The Student Room Group

Introverts, we have something to smile about afterall

I just read this article

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/article-1338093/Be-proud-loud-J-K-Rowling-So-Gwyneth-Paltrow-No-wonder-introverts-quietly-triumphing-life.html

I can identify with all the five signs and a lot of what's in the article rings true. I can definitely take away something from it.

EDIT: I apologise if I have offended people by implying that there is something wrong with being introvert. I did not mean it that way at all, I just wanted to highlight the advantages of being introvert and share a good article.
(edited 13 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

I don't know about you, but I always was smiling.
Introverts, be proud of who you are.

People only dislike the trait since it makes them feel uncomfortable. Human beings don't exist for the comfort of others. :wink:
Original post by rajandkwameali
Human beings don't exist for the comfort of others. :wink:

Yes, they do. Humans only exist to perpetuate their own species. If you comfort others, you are helping to continue the human race. Particularly if you sexually comfort others...
lol.... no we do not, we live for ourselves. We don't live in order for others to be content or at ease.'

People only dislike introverts since they lack the proper social skills to move on to somebody else. They also lack the social skills to acknowledge difference in people. Some people are less talkative/outgoing by nature. Reality shouldn't be an obstacle. :wink:
Reply 5
Original post by TheSownRose
I don't know about you, but I always was smiling.

I'm always smiling too.

I didn't mean for you to take it literally.\
Original post by babygirl110
I'm always smiling too.

I didn't mean for you to take it literally.\

I wasn't being literal either. :wink:

I don't need some article to tell me it's all right to be introverted, I already knew that. Most people are all right.

Original post by Absinth
Edit: this is a long shot, but anyone on here an INFP?

Sorry, I'm INTJ. :frown:
Reply 7
Original post by Absinth
Makes me feel a little better...

Is that some sort of personality indicator from the myers briggs?
Reply 8

I don't need some article to tell me it's all right to be introverted, I already knew that. Most people are all right.

All good for you if you know who you are and are very comfortable with the person you are.

I just thought it an interesting article that makes me see things from another perspective and I wanted to share it on TSR.
All good for you if you know who you are and are very comfortable with the person you are.

I just thought it an interesting article that makes me see things from another perspective and I wanted to share it on TSR.

Well, I was going to tell you what INFP is, but maybe not now...

I didn't mean it to be 'holier than thou', just that you don't need to be validated, you don't need to be told it's all right to be happy. Just ... be happy.

People are who they are and, unless you're a psychopath, most people are all right and will be fine.
Reply 10
:grin:

I always liked my introvert self anyway. :h:
Reply 11

I'm an INTJ too. :smile: High five mate. (I know you can't high five a computer screen but you know what I mean.)
Reply 12
Original post by Saada
I'm an INTJ too. :smile: High five mate. (I know you can't high five a computer screen but you know what I mean.)

Yes you can. :five:
Original post by Absinth
Makes me feel a little better...

Yep! An INFP and proud. :h:
Original post by Saada

We can do this, though: :five:
Reply 15
I'm INTJ

Original post by Saada
I'm an INTJ too

:five:
Reply 16
Is that some sort of personality indicator from the myers briggs?

Yeah it is.
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 17

Me too :colondollar:
I've always liked being introverted and never saw a problem with it.
Reply 18
Original post by Absinth
Yeah it is.

Is the test online?
Is the test online?

This one is quite a good indicator: http://www.humanmetrics.com/cgi-win/JTypes2.asp

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending