The Student Room Group

Why do so many people take MDMA?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by You Failed
Same thing essentially, your mind being mush implies you're not mentally coherent and he was obviously asking it in a way that implied that he thinks it does make you mentally incoherent. So yeah, I see no reason why I shouldn't call him ignorant, because he is. A simple google search would dispel all of his preconceived and idiotic notions about MDMA.

Either way, someone should definitely slip some in HIS bext bottle of VK :biggrin:
Original post by Jake22
Maybe 20-30 years ago they were but definately in the last 10-15 years, pills are predominantly speed. That's why people use the word MDMA to distinguish them. Also, most people who do proper MDMA do it as a powder.

Around here pills mean ecstasy pills, which should have no speed or anything but MDMA + binders.

Pure MDMA is crystal, the powder is cut with stuff.
Original post by profoflife
You'll do very well to get pills that have any decent amount of MDMA in them. People would do more MDMA if they could get hold of it, its a matter of supply as its more difficult to get. Also worth mentioning that all MDMA is now synthetic where it used to be naturally prodcued in Holland. It is now illgal there so its manufactured.

MDMA is supposed to be the only ingredient in pills (apart from the binding chemicals) but pills are full of all sorts of crap, caffine, speed, and normally some very suspiscious other stuff as well. :smile:

Very true, but when you are paying less than £2 a pill what do you expect? Decent pills are still available but not as common and cost a tenner a pill, they are the only ones worth bothering with, you have to take a handful of the cheap ones to get a decent buzz and you have no idea what else you are taking.
Original post by MagicNMedicine
Because the first time they do it they get an amazing experience which stays with them for the rest of their life. They then try to recreate this every subsequent time they take it and it is never quite the same. After a while they will start finding that their comedowns are worse and the highs become hit or miss, so usually they end up drifting away from using it.

Even when I'm 'properly' drunk, I still have control over myself. Would I still have this control, even with MDMA?

Thanks in advance - you sound like the expert :biggrin:
Original post by tripleeagle
Even when I'm 'properly' drunk, I still have control over myself. Would I still have this control, even with MDMA?

You would be in more control than when you are drunk.
Original post by Elipsis
Yeah, used to be able to get them at 3 for a tenner inside the night clubs. Cheapest I ever saw was some guy selling them at trade for £5 for 10. I always try and buy before I get inside so I can test them, or buy off someone who makes it.

Yeah. Cheap and good back then...but it wasn't even all that long ago.
And I never bought them to go out - we get them to stay in the house and just get kettled ;p

Original post by Jono404
Wasn't around for the glory years of being able to get quality pills everytime, but I remember being so chuffed at getting the amazing love hearts at a couple of quid a pill last year. A couple of them would see me gurning the night away everytime :smile:

I never got me hands on the love hearts - but atm the best ones are either the blue sapphiers or the 140's.
Reply 126
Original post by ArcaneAnna
Yeah. Cheap and good back then...but it wasn't even all that long ago.
And I never bought them to go out - we get them to stay in the house and just get kettled ;p

I never got me hands on the love hearts - but atm the best ones are either the blue sapphiers or the 140's.

Staying in and munching pills is good... but I still think a dirty rave has its merits. I don't think Newcastle is really the place to be going out taking mandy though.
I'd advise against people doing pills.

The two most important things to know when taking a drug are, what drug your taking, and how much of it your taking.

With a pill it could be anything, and very rarely these days do pills contain any mdma.

In fact the situation is so bad, that even crystal mdma is being cut with nasty ****, and pipazerines are being sold as mdma.

If anyone ever buys mdma, taste it, if it's sweet it is most likely some sort of pipazerine, and they are nasty shiz, so don't take it. MDMA should be very bitter tasting and has a aniseed smell.
Reply 128

Like he said, you'd be in a lot more control, just loving everything with a big grin. Wait til you're at uni to do it, test your pills with an EZ test kit, and drink a pint of water per hour, and you're good to go.
Reply 129
Original post by Spetznaaz

The two most important things to know when taking a drug are, what drug your taking, and how much of it your taking.

With a pill it could be anything, and very rarely these days do pills contain any mdma.

In fact the situation is so bad, that even crystal mdma is being cut with nasty ****, and pipazerines are being sold as mdma.

If anyone ever buys mdma, taste it, if it's sweet it is most likely some sort of pipazerine, and they are nasty shiz, so don't take it. MDMA should be very bitter tasting and has a aniseed smell.

Could EZ test it, and go on pill reports before you buy?
Reply 130
And instead of waking up cringing at acting like a cock all night, you'd be thinking 'that was AMAZING' for days.
Original post by Elipsis
Like he said, you'd be in a lot more control, just loving everything with a big grin. Wait til you're at uni to do it, test your pills with an EZ test kit, and drink a pint of water per hour, and you're good to go.

I'd say stay away from pills, only go for crystal mdma, and yea, do a marquis reagent test on it, i think it's supposed to turn black. Unfortunately without some very expensive equipment, all a marquis test can tell you is that you have mdxx which could be any one of the analogues of mdma; mde, mda etc.

Original post by Elipsis
Could EZ test it, and go on pill reports before you buy?

This is true, but as soon as a decent pill comes out, fakes come out, so even if you have say a blue facebook, which reportedly contained a **** load of mdma, it could contain anything as fake fb's came out straight after.

With mdma, it's pretty easy to tell if it's real md if you know what to look for, and that way you can measure out your dosages so you know how much your taking.
(edited 13 years ago)
Reply 132
I'd say stay away from pills, only go for crystal mdma, and yea, do a marquis reagent test on it, i think it's supposed to turn black. Unfortunately without some very expensive equipment, all a marquis test can tell you is that you have mdxx which could be any one of the analogues of mdma; mde, mda etc.

I've been tempted to get some marquis for a while but does it have a long shelf life? Only really get it in every few months so not sure if it's worth it otherwise
Original post by Jono404
I've been tempted to get some marquis for a while but does it have a long shelf life? Only really get it in every few months so not sure if it's worth it otherwise

Not 100% sure on the shelf life but i assume it is very long.

The mdma i have had recently has been nothing on the md i used to get. I really want to know if it is actually mdma, and not an analgue and the purity, maybe i've lost the 'magic' as they say, or maybe it's really **** md, i really wanna know :frown:

Only problem is i'd need to hook it up to a mass spectrometer, i've been tempted to use the uni equipment but i think i may get in a slight bit of trouble lol
Original post by Elipsis

Thanks for the advice :smile: I'll definitely be careful of dehydration and I'll wait for it to kick in instead of taking two ^^
Original post by Elipsis
Staying in and munching pills is good... but I still think a dirty rave has its merits. I don't think Newcastle is really the place to be going out taking mandy though.

Nahh...you're wrong there like. The rave and underground scene has grown loads over the past year. It's pretty good now - you just gotta know the right people/places ;p

I mean, we had the 'rave in a cave' this summer. Ay ay...amazing.

It's just usually because we start the night in the house - by the time you've dropped two, plus had a few lines of this or that - you really can't get up to go anywhere. Hence end up blasting a few days in a house. c:
At the very least ask what the stamp is and check pill reports before you buy.

Well..the last pill we tested were the orange vw's - and they were defs high MD content. So maybe it just depends where and who you buy them off?

I mean all the different areas within britain have different quality of drugs.
Like here in the north east coke is ****, but ket and md are pretty darn good.
Thanks for the advice :smile: I'll definitely be careful of dehydration and I'll wait for it to kick in instead of taking two ^^

You planning on doing mdma for the first time mate? Must of missed it, big thread lol.

You've probably already been given advice, but just in case:

Do not EVER take mdma if you are on anti depressants, if they are MAOI's it would be highly likely that you would die from serotonin syndrome.

Make sure the md you use is actually md. It should be crystals, usually opaque/clear, but you do get various colours (it's just dye used by dealers). They should be fairly hard, but crush into a white powder between your fingers. The taste is extremely bitter, but not as bitter as speed. It should smell strongly of aniseed.

If it's your first time you want to be very careful on the dose. Assuming it's pure mdma, i would go for a 80mg dose (threshold is 40), bomb it, don't snort it. A typical dose is between 100-200, but 200mg of pure, is EXTREMELY intense, the come up would most likely cause you to have a panic attack. See how that effects you, and if it's all good, top up with say 100mg 2-3 hours later.

Don't do more than 500mg (half a gram) in one night. Half a gram of pure is a very heavy night, so depending on how health concious you are, i'd say 400mg limit.

Don't do it more than once a month - personally i'd say 2-3 times a year max, but i'm quite health concious.

Before you do it, take 5-htp supplements and vitamin e 3-4 days beforehand every day, but no 5-htp the day you do the mdma. Take 5-htp and vitamin e when you are fully come down.

Many studies have shown these supplements give massive protection against any potential neurotoxicity of mdma, and they made the come down a lot less bad. The 5-htp basically replenishes the serotonin you used up the night before.

Do not mix with alcohol or any other drugs (apart from cannabis on the come down if you smoke).

If you are at a rave, take regular breaks from dancing - you won't feel like you need to, but make sure you do. Drink water, but not to much. Sip it, if your sitting around doing nothing you don't need to drink loads, if your dancing you will be losing water, so you will need to drink more, but be very careful not to drink too much.

The biggest risks of mdma are drinking too much or too little water. Isotonic drinks are best as they replace the lost sodium.

Be aware of the risks, there are risks. It's highly unlikely to die from mdma, and as long as you remain safe, and take the above advice the chances of anything bad happening are very slim - however, it would be negligent of me not to mention that very rarely someone can have a bad reaction to mdma, and suffer from serotonin syndrome.

I do not know the risk of this happening if you are not on anti depressants, but i do know it's very rare.

They say 1 in 50,000 people die from mdma, i assume this includes people who take it while on anti depressants, people who die from being silly and drinking too much or too little, or mixing with other drugs.

Most importantly, don't take mdma, or any other drug, if you have a history of mental health problems in your family.

Stay safe :smile:
Reply 139
This thread has made me want to go out, triple drop and have a blinder.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending