The Student Room Group

Is this the only reason why guys want to become famous?

I'm sure a lot of you watched the X Factor last night. I know I did. :cool:

Fast forward to 7:43 - Harry from One Direction whispers into Matt Cardle's (the winner) ear:

"Think how much pussy you're gonna get" (or something similar to that)

It strikes me that the only reason guys want to become famous is to get pussy.

Because, let's face it, girls are incredibly picky when it comes to guys. Most girls don't even know themselves what they want from a guy. Most guys know that girls set unrealistically high standards and the only surefire way to get girls is to become famous. So I don't blame guys for wanting to become famous, and the X Factor is an easy way to become famous. A guy has to do something extraordinary to get female attention in this day and age. It's a sad sad state of affairs.

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
I don't like pussy and I never will. It stinks. Nor do I aim to become famous.
No. Jackson did it for all the kids.
Reply 3
What if you become famous and are perfectly happy with a woman youve been with before you got famous?
Reply 4
Original post by Jim-ie
What if you become famous and are perfectly happy with a woman youve been with before you got famous?

rarely happens.
Reply 5
Original post by xfactorfan

Fast forward to 7:43 - Harry from One Direction whispers into Matt Cardle's (the winner) ear:

Because, let's face it, girls are incredibly picky when it comes to guys. Most girls don't even know themselves what they want from a guy. Most guys know that girls set unrealistically high standards and the only surefire way to get girls is to become famous. So I don't blame guys for wanting to become famous, and the X Factor is an easy way to become famous. A guy has to do something extraordinary to get female attention in this day and age. It's a sad sad state of affairs.

No. Mohammed Ali Jinnah, Mahatma Gandhi and Martin Luther King are all far more famous and well known globally than these X-factor winners, and I very much doubt they took the risks they did for the sake of 'pussy'.

Also, most British women are probably far more likely to fancy male X-factor winners than the men mentioned above even though male X-factor winners are nowhere near as well known, so your point doesn't really stand.
Reply 6
omg I was wondering what that one Direction kid whispered to him.

Pussy is a bonus to fame, I think money comes first.
Reply 7

Go to a local club and you'll find otherwise
Reply 8
rarely happens.

But it can! This is why I went of Lewis Hamilton. HE had a girl that stuck by him all the way up, and then his first year in the big time, dumped her flat. ****er!
Reply 9
Original post by markrush
But it can! This is why I went of Lewis Hamilton. HE had a girl that stuck by him all the way up, and then his first year in the big time, dumped her flat. ****er!

And look at all the footballer's Wives. It's great. Do you think half of those guys would have got those women if they weren't famous? And on top of that they have so much money that all the other womn want to shag them, so they cheat on their wives, who then forgive them because they have so much money

Perfect.
I don't think anybody (with healthy self-esteem and a non-narcissistic personality anyhow) wants to be famous.

If somebody has talent so be it, they're just being themselves.
Reply 11
Original post by naomidawn
Go to a local club and you'll find otherwise

this coming from a girl :rolleyes:

i'll believe it when a guy says it.
Reply 12
Original post by Huskaris
And look at all the footballer's Wives. It's great. Do you think half of those guys would have got those women if they weren't famous? And on top of that they have so much money that all the other womn want to shag them, so they cheat on their wives, who then forgive them because they have so much money

Perfect.

You really think that that would be perfect?
Reply 13
I want to become a famous biker so I can inspire people to ride like Steve Peat, Sam Hill and Matt Hunter inspired me.
And of course for girls, money and my picture on every biking website, magazine and sponsor company everywhere. :wink:
Reply 14
>Is this the only reason why guys want to become famous?

Look at the bigger picture, love. It's the only reason why guys want to live.
Reply 15
Original post by markrush
You really think that that would be perfect?

No no no sorry. it was like sarcasm/disbelief. I need to remember that tones of voice do not come across in text haha :-)
Pretty much. The money and the chocha.
Reply 17
Would rather have the money tbh
Reply 18
Original post by Huskaris
No no no sorry. it was like sarcasm/disbelief. I need to remember that tones of voice do not come across in text haha :-)

Oh thank god :smile: I had to check before saying anything. Maybe I'll getting old but the right girl is more valuable than anything else.
Reply 19
Money and minge.

Though you don't have to be famous to get it, just good looking and then pop out clubbing and you'll get more fish than a fishmonger!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending