The Student Room Group

I bought him socks...how to intercept the post?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Anonymous
Yeah he reads books. And he has feet.

I didn't say he didn't have feet :lolwut:

Just making sure he reads, book ends could have been a random gift or something. Well if he reads books he'll probably be chuffed with your gift.
Your boyfriend sounds like a lucky guy!
Reply 22
Haha, that's alot of socks I like the way you're well prepared. =]
Maybe give him a smexy massage afterwards with due respect think like a guy and give him what all men want...
Reply 23
I love being given socks as a present! (I am a girl though).
So basically seeing this guy for 6 months, 2 months serious. His birthday is tomorrow, sent his gift special delivery to arrive at the door for him to sign at t;en tomorrow.

The only problem is i've realised my gift is ****. I got him book ends, 7 pairs of socks, and an intricate portrait of him made by me (i'm half okay at sketching). I talked to a few friends 4 of whom were guys. They gave their BF/GF of roughly the same time: barbour jacket, ferarri/spa experience, perfume, jewelry, jack wills gear etc

I've never bought for a boy before. I was going to make him cepelinai and then go as wild as a virgin could in the bedroom but now i'm so bummed over the physical present. I just bought him stuff i woulf d have liked and not what is proper. I'm thinking of waiting outside of his flat tomorow (he has an exam) and getting the parcel back somehow. I have the reciept.

What do to? Thanks xxx

socks?? you're not married yet!

although a picture draw by yourself is a lovely thought and should be a nice gift
Reply 25
I got my girlfriend socks once, randomly when out with her in Aberystwyth. They were fluorescent yellow with orange and pink spots on and cost a pound. Anyone telling you it's the thought that counts is lying.
Am I the only person here who would actually appreciate a new pair of socks (or 7)?
Reply 27
black ops & cataclysm

the only 2 gifts that should be considered
:lol:
Reply 29
Aww there's nothing wrong with those presents, honestly. The things your friends have bought are more expensive, that doesn't make them better. My boyfriend plays guitar, and the best thing I ever got was a tune he'd written just for me... :love:

Anyway. That's what your sketch is like. And honestly, socks and bookends that you saw and thought of him are more thoughtful than something random and expensive.

Calm it. Really.

And if you're still unsure, and if it's appropriate to the stage of your relationship, might I suggest getting yourself some fancy underwear and sending him a picture? Maybe with a sort of 'something to look forward to next time I see you' kind of message?
I totally lol'd at this thread first.

But....It's actually a really sweet and thoughtful gift, surely he'd appreciate it? I find it quite adorable tbh. :biggrin:

If you're still not certain, perhaps you could mention that the main present is with you. So when he decides to visit you, just give him something else. Just an option.
Original post by K the Failure

Am I the only person here who would actually appreciate a new pair of socks (or 7)?

No, I would too.

OP, don't worry about. I'm sure he's not going to turn around and tell you that your present's pants.
Reply 32
So basically seeing this guy for 6 months, 2 months serious. His birthday is tomorrow, sent his gift special delivery to arrive at the door for him to sign at t;en tomorrow.

The only problem is i've realised my gift is ****. I got him book ends, 7 pairs of socks, and an intricate portrait of him made by me (i'm half okay at sketching). I talked to a few friends 4 of whom were guys. They gave their BF/GF of roughly the same time: barbour jacket, ferarri/spa experience, perfume, jewelry, jack wills gear etc

I've never bought for a boy before. I was going to make him cepelinai and then go as wild as a virgin could in the bedroom but now i'm so bummed over the physical present. I just bought him stuff i woulf d have liked and not what is proper. I'm thinking of waiting outside of his flat tomorow (he has an exam) and getting the parcel back somehow. I have the reciept.

What do to? Thanks xxx

This is such a joke. I bought book end to. They cost 18 pound and,the socks cost 12. They are nice socks. Ahhhhhhh i can't actually believe that I'vr done it wrong :lolwut: :redface:

You haven't done it wrong at all.

You decided on a present.

You bought the present.

You have sent the present to him.

I'm not sure what how you decide when you have failed or done something wrong but it's different to how I do.

If you had chosen him a present with the intention of upsetting him or causing pain that wouldn't have been the right way to choose his presents.

However, you have chosen him practical presents that you have put thought in to.

Just because they doesn't meet up to the expectations or norms of your friends doesn't mean they aren't good presents.

The only thing you need to do is give yourself a break, you are being ridiculously hard on yourself.

You have got his present sorted now, you don't need to do or change anything. It is for him to open the parcel now.

Make the most of his birthday.
Wow. Socks are what I expect off parents/grandparents. Live and learn :smile:
Just tell him that you're waiting for the rest of his presents to arrive (say you ordered them online) and that you sent him half the present (the socks etc) just so he has something to open on his birthday and he'll get the rest soon .... then go out and buy him some better things. Sorted :smile:
Ive bought my bf socks, shoes and boxers for xmas lol
What you have got him is fine seriously dont worry about it.
I think thats pretty well thought about :wink:

7 pairs of socks.... i cant remember who, but someone has one for everyday.. with Sunday, Monday, Tuesday etc :p:
You could have at least bought him a finger nail clipper.

right now no, as day by day I the old odd socks problem seems to be getting worse. When people say washing machines eat one sock in a pair..they don't lie!:eek:
Reply 39
Original post by Panda Bear
I'm sure he's not going to turn around and tell you that your present's pants.

No, his present's socks :teehee:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending