The Student Room Group

Christmas party girl dies after her drink 'is spiked with heroin substitute'

Scroll to see replies

Reply 40
Original post by Drunk Punx
While I can see exactly where you're coming from, and despite what the statistics say (relevant as they are), I'm disinclined to agree with you on the basis that a friend of mine was raped on a night out after rohypnol had been slipped into her drink.

Not an urban legend, I assure you.

Yes obviously there are some very rare actual cases. Just irritates me when girls get off their head and claim they got their drink spiked, hear it so often and tbh it's very, very unlikely. Also if you were the type of scum that did something like that you wouldn't even need drugs as enough girls willingly drink themselves to the point of incapacity every weekend, sad state of affairs.
Original post by Melanie-v
This.

:confused: :s-smilie:

You know what I mean, if you date rape someone you get to rape someone - if you spike someone with heroin then... *shrug*
Original post by L i b
I don't think it does happen, routinely. It's a bit of an urban myth. Even date rape drugs are bloody ineffective: I mean, OK, you've got a girl practically comatose - how do you then get her on her own and get her to a place where you can rape her? I can imagine maybe some people spike drinks for amusement, but I imagine it's unbelievably rare.

People are quick to ascribe 'spiking' to unpleasant reactions to alcohol. It could be plenty of things. I know, for example, someone who was violently ill after drinking a pint of beer which was contaminated with cleaning fluid.

This is what I was thinking, I'm a bit apprehensive as to thinking that her drink was actually spiked or she just couldn't handle her drink and was quick to suggest because of this somebody spiked her drink.
Original post by Installation
You know what I mean, if you date rape someone you get to rape someone - if you spike someone with heroin then... *shrug*

Yeah, I get what you mean - I was just commenting on the wording.

---------

"users report feeling a surge of euphoria (“rush”) accompanied by dry mouth, a warm flushing of the skin, heaviness of the extremities, and clouded mental functioning. Following this initial euphoria, the user goes “on the nod,” an alternately wakeful and drowsy state"
Maybe it was meant to have a similar effect to a date rape drugs, just not as obvious to others?
Reply 44
Original post by + polarity -
Yeah, I'm sure Gemma was trying to hide the fact that she drank too much

by dying

:colonhash:

If I had any rep left to give, I would give it to you.
Original post by + polarity -
Yeah, I'm sure Gemma was trying to hide the fact that she drank too much

by dying

:colonhash:

****ing funniest guy on TSR

Also
"Miss Thomas' parents Wayne and Jacqueline were too upset to comment yesterday at their three-bedroom, £150,000 semi-detached home."

Why is the value of their property mentioned in the article? It seems irrelevant to me.

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-1338203/Christmas-party-girl-Gemma-Thomas-dies-drink-spiked-heroin-substitute.html#ixzz181MK0V1Y
Reply 46
Original post by HumanNature1992
This is what I was thinking, I'm a bit apprehensive as to thinking that her drink was actually spiked or she just couldn't handle her drink and was quick to suggest because of this somebody spiked her drink.

Are you still talking about the girl in the article? Because according to the article, she was laughing and joking when she collapsed and never regained consciousness, so she couldn't have suggested that someone spiked her drink.
What does the price of her parents' house have to do with the story?
Original post by rlw31
Are you still talking about the girl in the article? Because according to the article, she was laughing and joking when she collapsed and never regained consciousness, so she couldn't have suggested that someone spiked her drink.

Both really, and in this instance I meant that those who suggested that her drink was spiked, somebody came to that conclusion, possibly all too quick!

I mean she could've just had too much to drink, she even said when she goes on night outs she loves to get drunk and fall over O_o..maybe all that alcohol abuse caught up with her and it wasnt that her drink was spiked - and whoever suggested that it was may be wrong.
Reply 49
Original post by lnwn
but why mention her parent's house value?!? whats that to do with it.... :confused:

To let the Daily Fail readers know what class they are, duh :rolleyes:

I doesn't matter if the lower classes die :colonhash:
Reply 50
Both really, and in this instance I meant that those who suggested that her drink was spiked, somebody came to that conclusion, possibly all too quick!

I mean she could've just had too much to drink, she even said when she goes on night outs she loves to get drunk and fall over O_o..maybe all that alcohol abuse caught up with her and it wasnt that her drink was spiked - and whoever suggested that it was may be wrong.

I understand that her friends or whoever could have claimed that her drink was spiked without knowing either way, but she couldn't have claimed anything as she was unconscious for the entire episode.

It is really fair to make comments about alcohol abuse because of something written on facebook?
Original post by rlw31
I understand that her friends or whoever could have claimed that her drink was spiked without knowing either way, but she couldn't have claimed anything as she was unconscious for the entire episode.

It is really fair to make comments about alcohol abuse because of something written on facebook?

I didn't say she claimed anything, I know she was unconscious throughout :erm:

Well there's obviously a reason why she said it, she MOST probably does drink over excessively, granted we dont know the whole story but we can only go by what we've been told and what she's said regardless of where its been said.
Original post by Huskaris
If I had any rep left to give, I would give it to you.

Original post by Oh my Ms. Coffey
****ing funniest guy on TSR

:blush: :girl:

Also: Why is the value of their property mentioned in the article?

:rofl: I have no idea! Oh, Daily Mail!
Reply 53
Original post by rlw31
Are you still talking about the girl in the article?

Both really

I got confused by the 'Both really'.
Bet she had a fun time b4 she died
Original post by Melanie-v
Yeah, I get what you mean - I was just commenting on the wording.

---------

"users report feeling a surge of euphoria (“rush”) accompanied by dry mouth, a warm flushing of the skin, heaviness of the extremities, and clouded mental functioning. Following this initial euphoria, the user goes “on the nod,” an alternately wakeful and drowsy state"
Maybe it was meant to have a similar effect to a date rape drugs, just not as obvious to others?

Doubt it, why not just go for the proper stuff. Someone on heroin isn't subtle either. :awesome:
the person who did this should be tried for murder.

Original post by Jono404
Yes obviously there are some very rare actual cases. Just irritates me when girls get off their head and claim they got their drink spiked, hear it so often and tbh it's very, very unlikely. Also if you were the type of scum that did something like that you wouldn't even need drugs as enough girls willingly drink themselves to the point of incapacity every weekend, sad state of affairs.

"false rape allegations account for two to eight percent of all reported rapes" from this: http://www.awolau.org/2010/04/05/myth-busters-false-rape-reports/ women don't normally just claim rape (specifically date-rape) for the hell of it.

oh, yes, since raping someone is a just reward. :rolleyes:
Original post by green chica
the person who did this should be tried for murder.

"false rape allegations account for two to eight percent of all reported rapes" from this: http://www.awolau.org/2010/04/05/myth-busters-false-rape-reports/ women don't normally just claim rape (specifically date-rape) for the hell of it.

oh, yes, since raping someone is a just reward. :rolleyes:

Calm down dear. I never said it was just lol, says something about you though.
I dont get why people spike drinks :erm:

They don't. Every single study into the phenomenon has concluded that, aside from a few isolated cases, virtually everybody who claims to have had their drink spiked was really just trashed through not knowing their own limits. It's an urban myth.
Calm down dear. I never said it was just lol, says something about you though.

and what does it say about me?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending