a load of *****)
Reply 36
Got an offer for English/History at Brookes! :biggrin:
Very happy, I really liked the University when I visited.
Reply 37
Original post by Frail
Got an offer for English/History at Brookes! :biggrin:
Very happy, I really liked the University when I visited.

Ooh I've just sent my application in, what did they offer you and what are your predicted grades if you don't mind me asking :smile:
Reply 38
Original post by Smith92
Ooh I've just sent my application in, what did they offer you and what are your predicted grades if you don't mind me asking :smile:

Hey, I was offered BBB (which when I asked at the open day they said was the standard offer) and I am predicted AAB.
How about you?
Good luck by the way! :smile:
Reply 39
sent my UCAS off on the 29th october and got an offer for biology on the 7th december, BBB:smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending