The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Anonymous
yeah i suppose i can't really judge on other peoples relationships..
in answer to your "what do you have to lose?".. i'm afraid to lose one of my closest friends if something negative does come out of it, but then again that can happen with anyone.. so, yeah.. nothing i guess:/

awww im in the exact same situation! I thought what I felt was kind of weird to be honest , I'm glad to see someone else is going through the same thing as me. I've been talking to this guy for 1 year now, everytime we're supposed to meet something is going wrong, but I think I like him more than a friend. But he's one of my closest friend. If I lost him I seriously don't know what I'd do. So the question is : does it worth it...? alala...
Original post by Anonymous
Okay ppretty self explanitory.. Is it possible to llike someone as more than a friend if you have only spoken to them online.. And not met in person?

yes, happened to me, we been talking to each other online for 2 years and we found out that we live in the same town so we met up... 3 months together but ended badly.
I doubt it. I think it would be more accurate to say that you can like the person that someone appears to be when online.
Reply 23
Original post by DanielleT192
How do you know if you haven't tried meeting him? I certainly think it's possible. It probably would be a little different, but if you speak the same way as you would in person, I don't see why you wouldn't get a good idea of what the person is like. I'm going to take my own advice because I am in the same position. The only way you';ll find out is if you meet him :smile: wish you luck!

Haaha, how did you know I was female? :smile:
Yeah thats true, okay thanks for the advice! Oh youre in the same position? Good luck to you too:smile:
I have to say it's very possible ,since I'm in the very same situation although we can't meet.so we use webcams and so ,and it 's going real good so far
Reply 25
Yes!
Reply 26
Perhaps... If you like certain aspects of her then by all means go with the flow.
Original post by NaUmarly
Yes!

This. :biggrin:

Also, you might find they're not the same person when you meet them, you might like them more or you might like them less, but you never know until you try, so meet up!
A piece of internet advice here... there are no women on the internet. :tongue: (don't know OP's gender, but just in case)
(edited 13 years ago)
Have you just spoken to someone online? Have you never met?
Do you like them?

Then yes, it is possible.
I have had experience of this in the past, and the relationship you could have with them offline is totally different to whatever you experience online.. so don't go in with really high expectations thinking it's going to be amazing when you meet the person, as it might not be.
Reply 31
YES. I was messaging a guy for months and months and started to kind of like him. At first I thought that I just liked the attention but what he had to say really interested me, and he seemed like such a funny, sweet and intelligent guy. Anyway...we swapped numbers, and texted instead of messaged and then we decided to meet up; I was worried that he wouldn't live up to my expectations but he was better then I expected.
Met up quite a few times more and he's now my boyfriend :h:.

Of course you can never be sure if the person you are getting to know is genuine, and you could find that when you meet up that there is no attraction what so ever, as you could have fallen for the internet persona, and not the real life person. However, I think that it can work the other way, too. Like I think that people can be more open on the internet, I know that sometimes in real life I can be quite shy and guarded but online, I can open up more, and people can see the real me.
(edited 13 years ago)
Original post by .Scout.
YES. I was messaging a guy for months and months and started to kind of like him. At first I thought that I just liked the attention but what he had to say really interested me, and he seemed like such a funny, sweet and intelligent guy. Anyway...we swapped numbers, and texted instead of messaged and then we decided to meet up; I was worried that he wouldn't live up to my expectations but he was better then I expected.

Of course you can never be sure if the person you are getting to know is genuine, and you could find that when you meet up that there is no attraction what so ever, as you could have fallen for the internet persona, and not the real life person. However, I think that it can work the other way, too. Like I think that people can be more open on the internet, I know that sometimes in real life I can be quite shy and guarded but online, I can open up more, and people can see the real me.

What a beautiful story. wow. I must remember to +rep you.:smile:
Reply 33
Original post by .Scout.

N'aaw, this is cute:smile: im glad it worked out for the both of you! I agree with everything you said thought, people are usually different in person than they are online, we'll just have to see I suppose:smile:
Yeah, speaking to someone it helps you get to know them, although you haven't met them in person it gives you an open option to feel something for them. Speaking to them helps you become more confident with them and also you get to know each other better. Then when the time is right you can meet them and you'll already know things about them so it will be like you've known each other for a while. (Just be careful because they can show a differnt side person an they can act a lot differnt so make sure you've met there true side and trust them before you start anything real. Remember it's not hard to find out there true sides just be you and if they like the real you then you'll be worth their time and effort) :smile: hope this helps x
Locked due to age of thread

Latest

Trending

Trending